Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Motivational and fast pace working environment
Client Sales Operations Executive (Former Employee), Fleet, ENGAugust 15, 2014
Pros: dress down fridays and social occasions
Cons: long hours somtimes towards month end
Dimension Data is one of the best companies I have worked for, typical days were never the same as you were always dealing with new queries. The opportunity to take part on Harvard online learning was exceptional, the management and co-workers are all extremely supportive and helpful. The most enjoyable part was learning new and exciting things and – more... knowing that every day you learnt something new. It was hard to adapt to new systems, but that's all part and parcel of the journey – less
I am a hard worker and learn new stuff very fast.
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Sandton, GPAugust 4, 2014
i had a good experience and learned new things that made a good Operator and saw myself being made a senior. WIth the roles i have been given, i completd everyone of them and was always on time for my shift.
Day at Dimension Data
Associate IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2014
Take calls, troubleshoot issues, and resolve them.
Use Office 365, Microsoft Windows 7, and Microsoft Office as well.
Work stringent environment but really fun
Call Centre agent (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: extremely fun environment
Cons: long hours
A fun environment to work in overall, with its expected ups and downs just like any job you get into.
I am a hard working person who like to get involved and making sure the client is satisfied with our service
billing clerk (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 17, 2014
I have learnt how to be a team player,handle the pressure and i'm a very organised person friendly & disciplined.
Eye opening, very good for learning new skills
General assistant (Former Employee), Fleet, ENGJuly 16, 2014
I worked here for a week for a placement during school for work experience just learning more about networks and how they are run and how difficult it actually is. I was surprised by the amount of planning is required and the amount of technology used.
Flat Hierarchy
Regional Business Development Manager (Current Employee), SuntecJuly 4, 2014
Working in the regional office, organisational hierarchy is fairly flat which allows for faster decision making and consensus. Generally a good place to work in. However, there seems to be a lack of job mobility due to this flat nature as well.
Good Environment
Remote Support Engineer (Current Employee), GPJune 30, 2014
Working at Dimension Data, its been good, I have learned a lot carreer wise and develop lots of skills, its a good IT company and good envirnment.
productive workplace
Software Engineer Level2 (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJune 9, 2014
I would rather not state my reasons for leaving dimension data
An outstanding company to work for
Contract Management Manager (Current Employee), Madrid, MDJune 4, 2014
Dimension Data is an international company with strong Regional & Global Direction. Highly-qualified team members, strongly committed management team.
This company offers lots of opportunties to learn new things. Flexible working hours.
In sum, a great company to work for.
Management was great. Was allowed a lot more leverage than most places.
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, South AfricaMay 19, 2014
Provided support and monitoring of 23 remote sites within set SLA targets
Served as an escalation point for the first level support team
Few years at DD mainly off-site
Project/Financial Administrator (Former Employee), East London, ECMay 13, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: poor pay, poor communication, lack of advancement oppurtunities
I worked on-site with the client for the majority of my time with DD. I really enjoyed working with the people in my team. I enjoyed the fairly relaxed company culture. I did however find a lack of direction from upper management, pay was below industry norm and my countless attempts to move to another position were ignored.
Great Enviroment to be involved in
Sales Training & Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Bryanston, GPMay 13, 2014
Pros: great company with lots of growth potential
Cons: traffic
Worked with a great team of people and loved all the challenges given to me
Typical Call center atmosphere
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2014
Typical day at work, I come in and check emails and proceed to taking calls while creating help desk tickets for fortune 500 companies
A dynamic company based at a great campus environment.
Head of GSC (Current Employee), JohannesburgApril 30, 2014
Pros: awesome campus, great culture.
Cons: currently sales focussed and not client focussed.
Not enough client engagement and opportunity to influence the client experience through thought leadership and innovation.

I've been working in IT Outsourcing for my entire career. It's time for a change and I would love to do something in the social media / marketing / sports related fields.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring that our proposals – more... and contracts are bullet-proof thus preventing any penalties in future. This would be much easier if the client and sales teams sat around a table and agreed on terminology, intent, exclusions etc instead of reverting to the contract via the respective legal teams when things go wrong. – less
Fast moving and fun
Business Unit Trainer (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 30, 2014
Pros: good development opportunities
Cons: possible shift work
My day normally starts with planning and organizing what lies ahead for the day. We generally facilitate all information sharing sessions and need to report on this to the business at the end of day. This means that we need to accurately assess the knowledge and skills that we have trained.

This allows for continuous inter-action with our colleagues – more... which is great as this has helped to build my credibility in the business unit. I have become a trusted contact point when it comes to business updates as all department queries are directed to me for clarity and verification.
I work with a team of 3 Trainers and we have managed to become fairly well managed with regards to our daily routines and deliverables.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to make a difference with regards to imparting new knowledge and skills and then see the colleague grow and prosper in the business. – less
Fun, exciting,culture
Back Office Support (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 23, 2014
Pros: team outing, motivating
Cons: not much
08:00am - 16:00pm, full of challenges,a lot to learn everyday, management accessible, co-workers full of happiness, both hardest and most enjoyable time we merged as per my opinion, coz everything was easily accessible and transparent,
Fun place to work in
Service Centre Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMarch 25, 2014
I assisted users with first level support. I learnt about interacting with users and working under pressure. Had a great relationship with my co works, they were always there to assist me during my training. Hardest part was dealing with users when the servers went down, it would really require on to handle pressure well. I always enjoy the treats that – more... the company would give us. our manager always treated us nicely. – less
Great company
Security Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: new managemnet
It is good and excellent place to work.

Very relaxed and can learn more.

I had great co-workers.
IT Service Sales
Multinational IT Sales and Services (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICMarch 19, 2014
Enjoy crafting complex sales proposals for Enterprise clients. Client contact the most enjoyable aspect, drawing upon my years of executive level client relationship experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dimension Data

Dimension Data sizes up information technology for its clients. South Africa's largest IT services company provides consulting, – Read more