Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Good Place to Be
Internal Audit Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: learning potential
Cons: location of office
Excellent learning potential. Professional people. Growing exponentially
interestig
Residential Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 7, 2014
I loved it, great people friendly faces. good pay. I enjoyed my time there and customers
Pricing Analyst Review
National Accounts Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2014
Pros: casual work eviromment
Cons: lack of communication throughout the company
I work with the National/Key Accounts team which are the largest and most complex customers we have at the company. We working directly with the sales reps as well as their sales' support team. We request and validate usage for the utilities for both the power and gas markets.
door to door
Salesman (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2014
door to door sales. Not enough money and not a product anyone wants to listen to.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 150 East 52nd St., NY, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: company left the ny market
Interesting position. Met a lot a great people some who I worked for, some who were on my level.
overall great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Ennis, TXFebruary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working with others... and I loved making people happy...including myself
HR (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 5, 2014
A lot of change, but a great company culture. If you stick with it (and you're willing to relocate) you can build a great career there.
Excellent contract, ended too soon!
Systems Administrator, Active Directory / Exchange (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great location, included parking, modern office
Cons: disconnected upper management
I enjoyed working for Direct Energy on a contract basis (through Keen Consulting). The job was great, the pay was pretty good, and I enjoyed my team and my direct management. Unfortunately, the contract was set to expire at the end of the year, and despite the fact that immediate management wanted to keep my colleague and I, upper management bungles – more... allowed the contracts to expire. It is possible that we will return, but that remains to be seen. – less
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: lots of contests and fun people
Cons: short lunches
No pressure environment with a lot of variety talking to a wide range of people in North America on a variety of problems
Great place to work!!
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Direct Energy the people and atmosphere was awesome
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: work life balance is phenomenal
Cons: high overturn
• Work directly with Senior Vice President & General Manager of US Commercial Team and the Chief Sales Officer for Direct Energy Residential in a fast paced and detail oriented atmosphere.
• Heavy calendar management for both Executives including extensive travel arrangements weekly.
• Handle highly confidential files and information while maintaining – more... complete discretion.
• Prepare and manage expense reports including those of senior level direct reports.
• Coordinate floor moves for Commercial and Sales Team.
• Prepare and process Purchase Orders for Commercial and Sales teams, including cost reporting and consumption.
• Maintain working Organizational Charts for both teams.
• Prioritize time sensitive requests and ensure deadlines are met.
• President’s Club Annual Trip Coordinator – all facets.
• Liaison to Human Resources, handling all onboarding of new employees. – less
productive and fun place
Customer Service / Back office specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2014
I learned a lot about the energy business, I got a lot of trainning related collections, multi-dwelling accounts, phone etiquette, I grew a lot profesionally during my time at Direct Energy.
customer service
Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great- co-workers and meeting customers
Cons: company closed down
door to door sales consaltant. customer Service skills. management was a lil unorganized. co-workers where fun and out going. hardest part was walking around all day. meeting customers and working with my team
Stressful
Pro Staff (Former Employee), Ennis, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: wifi area in lunch room
Cons: short time on resolution calls
answering incoming calls back to back. Management was unsupportive, The whole process was stressful and confusing.
A day in the field
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Redford, MIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: time with family
A typical day in the field consisted of alot of walking. I did alot of door to door sales. I would document streets, addresses, and customers names. I also documented the amount of deals I did per day. I made constant phone calls all day to get customers bills situated. I assisted customers in the area of wayne and washtenaw counties.
This job was a good place to work
Pro Staff (Former Employee), Ennis, TXDecember 2, 2013
The hardest part of the job was all the noise in the room. The company isnt there anymore
Direct energy
Sale Representative (Former Employee), edison njDecember 1, 2013
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: gettting turned down/ on commission
Your position in the company really depends on you. you really have to have the drive to do thiskind of job
Competitive position with great pay!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 27, 2013
Cons: deregulation was new and was not available in virginia where i attended school.
Direct Energy was a wonderful job to open my eyes entering the business world. I previously had my sights set in Pre-Med education until I received this job. The fast paced work with the pressure to close the sale made me realize the thrill I need to pursue for my career. The upbeat environment they provided not only gave a great feel for the company – more... and the product we were representing but it also gave a fantastic vibe in doing your best not just to make the sale but for advancement within the company! – less
Beautiful Work Environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 26, 2013
The part I liked the most about the job is I had a chance to meet new friend from upper management on down in which we still keep in contact with one another.
N/A
Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Great people, laid back environment. People were extremely helpful.

About Direct Energy

Direct Energy is a leading supplier of Electricity and Natural Gas Products. Find out what fixed, variable, and pay-as-you-go – Read more