Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Dimension Data
Network Engineer L1 (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduSeptember 23, 2016
In this company made me a career growth towards achievement and i have learnt many things in my life such as skills, knowledge, experience and joyness.

now totally i had 2 years experience in the field of networking and i look forward to next level for my career growth.
Proffessional excellence
Service Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, GautengSeptember 16, 2016
My team (Mercury) we pride ourselves with Professional Excellence, we put our client's at the center of everything we do. I am a dedicated tier 2 agent for Mutual & Federal but because we work as a team I learned from team and I can fully say I can help Nedbank and Old Mutual Client's when we our short staffed. My co-workers are fun to work with.
Good Company but poor management
Designation - Senior Technical Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaSeptember 15, 2016
No job security and there is no management support. Company is good for learning, people engagement is also Good bur these all are secondary.
Great Place to work
Service Desk Agent dedicated to TPM service (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región MetropolitanaAugust 30, 2016
Dimension Data is a great place to work, great team, great service, good benefits.

Everything was great until 1 new manager took care of the operations of the team i work in. This person made working here a very difficult task.
Work culture needs to be restructured
Operations Specialist and Acting Team lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 29, 2016
Work culture needs to be restructured so that company can at least reach nearer to set goal.
The ground management does not have guts to take business decisions.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
Keep employees happy
process oriented job
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KeralaAugust 16, 2016
It was process oriented job more than technical . that why i left the job . Also i was not feeling comfortable with working from home . Also it was some kind of repeating job
Productive and fun working place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengAugust 11, 2016
I am part of the projects team which our client is City of Joburg , any call logged for more than 5 users is called a project , depending on which department it is , one has to go through training on how the system works , after the training we deploy machines according to the site and rights allocated to the right given .

I have learnt that everyday has its own problems and that face every challenge head on and always consult where one doesn't understand for a clear picture of what is required to execute a task given .

When working with people , respect of the individuals believe and religion is needed .

When we go to site we portray ourselves in a profession manner and dress code which does not distort the company name and its reputable work .
Pros
Travel
Cons
Target for the day
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 16, 2016
We need team work
We need good management
They provide good salary
My manger good
We need shift allowence
We need some fun time
Global Solution Provider
Global Systems Integration Solution Provider (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2016
Dimension Data is a Global IT Solutions provider that focuses on Enterprise accounts. They have over 30,000 employees and are owned by NTT, the 2nd largest Telecom company in the world.
Pros
Strong Technical Teams
Cons
Need to improve turn around time for quotes and service offerings.
Great Company - No Longer a Major Player in the Microsoft Marketplace
Practice Manager (SharePoint) (Former Employee) –  Fleet / Home BasedJuly 12, 2016
Fantastic company with amazingly loyal and hard working staff.

Their investment in Microsoft Solutions declines just after I joined or else this would have been a long term role
Pros
Microsoft Managed Partner
Cons
More suited to hardware sales
Productive and challenging work place
Solutions Consultant, Security (Former Employee) –  Kalang AveJune 29, 2016
I have the privilege of working in Dimension Data for two years. In my time there, I have worked in multiple tenders and opportunities with the Client Managers.

It is a very productive and challenging environment. Fortunately, there is a group of consultants that are team players and provide advice and help when needed.

I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Bi-weekly "lunch and learn" sessions, free drinks from pantry.
Cons
Consulting team is too thin to respond to the many requests from Client Managers.
challenging and fun
Project Technical Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJune 14, 2016
my typical day at work is working with a group of talented engineers, learning from each other and working together to the same goal of providing best service to our client. i work with an experienced team and together with my fun, versatile working style we create a really good team. the challenges we get is working in with different environments where we continuously disagree on whose fault is on and then we prove our concepts and technology, that is both fun and challenging. however at the end we all have to keep the client happy and ensure minimal downtime as possible
Pros
petrol card
Cons
standby and overtime
place to learn
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 13, 2016
Good place to learn all about Networking, and understanding client relation and support.

Good place to balance work & personal life
More politics than work ethic
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2016
Good training but not rewarded for hard work. Politic alot with management and come with a work ethic you will do great. The next thing I would say it take a lot of notes.
Generally good company to work for.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 7, 2016
Starting at this company was exiting, but now I realized that there is no room for advancement, based on my location and position...
Good experience
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWMay 25, 2016
Management & leadership is good. Good work environment.
Growth is slow.
Good company to work with.
Had a good experience.
Productive place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, GautengMay 18, 2016
a great place to learn and work , positive team players , gained alot of experience here , management helped keep team on top of targets
Pros
fun place
Cons
shift work
Productive, Knowledgeable and fun environment
Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Luanda, AngolaMay 16, 2016
I would start work very early due to avoiding traffic, I would do the morning health checks, read e-mails, check my calendar for any scheduled meetings, prioritize the incidents and requests from clients, check up on the technicians assign the various projects to each technician.

I learned to be very patient and very tolerable, to my co-workers and clients, due to language and culture barriers.
I also learned that with proper communication most discrepancies can be resolved.
I also learned to be a hands-on employee, meaning, that if certain skills was needed in another area, besides Service Desk duty, I would gladly assist and learn new skills, such as working in the Data Centre.
Management have always been very supportive, understand and always gave room to grow for more opportunities.

Hardest part was learning a new culture in the working environment within a different country, but it has opened up my mind and eyes to so many learning opportunities.
I not only grew within my skills but as a person.
Pros
Free breakfast and flexibility
Cons
working on some public holidays and weekends
productive
semi skilled electrician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GautengMay 12, 2016
we were working close to ceo of our sub contract so he was teaching us all about working on office spsce were we are working with lots of qualified people
Enjoyable, fun workplace with room for growth. Offers career growth and a well managed environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengApril 25, 2016
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.
I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.
The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult