Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Revenue
Head of Services (Former Employee) –  Schweiz20 February 2017
The company overall is a key actor on the market with a willingness to make a difference and to focus on clients.
The strategy is sound and global leaders are approachable and deliver a clear message.

The downside is that each country operates on its own which makes it difficult to engage with global clients leading to revenue and margin split sometimes leading client to believe each country competes against the other.
Pros
Global compony, possibility to move.
Cons
no real interest in investing in young employees to develop them
Productive hard working place.
Systems Engineer Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng23 February 2017
A typical day would start of by doing Daily Checks within the environment. Provide support where required.
I have learned new people and technology whilst being with Dimension Data.
Dimension Data management lacks involvement with there employees because of the size of the organisation.
Hardest thing to do is meet SLA each month.
The flexi working hours is a big yes in my book.
Pros
Flexi working hours.
Cons
Workload is extreme.
Workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng22 February 2017
My workplace is very good and accommodating, especially the management and the team.

It only becomes difficult when users or client are not co operating and not agreeing to company policies.

The most enjoyable part of the work is when I am busy troubleshooting on user s pc and struggling I will normally ask my colleagues to assist before I escalate to my team leader we will try harder to resolve the issue so that at the end of the call we will congratulate who ever who would have came up with the solution.

I have learned that in the IT field we share info, support each other and work together as a team.

A typical day at work will be when I get to work and find that everything is down from servers, telephones, and the network and users are not very understanding.
Growth and development
European Learning & Development Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hampshire27 December 2016
You will be pushed out of your comfort zone to realise your potential and more on a daily basis which fast-tracks your experience as a professional. A key must is building and maintaining relationships and this is what builds the team work environment.
Pros
Being challenged and given 'stretch' projects
Cons
Lack of Work-life balance
Large Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Service Delivery Platform Partnership Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2016
Large company with a global reach. Lots of technology innovations, to be carried over to managed services offered to there customer base. Because the company is so large, learning and navigating the organization can be difficult. Because the client base is so diverse, its drive the technology changes the delivers to its customer base. I get to work with people around the global, which is very exciting.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Communication is sometimes uneven given the size of the organization.
Over worked, never enough people to perform required functions of the job,
Global Support Center Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA16 February 2017
Always required to be available 7/24/365 with out compensation to match the hours worked. Work days wee very hectic being pulled into many difficult situations.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Management out of touch with the work load placed on it's employees.
Exceptional workplace
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 December 2016
When I was employed at Merchants Dimension Data , Unfortunately I was involved in car accident on my way back home .This organization has wellness program that assisted me with my injury recovery and the trauma I suffered from my accident .Exceptional company to work for .
Pros
great work culture
Cons
long hours but i just loved it
great company to work for
Senior manager for clienty delivery and team leads (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2017
Dimension Data opened so many doors for me and this is due to their wide client base as well as their wide tech vase. Its a great company with great people and I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
massive opportunities
Cons
They could do more with mentoring people a bit more.
Fun environment but lacks growth
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng12 January 2017
Get to work, manage the queue and ensure that all calls are distributed to the correct teams. I manage the Standard Bank account, where clients have logged calls incorrectly i liaise with the client and advise on how and where to log the call correctly.
Cons
Micro management
Fun Fast Paced Work Envirionment
Mobility Ordering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA25 September 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Dimension Data. I loved my team and we worked very well together. The reason I left this company is because the turnover rate in my department was a little high for my comfort. Instead of focusing on the work we had at hand, I was spending more time training new coworkers. The turnover rate was high because our department was seen as a "get your foot in the door" position so teammates were moving to a different department at the rate of one person per month.
Pros
Teammates, management
Cons
high turnover rate
Undervalued
Client Sales Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire8 February 2017
working closely with account managers to build quotes and process orders when they came in.
I learned how to use SAP.
Direct management was very poor.
Very enjoyable working environment due to colleagues.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
no holiday at month ends
International Internet Service provider
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 November 2016
As a Billing department call centre agent my duties were assisting customers with billing queries on the internet accounts. Unlocking accounts , assisting with online payments.
Pros
Free America Online Account
Cons
Night shift and working odd hours
Proffessional excellence
Service Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng16 September 2016
My team (Mercury) we pride ourselves with Professional Excellence, we put our client's at the center of everything we do. I am a dedicated tier 2 agent for Mutual & Federal but because we work as a team I learned from team and I can fully say I can help Nedbank and Old Mutual Client's when we our short staffed. My co-workers are fun to work with.
Slow to change
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Singapore21 February 2017
A clique culture within management and old boys club is what describes the management here. Have been successful in doing things the way the did it in the past but too rigid to change to customer demands today.
Pros
nice offices
Cons
management
Fun Place to Work
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, BR7 February 2017
I had a very good team and the company has a good infrastructure.
The problem was the big quantity of work and a short deadline. It was impossible to have a life and work balance.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Impossible life and work balance
CLM division was not incorporated into the DD Culture
Dirctor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA6 October 2016
The people were great, but the overall experience was somewhat dysfunctional. Change and growth were difficult to drive, the old "if it is not broke don't fix it" mentality when trying to improve processes and system functionality.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work Live Balance
productive and fun place to work at!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2016
Good overall company but 4 RIF's in one year tell a story of upper management style. Enjoyed my co works and a very fast pace work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within the company
Cons
DD is starting to turn into a turn and burn place to work at!
Challenging position
Inside Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC2 January 2017
This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
Productive and fun working place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 August 2016
I am part of the projects team which our client is City of Joburg , any call logged for more than 5 users is called a project , depending on which department it is , one has to go through training on how the system works , after the training we deploy machines according to the site and rights allocated to the right given .

I have learnt that everyday has its own problems and that face every challenge head on and always consult where one doesn't understand for a clear picture of what is required to execute a task given .

When working with people , respect of the individuals believe and religion is needed .

When we go to site we portray ourselves in a profession manner and dress code which does not distort the company name and its reputable work .
Pros
Travel
Cons
Target for the day
Productive, Business Acumen, Passion for Business operations.
Operations Incident manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2016
Friendly co-workers
Have to deliver at a pressurized times
Co-workers follow the company values
Most enjoyable is learning new things at a short space of time.
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
Long hrs