Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Large Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Service Delivery Platform Partnership Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2016
Large company with a global reach. Lots of technology innovations, to be carried over to managed services offered to there customer base. Because the company is so large, learning and navigating the organization can be difficult. Because the client base is so diverse, its drive the technology changes the delivers to its customer base. I get to work with people around the global, which is very exciting.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Communication is sometimes uneven given the size of the organization.
Fun Fast Paced Work Envirionment
Mobility Ordering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA25 September 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Dimension Data. I loved my team and we worked very well together. The reason I left this company is because the turnover rate in my department was a little high for my comfort. Instead of focusing on the work we had at hand, I was spending more time training new coworkers. The turnover rate was high because our department was seen as a "get your foot in the door" position so teammates were moving to a different department at the rate of one person per month.
Pros
Teammates, management
Cons
high turnover rate
Proffessional excellence
Service Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng16 September 2016
My team (Mercury) we pride ourselves with Professional Excellence, we put our client's at the center of everything we do. I am a dedicated tier 2 agent for Mutual & Federal but because we work as a team I learned from team and I can fully say I can help Nedbank and Old Mutual Client's when we our short staffed. My co-workers are fun to work with.
Productive and fun working place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 August 2016
I am part of the projects team which our client is City of Joburg , any call logged for more than 5 users is called a project , depending on which department it is , one has to go through training on how the system works , after the training we deploy machines according to the site and rights allocated to the right given .

I have learnt that everyday has its own problems and that face every challenge head on and always consult where one doesn't understand for a clear picture of what is required to execute a task given .

When working with people , respect of the individuals believe and religion is needed .

When we go to site we portray ourselves in a profession manner and dress code which does not distort the company name and its reputable work .
Pros
Travel
Cons
Target for the day
CLM division was not incorporated into the DD Culture
Dirctor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA6 October 2016
The people were great, but the overall experience was somewhat dysfunctional. Change and growth were difficult to drive, the old "if it is not broke don't fix it" mentality when trying to improve processes and system functionality.
Pros
The People
Cons
Work Live Balance
International Internet Service provider
CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 November 2016
As a Billing department call centre agent my duties were assisting customers with billing queries on the internet accounts. Unlocking accounts , assisting with online payments.
Pros
Free America Online Account
Cons
Night shift and working odd hours
Productive and challenging work place
Solutions Consultant, Security (Former Employee) –  Kalang Ave29 June 2016
I have the privilege of working in Dimension Data for two years. In my time there, I have worked in multiple tenders and opportunities with the Client Managers.

It is a very productive and challenging environment. Fortunately, there is a group of consultants that are team players and provide advice and help when needed.

I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Bi-weekly "lunch and learn" sessions, free drinks from pantry.
Cons
Consulting team is too thin to respond to the many requests from Client Managers.
productive and fun place to work at!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 October 2016
Good overall company but 4 RIF's in one year tell a story of upper management style. Enjoyed my co works and a very fast pace work environment
Pros
Great people to work with within the company
Cons
DD is starting to turn into a turn and burn place to work at!
Dimension Data
Network Engineer L1 (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu23 September 2016
In this company made me a career growth towards achievement and i have learnt many things in my life such as skills, knowledge, experience and joyness.

now totally i had 2 years experience in the field of networking and i look forward to next level for my career growth.
challenging and fun
Project Technical Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 June 2016
my typical day at work is working with a group of talented engineers, learning from each other and working together to the same goal of providing best service to our client. i work with an experienced team and together with my fun, versatile working style we create a really good team. the challenges we get is working in with different environments where we continuously disagree on whose fault is on and then we prove our concepts and technology, that is both fun and challenging. however at the end we all have to keep the client happy and ensure minimal downtime as possible
Pros
petrol card
Cons
standby and overtime
not a good place in 2016
Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 October 2016
used to be a great place because of the people and a winning culture, but management failures in the past 2 years have caused financial distress forcing 3 layoff rif's where none of the management has taken responsibility.
Pros
past culture and people
Cons
stay away
Global Solution Provider
Global Systems Integration Solution Provider (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA15 July 2016
Dimension Data is a Global IT Solutions provider that focuses on Enterprise accounts. They have over 30,000 employees and are owned by NTT, the 2nd largest Telecom company in the world.
Pros
Strong Technical Teams
Cons
Need to improve turn around time for quotes and service offerings.
Productive, Business Acumen, Passion for Business operations.
Operations Incident manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2016
Friendly co-workers
Have to deliver at a pressurized times
Co-workers follow the company values
Most enjoyable is learning new things at a short space of time.
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
Long hrs
Work culture needs to be restructured
Operations Specialist and Acting Team lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka29 August 2016
Work culture needs to be restructured so that company can at least reach nearer to set goal.
The ground management does not have guts to take business decisions.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
Keep employees happy
Great Company - No Longer a Major Player in the Microsoft Marketplace
Practice Manager (SharePoint) (Former Employee) –  Fleet / Home Based12 July 2016
Fantastic company with amazingly loyal and hard working staff.

Their investment in Microsoft Solutions declines just after I joined or else this would have been a long term role
Pros
Microsoft Managed Partner
Cons
More suited to hardware sales
Great Place to work
Service Desk Agent dedicated to TPM service (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana30 August 2016
Dimension Data is a great place to work, great team, great service, good benefits.

Everything was great until 1 new manager took care of the operations of the team i work in. This person made working here a very difficult task.
Good for those that wanna learn tech
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johanneburg18 November 2016
Great company to work for,

good leadership,
excellent challenges if you really wanna challenge yourself.
great work life balance
Pros
Good Mentoring
Cons
Limited Structured Learning
Flexible time and relaxed environment
L2 Virtualization and Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg , South Africa24 November 2016
Daily Checks,
Troubleshooting,
mentoring,
Documentation,
Coffee/Lunch breaks with colleague.
Attend Training's.
Flexible timing
Pros
Fee Coffee, Play Golf
Enjoyable, fun workplace with room for growth. Offers career growth and a well managed environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 April 2016
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.
I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.
The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult
Senior IPT and Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA5 October 2016
Good company with lots of talented individuals working which you can learn from.
the company is reasonably present on all major cites in the US and other parts of the world.