A diplomatic mission in Ottawa is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Liaison Officer in the field of academic relations. This is a full-time permanent appointment.
- Master’s Degree from a Canadian university (Doctorate degree preferred)
- One year related experience (public relations, communications, or education)
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Strong command of English language – both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to other cultures
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience working for a Canadian academic institution
- Knowledge of international student services offered at Canadian academic institutions and current international student initiatives
- Experience advising international students
Please provide a cover letter quoting Competition #90513, with your resume, including the names of three references. Please also include a personal statement of your approach to increasing opportunities for international students to enroll at Canadian universities and colleges.
This position will require the successful candidate to present a valid Police Information/Criminal Record Check, proof of academic credentials and two written references from previous employers.
This ad will remain active until a successful candidate is found. Only applicants being granted an interview will be contacted. All others are thanked for their interest.
$3,500/month starting salary, 30 days vacation, 30 sick days + 5 emergency days.
Hours of work are 9a.m. - 4p.m., Monday – Friday.