Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job.
Manager HSE for all of Canada operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
People are fun to work with.
Hardest part of my job was trying to play catch-up on paperwork.
Learnt a lot about management systems.
Meeting people form different areas of the business.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work piled up when you return
Great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 August 2016
Fantastic company, nice to work, excellent environment, nice learning opportunities, the hardest part of this job is that it is on commison basis, most enjoyable part of this job is door to door sales.
Sales and customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
It was a great place to work at. I found it a great pleasure and dealing with different type of people was rewarding. If would be my pleasure to work there again.
not good
Technical support (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC31 October 2016
it was a bad experience wife was pregnant and i got laid off one month before the baby was born which was a bummer but life moves on and i got a better job
Great company
Accounts Receivable/Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2016
Direct Energy, it's an excellent company.

Unfortunately my department was moved to the US, and I got lay off.

Have a great experience all these years and learn a lot.
long
Helper/Installer. (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2016
The job wasn't that good with pay, and or hours. The amount of work you got wasn't a lot and it was too demanding, they worked you like dogs and expected too much.
Great
install (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2016
Was able to climb the latter as long as i showed hard work and dedication. Managed to finish my jobs fast and get off work earlier.
Challenging & productive Great Team
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst- Full time (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta26 February 2016
Organized, very busy, great Team Work & enjoyable, Co-workers terrific & helpful management average, Challenging.

Company constantly creating new chALLENGES (EX) Born Losers challenge- give ideas to help company in the future. Water challenge - health & body.
Pros
different challenges
Cons
new system, sometime not user friendly
I had to pursued Ontario's residence to vote for the Liberals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2016
I call home owners from across Ontario and told why they should vote for the Liberals party. I work from 8 hours a 7 days a week.
Pros
I spoke with some really nice people.
Cons
I spoke with some really mean people
high energy,great management, amazing encounter
Crew manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2016
a typical day is an office full of about 20-30 body's all wanting the same thing to live there dream. during my time with the company iv learned how to be a better sales rep, better manager. hards part of any sales reps day is getting (No's) as i tell my guys its a numbers game and behind all the (No's) you will find the (YES).
the most enjoyable part of my day is helping or to hear that one of my guys closed a deal.
Pros
high income
Door to door sales
Sales Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2016
A typical day consisted of morning meetings. We would than head out to a designated area where we would offer our services to potential customers in that area.

I learned to keep things from becoming personal. Some people do not like door to door persons so they would slam doors in my face. However; I would not allow this to affect my mood and proceeded to the next home.

My management team was very happy with my sales that were very consistent, I was given my own company van and a team of 10 trainees to supervise, motivate and make sure they were able to hit their daily quotas.

Then hardest part of my job was motivating my team to keep up their smiles and high spirits when it was very cold outside.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to train my team and be able to consider them my friends. The respect they had for me was amazing and inspired me to be better.
Pros
Short hours when quota was met
Cons
Cold Weather
Work Environment was good.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 March 2016
The office environment was good. Only draw-back was that the Operations manager was never there. Was hired on contract and contract was never renewed.
Excellent fun place to work
Snr. Program Manager (Security & Infrastructure) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Amazing Team work, Management folks are friendly, knowledgeable and respectful.

If I'll get an opportunity, I will provide my Services again.
Direct Energy was a very good at allowing employees to participate in projects and encouraging to take courses to improve their knowledge
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2015
supervised team of eight (three in Canada and five in India)
I learned a considerable amount of the workings of the energy industry
reviewed entries
ran daily payment run cheque, EFT, ACH, wire
completed monthly reports
liaised with auditors both internal and external
resolved all issues with both internal and external vendors/customers
part of several large projects, (changing systems to SAP, changing banking services)
N/A
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 August 2015
Provided schedules, forecast and reports for the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 800 employees. This includes identifying short, medium and long term capacity planning for internal staff, and contractors, and proactively identifying solutions when resources do not match demand. Monitor reports on current and future capacity.
Supportive and friendly work environment
G2 Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2015
Great location to work. Amazing management and very flexible workload. Training constantly provided. Would recumbent to anyone in the trade if they are willing to get dirty and work in high pressure enviornment
Pros
Opportunity for high income
Cons
Rushed Enviornment
met many new friends
APAC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2015
answered incoming calls from customers and was able to gain valuable insight about the different programs that this business has to offer
Actual Working For Protocol on behalf of Direct Energy
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton9 March 2015
Protocol is literally highschool with people of all ages - mostly early 20's. They are more about the social environment there than there work. As for the Managers they are completely unqualified for their jobs and achieved them by being the best out of a terribly trained bunch of individuals. If you would like to work at a place that makes sense, do not work here.
Very good safety enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edson area16 October 2015
Interesting work with good working relationship, working with a strong team and use of new ideas and product to achieve success
Overrall Nice Place to Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove, IL13 September 2015
Handlings 35+ calls daily in a high volumed call center, maintaing a call score of 92% or better monthly, & ensuring that customers are satified with what our company offers.