Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Enjoyable, fun workplace with room for growth. Offers career growth and a well managed environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengApril 25, 2016
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.
I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.
The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult
More fun in work place and my colleague are very supportive
PS Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  MakatiApril 18, 2016
Working with a big company is a gift for me, I learned a lot things like Avaya products. Most of the time I am in the client performing maintenance, troubleshooting and etc. The hardest part of my job is to be a standby engineer, if there is an issue I am the responsible to resolve that issue. Sometimes our SD call me late at night and sometimes I need to go to client on weekends. The most enjoyable part is when I assigned to a project to other location.
Job security is good but too much politics
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 3, 2016
If you are part of DD payroll you have good benefits.
Salary offered will be good but the same doesn't reflect on your pay slip as they have 80% salary & 20%Variable pay which depends on business performance. out of 20%, you will never get the full amount

HR is called people & culture here who are worth for nothing. Every month you have to keep begging for collecting your sodexo. You are never treated good here!
Pros
Free snacks & cabs during night shifts
Cons
No cabs during morning shift & not employee friendly
Productuctive place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Observatory, Western CapeMarch 29, 2016
Been doing instillations from day to day
Always be punctual and always on time with your projects
Management always issued me with projects even when having to work overtime
Worked well with fellow workers
Dealing with difficult and abrupt clients
Finish my project on time
Pros
Incentive schemes and bunus paid for projects
Cons
Long hours of work and weekend work
Great IT company
Network Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengMarch 2, 2016
Dimension Data sure got it right with the various departments segregated from pre-sales,SAAS to managed services. This is a great company to work for where processes are the order of the day and client satisfaction means the world to them. This is a high pace environment with great co-workers which will support you 110% should you need their assistance.
Pros
People
Productive and fun place to work
SR. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wall Street, NYMarch 11, 2016
I am enjoying my work at DD. Learning new skills, system and very often added new task. Its a great place to work. At DD I am always been productive and efficient. We have great team including team overseas. Everyone here is very supportive and co operative.
Pros
Fun place to work, have lot to learn, flex time
Cons
small team here in US
challenging, productive
Client Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 4, 2016
- typically minimum of 3 to 4hrs. of travel time daily going to work and went home, 8 normal working hrs./ day. 3 to 6 hrs. overtime/day. 3 to 4 hrs. travel time going to client/day. including more or less 8hrs. working hrs.time during weekend.

- learned a lot most likely with recent devices and new technology
- management was great, people and co-workers very supportive.
- the hardest part of the Job was the oncall duty which was no excuses or exemption need. almost of my time spent is at work even at home i need to check my email and monitor and answer calls and text on my phone. daily routine work pressure which also i brought at home.

- enjoyable was traveling on different places.
Pros
no need to go office early
Cons
very long hours at work
Great place to work with worklife balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VICMarch 23, 2016
A great place to be exposed to a variety of technology vendors. Financially tight most of the time so there is lack of external training, travel, and celebration (beyond office cakes)
Pros
Understanding manager that provides worklife-balance
Cons
Lack of structured organisation
Yes I am working at client site everything is Good as it has to be at client site
MIS Executive/Data Analyst, Application Support (Current Employee) –  Dwarka, New DelhiFebruary 4, 2016
Working at client site is ok but there is no support from employer end , no compensation , there is no appraisal system , no matter how hard you work or how much you appreciated by client.
Pros
Good experience at client site
Cons
No career growth
Underhanded
SALES & SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  East LondonFebruary 2, 2016
Company did alot of purchasing from sales pitches to clientele, it was the sales people with no scruples that made the company bad, aswell as the company not keeping promises to staff.
Same story the loyal are never looked after its the welling and dealers that do.
Pros
new experiences
Cons
manager no spin
pay peanuts you get monkeys.
data engineer (Former Employee) –  runcornNovember 16, 2015
maybe a good company to work for in other locations but wile I was at dimension data ( Runcorn ) I was treated like a slave! I was picked on for being over payed by other engineers although I was doing most of there work and fixing there mistakes!.

and management! dont even get started with them over payed w*****s, they are only there for a Christmas bonus.and they dont even now how to do there job! they have a electrician running the data side?
Pros
exsperiance
Cons
staff.
Great enterprises
Cisco Analyst (Current Employee) –  Curitiba, PRJanuary 6, 2016
The largest provider of Cisco services of Brazil , to work optimal and optimal culture.
The Compensation are the problem in Brazil, but the culture of the company is very good.
Pros
enterprise culture, great opportunities
Cons
COmpensation/benefits
Productive workplace
Product Lifecycle Management Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, GautengApril 25, 2016
Productive workplace. Very supportive of co-workers and subordinates attempts at improvement. Driven yet very pressurised environment.
Productive work environment
SR Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 19, 2016
It was very nice experience with DD

Management was awesome

Team was very nice

The first day in the production I was engaged in continuous eight hours call.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
felicities
Technical/Presales, like Games and reading
Technical Presales (Current Employee) –  Lagos, GUApril 25, 2016
I always work from 8am- 5pm daily, learning new things on my job daily.

Configuration seems to be the hardest part and i enjoyed doing installations.
Excellent company to work for!!
Collections / Lead Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Great atmosphere and very intelligent staff. CEO held regular meetings to keep personal in the loop regarding the company’s business plan and growth from month to month.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  VietnamOctober 6, 2015
This is one of big company in the world in ICT field.
A lot of things that have learned from here:
- Troubleshooting and resolving network issues.
- Updating network infrastructure with latest hardware and security updates.
- Analyzing specific hardware and entire network systems.
- Collaborating with vendors to resolve problems and update equipment.
- Install IP Telephony and Wireless System.
Great Team of Experts
Professional Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 16, 2016
DiData was a great place to work. Excellent teamwork and highly skilled engineers. A world-class organization with thoughtful and caring leadership.
productive
semi skilled electrician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GautengMay 12, 2016
we were working close to ceo of our sub contract so he was teaching us all about working on office spsce were we are working with lots of qualified people
Productive place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, GautengMay 18, 2016
a great place to learn and work , positive team players , gained alot of experience here , management helped keep team on top of targets
Pros
fun place
Cons
shift work