A diplomatic mission in Ottawa is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Liaison Officer in the field of academic relations. This is a full-time permanent appointment.
- PhD or Master's Degree (preferably from a Canadian university)
- One year related experience OR academic background in journalism, public relations, communications, international relations, public policy, or education
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Advanced Level of English – both verbal and written
- Professionalism, attention to detail
- Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to other cultures
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience working for a Canadian academic institution
- Knowledge of international student services at Canadian institutions
- Student advising experience
Please provide a cover letter quoting Competition #42214, with your resume, including the names of three references. Please also include a brief personal statement (one or two sentences) of your approach to increasing opportunities for international students to enroll at Canadian universities and colleges. This position will require the successful candidate to present a valid Police Information/Criminal Record Check, proof of academic credentials and two written references from previous employers.
This ad will remain active until successful candidate is found. Only applicants granted an interview will be contacted. All others are thanked for their interest.
30 days vacation, 30 sick days + 5 emergency days.
Hours of work are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.