Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Door to door sales
Sales Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day consisted of morning meetings. We would than head out to a designated area where we would offer our services to potential customers in that area.

I learned to keep things from becoming personal. Some people do not like door to door persons so they would slam doors in my face. However; I would not allow this to affect my mood and proceeded to the next home.

My management team was very happy with my sales that were very consistent, I was given my own company van and a team of 10 trainees to supervise, motivate and make sure they were able to hit their daily quotas.

Then hardest part of my job was motivating my team to keep up their smiles and high spirits when it was very cold outside.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to train my team and be able to consider them my friends. The respect they had for me was amazing and inspired me to be better.
Pros
Short hours when quota was met
Cons
Cold Weather
high energy,great management, amazing encounter
Crew manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
a typical day is an office full of about 20-30 body's all wanting the same thing to live there dream. during my time with the company iv learned how to be a better sales rep, better manager. hards part of any sales reps day is getting (No's) as i tell my guys its a numbers game and behind all the (No's) you will find the (YES).
the most enjoyable part of my day is helping or to hear that one of my guys closed a deal.
Pros
high income
Great Place to work - Direct Energy
Contract Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
The staff, contractor's and leadership were a pleasure to work with.

My typical work day was managing the finances and reporting on DE's largest capital project ever undertaken.

I worked closely with a team primarily out of the Houston office. When I started my role was to gather project costs from 4 different companies and several different cost centres and set up the project under one business unit, create the budget and forecasting models, work closely with the PM to design the monthly reporting package.

The role developed into ensuring milestone schedules and payments were cleared for payment, working closely with purchasing setting up and managing purchase orders, staffing and contractor costs and ensuring costs were properly managed.

A large part of the role was ensuring all monthly accruals were accounted for, drawn up by me, posted and monthly and inception to date variances explained.

Finally there was project close out and capitalization. The entire team had moved on, leaving me to work with fixed assets and management ensuring capitalization was successful.

Hardest part was the gathering of costs into one company as it was up to me alone to locate and ensure all costs were accounted for.

Cow-workers were fabulous to work with, had excellent rapport and were very supportive.

Most enjoyable part of the role was training and mentoring financial analysts from the Houston office, seeing them learn and grow. Project close out was also a great yet rewarding experience.

I learned my experience with multiple personalties proved invaluable, particularly
  more... working the the PM and having to train basic project accounting and various listening and communication styles to more junior people.  less
Pros
People
Cons
Project team turnover
met many new friends
APAC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
answered incoming calls from customers and was able to gain valuable insight about the different programs that this business has to offer
Very good safety enviroment
Drilling Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edson areaOctober 16, 2015
Interesting work with good working relationship, working with a strong team and use of new ideas and product to achieve success
Fun and productive company environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2015
It was a great company to work at. They have been really helpful when i first started to assist me with fitting into the company.
Overrall Nice Place to Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Handlings 35+ calls daily in a high volumed call center, maintaing a call score of 92% or better monthly, & ensuring that customers are satified with what our company offers.
Supportive and friendly work environment
G2 Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Great location to work. Amazing management and very flexible workload. Training constantly provided. Would recumbent to anyone in the trade if they are willing to get dirty and work in high pressure enviornment
Pros
Opportunity for high income
Cons
Rushed Enviornment
DE is a good place to work.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 10, 2015
DE is a good place to work.
Co-workers are great and helpful.
Projects require coordination with multi location offices and third party integrators and clients.
N/A
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 31, 2015
Provided schedules, forecast and reports for the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 800 employees. This includes identifying short, medium and long term capacity planning for internal staff, and contractors, and proactively identifying solutions when resources do not match demand. Monitor reports on current and future capacity.
Direct Energy was a very good at allowing employees to participate in projects and encouraging to take courses to improve their knowledge
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2015
supervised team of eight (three in Canada and five in India)
I learned a considerable amount of the workings of the energy industry
reviewed entries
ran daily payment run cheque, EFT, ACH, wire
completed monthly reports
liaised with auditors both internal and external
resolved all issues with both internal and external vendors/customers
part of several large projects, (changing systems to SAP, changing banking services)
OK place to work for
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
Every one I worked with was pretty cool and knew there stuff. Im sill in touch with some of my old coworkers too. Management was so-so but still ok to work with.
Pros
My staff was qualified
Cons
Management is aloof, but workable
Not somewhere for long term
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 8, 2015
Personally, handling the management at this establishment was something I would never do again. Though I had so many great coworkers, we all had the same thing in common, the job was not fun and the managers didn't care about you at all.
We all know that call centres are hard to work in, and it probably wouldn't have been so bad if the managers had taken time to actually listen and direct us when we had trouble.
I would say the main thing I enjoyed is that it was an easy job minus the occasional jerk on the phone and the bad management. Sales were easy enough to come by if the person actually needed the services, and if you didn't push them, but all the management wanted you to do was push sales.
I get it, make money, but no I'm not going to pitch to a woman who just lost her husband or someone with a disability or language who doesn't understand what they're agreeing to.
I'm sorry if you enjoy your position or are looking to work here, but if your lucky, you might have good managers, but most likely, you will have the same type of experience.
Cramped, dirty and dark work place
APAC Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2015
The cubicles were ripped apart, headsets we're stolen from employees, but the pay was wonderful! only left because of bugs.
Pros
Hourly pay + commission
Cons
Long shifts, unsanitary working condition
understaffed
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 27, 2015
stressful, no lunch under staffed. Company now in Texas. Staff was not that personable. Manager change caused more stress. New Manager was not qualified.
Okay work place
Personal EA to President, CEO/Chairman & COO (Former Employee) –  Yonge/SheppardApril 8, 2015
Calendar management, reply to e-mail and correspondence (self & bosses), Event Management Board meeting Prep, complex travel bookings, hotel, agendas, meeting prep. edit, proof read and comply presentations,

Personal work - book travel for family, pay bills etc.
Pros
Amazing boss to work for
Cons
good place to work at and get experiance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
arrive early and got through all the emails and all the updates for the day.

while co workers slowly arrive try to catch up with them and see how they are doing any new thoughts.

and start working see how many new complains do investigation on the file see what can be offered to the customer and what needs to be done who needs to be contacted and if any tech needs to go back-out.

call the customer after 9am offer your promo and apologizes for any issues it caused and tell them what I will do for them and offer them.

follow up with them few days later make sure everything went well and customer is happy.

\
the hardest is when you really try and do everything you can in your power and the customer is still not happy and starts screaming and yelling and swearing at you, but that's life and you are still nice and friendly to them.
Actual Working For Protocol on behalf of Direct Energy
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 9, 2015
Protocol is literally highschool with people of all ages - mostly early 20's. They are more about the social environment there than there work. As for the Managers they are completely unqualified for their jobs and achieved them by being the best out of a terribly trained bunch of individuals. If you would like to work at a place that makes sense, do not work here.
Profesional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 5, 2015
A very busy day and multitask is required to do your job to the best of you ability. I learned to use the companies system and my co-workers make me feel like a family. I enjoyed this job because I did not need supervision as I was well trained.
helper
instaler (Current Employee) –  oshawaDecember 29, 2014
helper for furnace instals and water heaters, instal the venting , some electric work, gas pipping, talk too customers and ask if they are OK with some of the places that venting could be available