Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

met many new friends
APAC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
answered incoming calls from customers and was able to gain valuable insight about the different programs that this business has to offer
Okay work place
Personal EA to President, CEO/Chairman & COO (Former Employee) –  Yonge/SheppardApril 8, 2015
Calendar management, reply to e-mail and correspondence (self & bosses), Event Management Board meeting Prep, complex travel bookings, hotel, agendas, meeting prep. edit, proof read and comply presentations,

Personal work - book travel for family, pay bills etc.
Pros
Amazing boss to work for
Great Place to work - Direct Energy
Contract Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
The staff, contractor's and leadership were a pleasure to work with.

My typical work day was managing the finances and reporting on DE's largest capital project ever undertaken.

I worked closely with a team primarily out of the Houston office. When I started my role was to gather project costs from 4 different companies and several different cost centres and set up the project under one business unit, create the budget and forecasting models, work closely with the PM to design the monthly reporting package.

The role developed into ensuring milestone schedules and payments were cleared for payment, working closely with purchasing setting up and managing purchase orders, staffing and contractor costs and ensuring costs were properly managed.

A large part of the role was ensuring all monthly accruals were accounted for, drawn up by me, posted and monthly and inception to date variances explained.

Finally there was project close out and capitalization. The entire team had moved on, leaving me to work with fixed assets and management ensuring capitalization was successful.

Hardest part was the gathering of costs into one company as it was up to me alone to locate and ensure all costs were accounted for.

Cow-workers were fabulous to work with, had excellent rapport and were very supportive.

Most enjoyable part of the role was training and mentoring financial analysts from the Houston office, seeing them learn and grow. Project close out was also a great yet rewarding experience.

I learned my experience with multiple personalties proved invaluable, particularly
  more... working the the PM and having to train basic project accounting and various listening and communication styles to more junior people.  less
Pros
People
Cons
Project team turnover
N/A
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 31, 2015
Provided schedules, forecast and reports for the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 800 employees. This includes identifying short, medium and long term capacity planning for internal staff, and contractors, and proactively identifying solutions when resources do not match demand. Monitor reports on current and future capacity.
Very good safety enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edson areaOctober 16, 2015
Interesting work with good working relationship, working with a strong team and use of new ideas and product to achieve success
Fun and productive company environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2015
It was a great company to work at. They have been really helpful when i first started to assist me with fitting into the company.
Overrall Nice Place to Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Handlings 35+ calls daily in a high volumed call center, maintaing a call score of 92% or better monthly, & ensuring that customers are satified with what our company offers.
good place to work at and get experiance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
arrive early and got through all the emails and all the updates for the day.

while co workers slowly arrive try to catch up with them and see how they are doing any new thoughts.

and start working see how many new complains do investigation on the file see what can be offered to the customer and what needs to be done who needs to be contacted and if any tech needs to go back-out.

call the customer after 9am offer your promo and apologizes for any issues it caused and tell them what I will do for them and offer them.

follow up with them few days later make sure everything went well and customer is happy.

\
the hardest is when you really try and do everything you can in your power and the customer is still not happy and starts screaming and yelling and swearing at you, but that's life and you are still nice and friendly to them.
DE is a good place to work.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 10, 2015
DE is a good place to work.
Co-workers are great and helpful.
Projects require coordination with multi location offices and third party integrators and clients.
OK place to work for
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
Every one I worked with was pretty cool and knew there stuff. Im sill in touch with some of my old coworkers too. Management was so-so but still ok to work with.
Pros
My staff was qualified
Cons
Management is aloof, but workable
great place, if you want to work all the time and ignore your family.
Energy Management Consultant (resi HVAC Sales) (Former Employee) –  OttawaJanuary 22, 2013
Very demanding, greedy company. Even record sales figures were not good enough. Lying, conniving management, that would back stab to save their own skin. The only thing that matters to DE is the bottom line. Honesty, employee relations/ value, even customer satisfaction is secondary.
Pros
occasional free lunch, some decent co-workers
Cons
long hours, misguided management, lack of respect
Actual Working For Protocol on behalf of Direct Energy
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 9, 2015
Protocol is literally highschool with people of all ages - mostly early 20's. They are more about the social environment there than there work. As for the Managers they are completely unqualified for their jobs and achieved them by being the best out of a terribly trained bunch of individuals. If you would like to work at a place that makes sense, do not work here.
A challenged but "can learn a lot" job
Chief Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 14, 2014
A typical day at work:
we will drop in designated customers by daily customer list. Usually, we will have to visit at least 40 customer located in different location in the same municipality. To do customer's retention or enroll new cutomers.
What I learned
Interpersonal skill, patince to listen, positioning product, convincing customer, fast spotting location, mapping, safe driving and delivering skill, job-related knowledge, paper work, etc
including mapping for team member, customer-related documents organization, mentor and inspire entry level sale representative, control cost for daily work and road trip , monitor and struggle for sales target, etc
My co-worker
When we start daily work, we usually work independently, after a daily work, we will share our experince in dealing with different customers and different incidences etc. We also will encourage each other to achieve our monthly goal
The hardest part of the job
Is to explain our selling product's shortage.
The most enjoyable part of the job
is to make new friends and knowing different municipality every day.
Pros
commission based
Cons
no limit for the income
Cramped, dirty and dark work place
APAC Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2015
The cubicles were ripped apart, headsets we're stolen from employees, but the pay was wonderful! only left because of bugs.
Pros
Hourly pay + commission
Cons
Long shifts, unsanitary working condition
virtual call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 2, 2014
This was a great work from home job, that I enjoyed alot for awhile. This is where I started to learn more about using computers. I met ( virtually) lots of nice people. The company changed its pay structure towards the end which paid less than what I had been earning. It was at this time that I did not renew my contract.
Pros
pick own schedule, work from home, earning potential
Cons
job security, lack of personal contact
great place to work most of the time
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  York, ONMay 30, 2012
it was ok i think door to door is not for me but i got to see alot of new places that i might not have see if not for this job a new place every day
Pros
free lunches or supper
Cons
A fun place to work and with excellent people and balancing work and personal life
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  North YorkFebruary 28, 2013
Administration of payroll full cycle for about 900+ employees using Ceridian HPL
System administrator for Time Solution
submission of sales tax returns
Very friendly environment
Understanding higher management
Opportunities of learning system by in-house training team
Subsidized gym membership and parking
• Design, develop, implement and maintain software test cases and test plans to evaluate software functionality, performance and defects;
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2012
• Perform requirements analysis to develop or modify moderately complex software applications. Document to standards the functional requirements, use cases and any other requirements
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
poor management
understaffed
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 27, 2015
stressful, no lunch under staffed. Company now in Texas. Staff was not that personable. Manager change caused more stress. New Manager was not qualified.
it a tough job as you have to go door to door
Customer sales representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2014
go in terms of gaining sales experience, makes you tough and improves marketing skills.
Pros
free lunch