The Research and Development Technician performs various QC tests to ensure the quality of our traffic safety products including road paint.
- Performs analysis, tests and development of new or updated paint formulas that require specialized understanding of chemistry, product lines, and materials.
- Determine quality standards;
- Conducts raw material evaluations.
- Make recommendations to QC managers in order to resolve QC and technical issues
- Work with Technical Services in investigating customer complaints by testing suspect samples.
- Support the preparation of international, State, Provincial, City and County bids to gain or support QPL approval processes.
- Participate in technical activities related to meetings and discussions with Department of Transportation (Ministry of Transportation or similar) related to product qualifications, testing, and performance.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while maintaining a clean work area.
- Develop reports to accurately detail project processes, results and conclusions.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or Related Fields
- 5 years experience in related discipline, including a broad understanding of paint, particularly latex. Prefer Traffic Paint experience.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with communicating with other departments, suppliers and customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to take direction and apply working knowledge to solve a wide and varied rante of problems.
- Must be capable of making minor adjustments to products with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in applying to this position please respond to this ad or drop by our office to apply (Monday to Friday between 7:00am - 12:00pm). These positions are starting very soon so come in today!
Direct Staffing Solutions Inc.
885 Progress Avenue UPH6 Scarborough, ON M1H 3G3
T: 416.759.1500 F: 416.759.8300