Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Fun environment but lacks growth
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng12 January 2017
Get to work, manage the queue and ensure that all calls are distributed to the correct teams. I manage the Standard Bank account, where clients have logged calls incorrectly i liaise with the client and advise on how and where to log the call correctly.
Cons
Micro management
Good opportunities
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 January 2017
I loved working for dimension data. Loved my colleagues. Good environment to grow. Always had the enployees interest at heart. Management always had the colleagues best interest.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun place to work
Head of service (Former Employee) –  Bangalore6 January 2017
Plus:
Good place to work.
Good values
Negartives:
No senior management direction and long term vision
No proper work life balance
Not very process driven
Pros
Good environment, culture
Cons
Long hours, No processes
great company to work for
Senior manager for clienty delivery and team leads (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2017
Dimension Data opened so many doors for me and this is due to their wide client base as well as their wide tech vase. Its a great company with great people and I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
massive opportunities
Cons
They could do more with mentoring people a bit more.
Great company for career development
Wintel Engineer level 2 (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng5 January 2017
As an IT company my role was to provide support to different clients on a platform level. Daily tasks included monitoring and ensuring our servers and applications were working. Calls logged by clients needed to be resolved as per SLA's. Planning changes that include either improving or maintenance of our servers,routers etc. I started as a desktop engineer onsite supporting a single client, I often moved from one client to a different as per business requirement. This assisted greatly as i was able to equip myself with knowledge and setups by different clients. I was promoted to second line engineer to support multiple clients using different systems. I had already had an understanding of most clients systems which made the transition simple. In the IT environment there is no limit to learning, as technology develops and there is a need for someone needs to either install or support the technology. My experience I have learned new skills but there is still more to be learned before I call myself an IT professional. Management and co workers are always willing to assist and mentor. The hardest part or most frustrating is that in an IT environment it is often a 24 7 365 days of the year job. So you have to be able to make yourself available at anytime to assist when needed. Without a challenge wont come satisfaction, mine comes from solving problems that we encounter
and learning and documenting solutions for other engineers should the problem arise again.
Pros
Good company benefits, fun work environment
Cons
Need to be available 24 7 365 days if needed.
Challenging position
Inside Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC2 January 2017
This position has a steep learning curve. Each day is different. The training takes 3 weeks. The company provides the tools for you to be successful. You will be arranged account managers.
Pros
lunch, casual friday
Growth and development
European Learning & Development Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hampshire27 December 2016
You will be pushed out of your comfort zone to realise your potential and more on a daily basis which fast-tracks your experience as a professional. A key must is building and maintaining relationships and this is what builds the team work environment.
Pros
Being challenged and given 'stretch' projects
Cons
Lack of Work-life balance
Exceptional workplace
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 December 2016
When I was employed at Merchants Dimension Data , Unfortunately I was involved in car accident on my way back home .This organization has wellness program that assisted me with my injury recovery and the trauma I suffered from my accident .Exceptional company to work for .
Pros
great work culture
Cons
long hours but i just loved it
Flexible time and relaxed environment
L2 Virtualization and Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg , South Africa24 November 2016
Daily Checks,
Troubleshooting,
mentoring,
Documentation,
Coffee/Lunch breaks with colleague.
Attend Training's.
Flexible timing
Pros
Fee Coffee, Play Golf
Good for those that wanna learn tech
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johanneburg18 November 2016
Great company to work for,

good leadership,
excellent challenges if you really wanna challenge yourself.
great work life balance
Pros
Good Mentoring
Cons
Limited Structured Learning
International Internet Service provider
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 November 2016
As a Billing department call centre agent my duties were assisting customers with billing queries on the internet accounts. Unlocking accounts , assisting with online payments.
Pros
Free America Online Account
Cons
Night shift and working odd hours
Productive, Business Acumen, Passion for Business operations.
Operations Incident manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2016
Friendly co-workers
Have to deliver at a pressurized times
Co-workers follow the company values
Most enjoyable is learning new things at a short space of time.
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
Long hrs
Large Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Service Delivery Platform Partnership Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2016
Large company with a global reach. Lots of technology innovations, to be carried over to managed services offered to there customer base. Because the company is so large, learning and navigating the organization can be difficult. Because the client base is so diverse, its drive the technology changes the delivers to its customer base. I get to work with people around the global, which is very exciting.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Communication is sometimes uneven given the size of the organization.
productive and fun place to work at!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2016
Good overall company but 4 RIF's in one year tell a story of upper management style. Enjoyed my co works and a very fast pace work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within the company
Cons
DD is starting to turn into a turn and burn place to work at!
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra21 October 2016
As a network engineer, we have to take care of day to day calls of user related issue, we have to monitor link status. If link goes down then we have to coordinate with respective ISP .
not a good place in 2016
Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 October 2016
used to be a great place because of the people and a winning culture, but management failures in the past 2 years have caused financial distress forcing 3 layoff rif's where none of the management has taken responsibility.
Pros
past culture and people
Cons
stay away
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC. Framingham MA8 October 2016
Great place to work. Went through a couple of rifs this year due to poor business numbers, the last one of four impacted myself and some other very qualified individuals
CLM division was not incorporated into the DD Culture
Dirctor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA6 October 2016
The people were great, but the overall experience was somewhat dysfunctional. Change and growth were difficult to drive, the old "if it is not broke don't fix it" mentality when trying to improve processes and system functionality.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work Live Balance
Senior IPT and Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA5 October 2016
Good company with lots of talented individuals working which you can learn from.
the company is reasonably present on all major cites in the US and other parts of the world.
Fun Fast Paced Work Envirionment
Mobility Ordering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA25 September 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Dimension Data. I loved my team and we worked very well together. The reason I left this company is because the turnover rate in my department was a little high for my comfort. Instead of focusing on the work we had at hand, I was spending more time training new coworkers. The turnover rate was high because our department was seen as a "get your foot in the door" position so teammates were moving to a different department at the rate of one person per month.
Pros
Teammates, management
Cons
high turnover rate