Direct Energy

Direct Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK place to work for
Front End Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: My staff was qualified
Cons: Management is aloof, but workable
Every one I worked with was pretty cool and knew there stuff. Im sill in touch with some of my old coworkers too. Management was so-so but still ok to work with.
Not somewhere for long term
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJune 8, 2015
Personally, handling the management at this establishment was something I would never do again. Though I had so many great coworkers, we all had the same thing in common, the job was not fun and the managers didn't care about you at all.
We all know that call centres are hard to work in, and it probably wouldn't have been so bad if the managers had taken time to actually listen and direct us when we had trouble.
I would say the main thing I enjoyed is that it was an easy job minus the occasional jerk on the phone and the bad management. Sales were easy enough to come by if the person actually needed the services, and if you didn't push them, but all the management wanted you to do was push sales.
I get it, make money, but no I'm not going to pitch to a woman who just lost her husband or someone with a disability or language who doesn't understand what they're agreeing to.
I'm sorry if you enjoy your position or are looking to work here, but if your lucky, you might have good managers, but most likely, you will have the same type of experience.
Cramped, dirty and dark work place
APAC Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Hourly pay + commission
Cons: Long shifts, unsanitary working condition
The cubicles were ripped apart, headsets we're stolen from employees, but the pay was wonderful! only left because of bugs.
understaffed
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 27, 2015
stressful, no lunch under staffed. Company now in Texas. Staff was not that personable. Manager change caused more stress. New Manager was not qualified.
Okay work place
Personal EA to President, CEO/Chairman & COO (Former Employee), Yonge/SheppardApril 8, 2015
Pros: Amazing boss to work for
Cons: long hours
Calendar management, reply to e-mail and correspondence (self & bosses), Event Management Board meeting Prep, complex travel bookings, hotel, agendas, meeting prep. edit, proof read and comply presentations,

Personal work - book travel for family, pay bills etc.
good place to work at and get experiance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee), hamilton, onMarch 23, 2015
arrive early and got through all the emails and all the updates for the day.

while co workers slowly arrive try to catch up with them and see how they are doing any new thoughts.

and start working see how many new complains do investigation on the file see what can be offered to the customer and what needs to be done who needs to be contacted and if any tech needs to go back-out.

call the customer after 9am offer your promo and apologizes for any issues it caused and tell them what I will do for them and offer them.

follow up with them few days later make sure everything went well and customer is happy.

\
the hardest is when you really try and do everything you can in your power and the customer is still not happy and starts screaming and yelling and swearing at you, but that's life and you are still nice and friendly to them.
Actual Working For Protocol on behalf of Direct Energy
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), HamiltonMarch 9, 2015
Protocol is literally highschool with people of all ages - mostly early 20's. They are more about the social environment there than there work. As for the Managers they are completely unqualified for their jobs and achieved them by being the best out of a terribly trained bunch of individuals. If you would like to work at a place that makes sense, do not work here.
Profesional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 5, 2015
A very busy day and multitask is required to do your job to the best of you ability. I learned to use the companies system and my co-workers make me feel like a family. I enjoyed this job because I did not need supervision as I was well trained.
helper
instaler (Current Employee), oshawaDecember 29, 2014
helper for furnace instals and water heaters, instal the venting , some electric work, gas pipping, talk too customers and ask if they are OK with some of the places that venting could be available
Great team morale
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, OnNovember 20, 2014
Excited to advance in the company as growth and success are constantly promoted.
GOOD
Team Leader/Call Center Planning Analyst (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 20, 2014
Good working environment
Excellent benefits
Good company to work for
Good Training
Good place to work in and learn new things.
Internal Control Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2014
The company is part of the Centrica Group, one of the largest energy companies in the world. The work environment encourages creativity and originality. Good systems compliment.
A challenged but "can learn a lot" job
Chief Sales Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: commission based
Cons: no limit for the income
A typical day at work:
we will drop in designated customers by daily customer list. Usually, we will have to visit at least 40 customer located in different location in the same municipality. To do customer's retention or enroll new cutomers.
What I learned
Interpersonal skill, patince to listen, positioning product, convincing customer, fast spotting location, mapping, safe driving and delivering skill, job-related knowledge, paper work, etc
including mapping for team member, customer-related documents organization, mentor and inspire entry level sale representative, control cost for daily work and road trip , monitor and struggle for sales target, etc
My co-worker
When we start daily work, we usually work independently, after a daily work, we will share our experince in dealing with different customers and different incidences etc. We also will encourage each other to achieve our monthly goal
The hardest part of the job
Is to explain our selling product's shortage.
The most enjoyable part of the job
is to make new friends and knowing different municipality every day.
It is a good company to work with. My supervisor gave me a lot of help to let me know the real trade.
Work Term (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJuly 8, 2014
I worked with my supervisor everyday in that month. We took phone calls and serviced. although it was really busy, i still love it. I learnt plenty of knowledge that i couldn't get from classroom. I feel i am ready to get into this trade now.
Planner\Billing Department (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: stress
Direct energy pays very well and is an exceptional company.
it a tough job as you have to go door to door
Customer sales representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
go in terms of gaining sales experience, makes you tough and improves marketing skills.
it was ok at times but alot of pressure
work experience (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 9, 2014
just driving people from airport to their homes and homes to airport
virtual call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 2, 2014
Pros: pick own schedule, work from home, earning potential
Cons: job security, lack of personal contact
This was a great work from home job, that I enjoyed alot for awhile. This is where I started to learn more about using computers. I met ( virtually) lots of nice people. The company changed its pay structure towards the end which paid less than what I had been earning. It was at this time that I did not renew my contract.
Reactive, tactical and operationally short-term focused organization
Director, Customer Relationship Management (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good work environment, good team oriented attitude, good company benefits
Cons: constant cyclical and ineffective change, lack of thought leadership, vision, and strategy, inadequate, infrequent and vague top down communications, performance evaluation program lacks adequate time investment by management
Advice to Management:
Listen to your customers - they pay your salaries
Listen to your employees - they service and support your customers
Invest in fact-based insights, analytics and research
Leverage fact-based insights to make informed business decisions
Be more forthcoming, transparent and timely with top down communications
Productive work place with table tennis, coffee
Purchasing Manager/Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: global exposure
Cons: no cons
A typical working day starts at 4:00 am, coffee, prepare for the day, then gone before 6:30. During my drive to work, I plan the order of my requirements to be completed. I have been known to stay until the midnight hour to ensure all customers expectations are met. Dedicated, hard working, my door always open. All is achievable, with the right attitude, and the right people.

1 2 3

About Direct Energy

Direct Energy is a leading supplier of Electricity and Natural Gas Products. Find out what fixed, variable, and pay-as-you-go – Read more