Direct Energy Employee Reviews

Largest contractor in Ontario at the time
Technical Trainer (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 December 2017
Work in presenting Health and Safety and technical training to unionized workforce. Training included all HVAC products, furnaces, boilers, water heaters, fireplaces, humidifiers, electrical wiring, installation & troubleshooting all equipment.
Great environment to work in
Production and Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
I enjoyed my time there, the staff and my peers were fantastic to work with. Felt different in oil and gas coming from a non drilling company but we all made it work and had a great time doing it.
Many promises
Alberta - Small Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
Selling electricity and gas plans to small business in the the NW part of Edmonton.

Basically a good system however it was a new concept and many potential customers had a reluctance to buy on. The company also carried some baggage from unethical business practices in another province.

Freedom to work your own territory and hours.
Pros
Freedom to work your territory
Cons
Low pay and remuneration.
Friendly environment, close to metro station
Agent de centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
The thing I appreciated the most is that the majority of the customers were anglophones. I'm fluent in french but i'm more comfortable in english. My department closed so i was fired.
Probably avoid
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2017
Not bad pay to begin, but things have crumbled away. Relentless on-call work, would be a good job for a young single person with ambitions to learn a trade. Good job if you can sell things.
Pros
benefits, pay ok
Cons
expected to be a high pressure sales person in customers homes, little help or assistance after hours
Direct Energy is going downhill!!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
I thought that this would be a great work experience for me but it turned out to be the opposite.
The owner is nice as a normal person but greedy and cares for himself in business. I did not work long with this company because we were barely selling 3 sales a day and the way workers are being treated is awful.
Plus, I was promised by the owner in person that I will get paid in one week but after waiting for two full weeks and them not answering my calls, I sent them a letter from employment standards which showed them what I could do to get my money and then I got paid in less than 24 hours..
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Terrible management
self-employed natural gas sales independent good work environment paid on time
Broadway Winnipeg, Tele-marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
I had a good working experience with Direct Energy. I was independent sales agents worked alone and field and work with other fellow agents as well manager. Company created a great telemarketing system and telephone verification system for signing up customers at the door. The drastically improved the company from when it first started.
Good growth opportunity
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
I was working at Direct Energy on contractual role.I got exposure to work on ERP like SAP and reporting tool BI.The management was supportive and there was a good work life balance.
sales
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Direct Energy was a very good place to work, as I love dealing with clients directly, I was door to door sales, explaining to clients about
the benefits of having a fix rate services for their gas and hydro
usages.
Pros
sales
Cons
I got the expereince of sales
energy consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
All i can truly say about about this job was that it was a door to door sales that i got sucked into at a young age. I also never got payed for my work still to this day.
Excellent work environment
ANALYST, DESKTOP OPERATIONS AND PLANNING (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
flexible work hours
career advancement programs in place
excellent work ethics
excellent management with clear goals
fun work environment but at the same time very productive
It is a good place to work.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON10 September 2017
It is a great place to work with a lot focus on customers. The company gives full freedom to create your own strategies and develop plans to grow the business.
Pros
You can express your ideas
Door to Door sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Don't really remember much about doing the door to door sales, it is what it is. MY team leaders were great. The only thing I didn't like about door to door sales were the hours, you started around 11am and finished roughly by 7-8pm.
Positive work environment
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
The work I did while working for direct energy was very tiring but was overall fun and economically fulfilling. The work environment was also overall positive.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long Hours
Went Downhill fast
Helper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 July 2017
Management only cares about their bonus. If they only make their projected budget by a couple percent, expect a pay cut so they can make larger profits
Pros
Cons
Treated like dirt
Productive, friendly and fun enviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Worked as a door to door sales rep, with my main job responsibility to go door to door to different assigned neighborhoods with a team and offer potential customers, fixed price, electricity and gas plans. Mostly commissioned based where I had to meet a weekly sales target.
Prodoctive and fun place to work,
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 June 2017
Very good place iv learned a lot and educated myself a lot about selling and customer service. Clean environment and good people to be around , always welcoming and friendly .
Pros
clean envirment
Cons
angry costumers
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 May 2017
Money was good. Worked from home, supervisor was nice, system is nice, calls are incoming, flexible schedule, good supervisor help, cool computer system.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Being at home
Very open and friendly work culture
Manager, Operational Risks (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Had the best two years of my career with Direct Energy with their simple and friendly values which were highly reflective in their work culture. Direct Energy has been a progressive company with high growth track with employees-friendly environment.
Pros
Friendly, open, great salary and benefits
Cons
Reduced focus and growrth in Canada
good place to work
Customer service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
I learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with people over the phone. I learned how to create customer profiles and learned how to speak on new or existing products for the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Energy. Our community is ready to answer.