- Passionate about food
- Hard working
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified chef to assist in running our busy clubhouse kitchen and banquet facility that often caters for a variety of events including weddings, corporate functions and golf tournaments.
This position will be responsible for menu planning, ordering, food preparation and general administration duties. This role works closely with the Food Beverage Manager & Events Coordinator to ensure food preparation and planning of special events exceeds guest expectations to provide the finest dining experience. This role is also responsible for maintaining equipment, purchasing, and administrative tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform menu planning and ordering in an effective, efficient and timely manner
- Ensure food is received, stored, handled and prepared in a hygienic and Food Safe compliant manner
- Ensure all cooks maintain a clean and safe work space at all times
- Assist in food preparation and cooking
- Provide supervision and training of kitchen staff in outlet
- Plan and develop catering events, wine dinners, special functions, etc
- Recommend and implement changes to achieve objectives, based on detailed knowledge of business unit’s capabilities
- Maintain effective communications through restaurant, department and club
- Represent Dinosaur Trail Golf & CC to suppliers, sponsors and business representatives in a professional and ethical manner
- Report on and evaluate successes and shortfalls at the end of each season
- Assist in the development of well-skilled employees to promote career advancement
- Minimum of 2 years related food preparation or culinary experience with leadership responsibilities
- FOODSAFE certificate Level 1 and 2 preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of fine food, wine and service
- Customer service and people management experience an asset
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Attention to Detail
- Conflict Resolution
- Commitment to Safety
- Effective Communication
- Industry Knowledge
Working Conditions & Occupational Requirements:
- Flexibility in hours of work may be required, including evening and weekend hours
- Periods of standing, computer work and light lifting required
- This is a full-time, core position, subject to decreased hours during shoulder seasons
Salary: To commensurate with experience.
To apply, please forward a professional resume with a covering letter, including your range for salary expectations.
Indeed - 11 months ago