Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Very good safety enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edson area16 October 2015
Interesting work with good working relationship, working with a strong team and use of new ideas and product to achieve success
Fun and productive company environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2015
It was a great company to work at. They have been really helpful when i first started to assist me with fitting into the company.
Overrall Nice Place to Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove, IL13 September 2015
Handlings 35+ calls daily in a high volumed call center, maintaing a call score of 92% or better monthly, & ensuring that customers are satified with what our company offers.
Supportive and friendly work environment
G2 Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2015
Great location to work. Amazing management and very flexible workload. Training constantly provided. Would recumbent to anyone in the trade if they are willing to get dirty and work in high pressure enviornment
Pros
Opportunity for high income
Cons
Rushed Enviornment
DE is a good place to work.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 September 2015
DE is a good place to work.
Co-workers are great and helpful.
Projects require coordination with multi location offices and third party integrators and clients.
N/a
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 August 2015
Provided schedules, forecast and reports for the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 800 employees. This includes identifying short, medium and long term capacity planning for internal staff, and contractors, and proactively identifying solutions when resources do not match demand. Monitor reports on current and future capacity.
Direct Energy was a very good at allowing employees to participate in projects and encouraging to take courses to improve their knowledge
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2015
supervised team of eight (three in Canada and five in India)
I learned a considerable amount of the workings of the energy industry
reviewed entries
ran daily payment run cheque, EFT, ACH, wire
completed monthly reports
liaised with auditors both internal and external
resolved all issues with both internal and external vendors/customers
part of several large projects, (changing systems to SAP, changing banking services)
OK place to work for
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2015
Every one I worked with was pretty cool and knew there stuff. Im sill in touch with some of my old coworkers too. Management was so-so but still ok to work with.
Pros
My staff was qualified
Cons
Management is aloof, but workable
Not somewhere for long term
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 June 2015
Personally, handling the management at this establishment was something I would never do again. Though I had so many great coworkers, we all had the same thing in common, the job was not fun and the managers didn't care about you at all.
We all know that call centres are hard to work in, and it probably wouldn't have been so bad if the managers had taken time to actually listen and direct us when we had trouble.
I would say the main thing I enjoyed is that it was an easy job minus the occasional jerk on the phone and the bad management. Sales were easy enough to come by if the person actually needed the services, and if you didn't push them, but all the management wanted you to do was push sales.
I get it, make money, but no I'm not going to pitch to a woman who just lost her husband or someone with a disability or language who doesn't understand what they're agreeing to.
I'm sorry if you enjoy your position or are looking to work here, but if your lucky, you might have good managers, but most likely, you will have the same type of experience.
Cramped, dirty and dark work place
APAC Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 May 2015
The cubicles were ripped apart, headsets we're stolen from employees, but the pay was wonderful! only left because of bugs.
Pros
Hourly pay + commission
Cons
Long shifts, unsanitary working condition
understaffed
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 April 2015
stressful, no lunch under staffed. Company now in Texas. Staff was not that personable. Manager change caused more stress. New Manager was not qualified.
Okay work place
Personal EA to President, CEO/Chairman & COO (Former Employee) –  Yonge/Sheppard8 April 2015
Calendar management, reply to e-mail and correspondence (self & bosses), Event Management Board meeting Prep, complex travel bookings, hotel, agendas, meeting prep. edit, proof read and comply presentations,

Personal work - book travel for family, pay bills etc.
Pros
Amazing boss to work for
Cons
good place to work at and get experiance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  hamilton, on23 March 2015
arrive early and got through all the emails and all the updates for the day.

while co workers slowly arrive try to catch up with them and see how they are doing any new thoughts.

and start working see how many new complains do investigation on the file see what can be offered to the customer and what needs to be done who needs to be contacted and if any tech needs to go back-out.

call the customer after 9am offer your promo and apologizes for any issues it caused and tell them what I will do for them and offer them.

follow up with them few days later make sure everything went well and customer is happy.

\
the hardest is when you really try and do everything you can in your power and the customer is still not happy and starts screaming and yelling and swearing at you, but that's life and you are still nice and friendly to them.
Actual Working For Protocol on behalf of Direct Energy
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton9 March 2015
Protocol is literally highschool with people of all ages - mostly early 20's. They are more about the social environment there than there work. As for the Managers they are completely unqualified for their jobs and achieved them by being the best out of a terribly trained bunch of individuals. If you would like to work at a place that makes sense, do not work here.
Profesional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 February 2015
A very busy day and multitask is required to do your job to the best of you ability. I learned to use the companies system and my co-workers make me feel like a family. I enjoyed this job because I did not need supervision as I was well trained.
helper
instaler (Current Employee) –  oshawa29 December 2014
helper for furnace instals and water heaters, instal the venting , some electric work, gas pipping, talk too customers and ask if they are OK with some of the places that venting could be available
Great team morale
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, On20 November 2014
Excited to advance in the company as growth and success are constantly promoted.
Good
Team Leader/Call Center Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 October 2014
Good working environment
Excellent benefits
Good company to work for
Good Training
Good place to work in and learn new things.
Internal Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2014
The company is part of the Centrica Group, one of the largest energy companies in the world. The work environment encourages creativity and originality. Good systems compliment.
A challenged but "can learn a lot" job
Chief Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 July 2014
A typical day at work:
we will drop in designated customers by daily customer list. Usually, we will have to visit at least 40 customer located in different location in the same municipality. To do customer's retention or enroll new cutomers.
What I learned
Interpersonal skill, patince to listen, positioning product, convincing customer, fast spotting location, mapping, safe driving and delivering skill, job-related knowledge, paper work, etc
including mapping for team member, customer-related documents organization, mentor and inspire entry level sale representative, control cost for daily work and road trip , monitor and struggle for sales target, etc
My co-worker
When we start daily work, we usually work independently, after a daily work, we will share our experince in dealing with different customers and different incidences etc. We also will encourage each other to achieve our monthly goal
The hardest part of the job
Is to explain our selling product's shortage.
The most enjoyable part of the job
is to make new friends and knowing different municipality every day.
Pros
commission based
Cons
no limit for the income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.