Direct Response Media Group (DRMG) is seeking to hire an Graphic Designer and Layout Artist to fill the role of Pre-Press Specialist for our office in the Greater Toronto Area
DRMG provides direct mail and integrated marketing services that enable small, medium and large businesses to activate their marketing communications across multiple channels and to measure engagement across multiple markets, stakeholders and channels. Direct Response Media Group specializes in coupon and special offers advertising. Our company provides local and national companies with the insight and experience they need to bring their products and services to market effectively. Companies and Brands that DRMG counts as clients today include Pizza Pizza, Active Green and Ross, Mr. Lube, Skylon Tower, Country Style, Mr. Sub, Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Quizno’s, Dairy Queen, RCC and hundreds of others both locally and nationally.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work along with our Production Coordinators and the Creative Director to communicate and consult with clients on the content of ad placements in magazines and coupon books
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the Pre-Press process, including revision work, layout changes and printing-related colour issues
- Soliciting feedback from clients through design briefs which will help the design team better understand client needs as well as helping to better meet their visual expectations
- Prepare mock-ups and wireframed layout of ads to begin the design dialougue between design team and the client
- Design and creation of ads by incorporating text copy, design briefs, product imagery and custom illustrations to produce a custom design product for our clients
- When necessary, co-ordinate with and supervise freelance artists and junior production staff
- Work alongside other design team members, including Illustrators, Graphic Designers, Layout Artists, Production Coordinators and the Creative Director
- Prepare production schedules and timelines for project completion
- Must have a comprehensive design portfolio, preferrably with a focus on print-media advertising/direct-response mail advertising
- Must have experience and aptitude with Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design and Corel Paint
- Must have a post-secondary degree or training in graphic design, visual arts, illustration or graphic communications
- Experience with Project Management software such as MS Project, Base Camp, etc.
- Experience with the MS Office Suite
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Job Location: Corporate Headquarters - Oakville, Ontario
2285 Wyecroft Rd.
Phone: (905) 465-1233 (Please do not call, apply through E-Mail Only)
Fax: (905) 465-1228