Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-paced, commodity-based industry with a call center work environment that focuses on high tech skills.
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2014
It is a fast-paced commodity-based industry that caters towards young, technically advanced employees. They promote "life and work" balance; however, you spend most of your days in meetings and have to do the work in the evenings and weekends.

Even though the work environment at my location was nice, it was an open "call center" work environment that – more... made it difficult to focus on detailed work.

You will go far, if you are young and have a stable credit history in order to pay-in-advance travel expenses and/or have a strong knowledge of the commodity industry.

The pros are that they pay well and have great benefits. – less
productive and fun place with nice people
Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2014
Pros: having fun
Cons: short breaks, and standing on feet all day
A typical day at work for me would be not making any deals and if u don't make any deals you don't get paid and answering to rude customers.

What I learned at the job was how to communicate will with others and how to be confidence in what you say.

Management was awesome

Co- workers we're fun and exciting to be around they made work enjoyable to – more... come to everyday.

The hardest part of the job was remembering your pitch when reciting it to customers at the door and knowing your opponents that work for other energy company

The most enjoyable part of the day was when work was over and you could sit back and relax with your co-workers. – less
Large Growing Energy Company
Energy Business Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 7, 2014
Good experience with great employees and low level managers.
Working at Direct Energy Marketing
Sr. Accountant (contract) (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJAugust 6, 2014
DE is a great place to work.

I am working as a contractor.

Management has open door policy and are very amiable.

Management takes effort to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

The co-workers are great and very helpful.

The culture at DE is very positive and everyone is supportive of each other.

Great Culture I would love to be part of.
Great for Experience.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment, good management, great business experience and great work;life balance.
Cons: commission only.
Direct Energy is great at what they do. For me, I saw first hand how influential I am in sales. Unfortunately it's strictly commission based thus being imbalanced in providing a steady income.
Fun Workplace
CSR trainer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work if you don't mind change due to the center only being 5 years old there were many changes
They REALLY take care of you!
Key Accounts Pricing Analyst/ Account Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: culture, freedom, advancement opportunities
Cons: expensive downtown parking
Direct Energy REALLY takes care of their employees. There are countless events and ways to be involved, engaged and happy.
Productive and challenging work place with different surprises every day.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: enjoying nice weather, meeting great people, making good money, can always pick up hours
Cons: no benefits, walking in cold weather
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting and greeting all different kinds of people. Your income at this job is solely based off your sales, so that was probably the hardest part of the job. No sales means no income. Management is very easy to talk to and understanding.
Fun atmosphere, but not what I expected for a job
Sales/Customer Representative (Former Employee), Parma, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: traveling, fun atmosphere
Cons: commisson based
The company has grown, but not my ideal job. Not enough support with training and making sure their employees understand.
Daily reporting and heavy work load
Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
daily reports and fast pace environment. continuous on the job improvement with multiples MA.
Very busy place!
Sr. Payroll Specialist/Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
I had a lot of fun, worked very hard, learned a lot o new things.
In General
Appointment Tracking Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 21, 2014
Pros: bonuses after saving 40+ calls w/in the week
Cons: i would prefer a 4/10s shift monday-thursday
Normal 8 hour shifts include but not limited to OB call saves for dropped/abandoned calls from Inbound agents, email leads (booking/general customer concerns), DEPP/membership enrollments and scheduling of regular maintenance/repair(s), Sales (New units {HVAC} or Water heaters), floor support during call over flow. When/if system is to go down agents – more... obtain clients information and submit into a manual Que in which I call clients back to book or verify booked appointment. It isn't that the job is difficult nor harder then any average position only because from how i look at any position I fill "you applied for if so maintain a work ethic and mind set to keep the position and move up in skill." – less
Typical Day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: money, own space
Cons: unprofessional
It was very fast paced. The breaks were 30 to 1hr then another 15min break. Just make calls to people in the Illinois area.
Great Culture and great people
Sr. Telesales Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: wnated me to re-locate to houston
Direct Energy is a great place to work. The people that work for me are top notch and have great attitudes. They make it a joy to come into work everyday.
Laid back company
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 6, 2014
Good balance of work and life.
Hours are flexible
Good incentives
Benefits are good
Employee oriented and very flexible
Sales Operations Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility, development areas are wide.
Cons: it needs a little bit more organization
There is no specific time to start working, but as long as your duties and responsibilities are covered then management is usually OK with that. This company is a place for people that are willing to take the initiative to accomplish something.
Great Place to work!
Executive Assistant to CIO (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: great place to work as a company
Cons: work life balace was sometimes not an option
Gowing environment and great place to work. I enjoyed the environment.
Helping customers to set up electricity
Marketing (Former Employee), tempe, azApril 26, 2014
Being that the east coast and Texas are de regulated with electricity it was our job to set up customers with electricity and help with anything they needed regarding electricity. Direct Energy was a very fun fulfilling place to work and always was able to get help when it was needed from management. I learned alot about customer satisfaction and how – more... electricity works. It was an utmost experience and I loved it. – less
Great place to work.
Real-Time Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2014
Everyone I worked with was great, but the upper levels of management couldn't decide whether to hire more people or eliminate my department altogether.
Great to plan your day and week for productivity purposes
Retail Field Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, ArlingtonApril 22, 2014
A lot of time driving from place to place. Ready to always be in a training mode with the people I met. Always understanding the place
the other side came from with customer problems.
Crucial to make time management and fulfill the plans for the day.
The elements were the hardest part. Hot, rain or very cold.
Always in touch with people and their needs.

About Direct Energy

Direct Energy is a leading supplier of Electricity and Natural Gas Products. Find out what fixed, variable, and pay-as-you-go – Read more