Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Job security is good but too much politics
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 3, 2016
If you are part of DD payroll you have good benefits.
Salary offered will be good but the same doesn't reflect on your pay slip as they have 80% salary & 20%Variable pay which depends on business performance. out of 20%, you will never get the full amount

HR is called people & culture here who are worth for nothing. Every month you have to keep begging for collecting your sodexo. You are never treated good here!
Pros
Free snacks & cabs during night shifts
Cons
No cabs during morning shift & not employee friendly
challenging, productive
Client Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 4, 2016
- typically minimum of 3 to 4hrs. of travel time daily going to work and went home, 8 normal working hrs./ day. 3 to 6 hrs. overtime/day. 3 to 4 hrs. travel time going to client/day. including more or less 8hrs. working hrs.time during weekend.

- learned a lot most likely with recent devices and new technology
- management was great, people and co-workers very supportive.
- the hardest part of the Job was the oncall duty which was no excuses or exemption need. almost of my time spent is at work even at home i need to check my email and monitor and answer calls and text on my phone. daily routine work pressure which also i brought at home.

- enjoyable was traveling on different places.
Pros
no need to go office early
Cons
very long hours at work
Productuctive place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Observatory, Western CapeMarch 29, 2016
Been doing instillations from day to day
Always be punctual and always on time with your projects
Management always issued me with projects even when having to work overtime
Worked well with fellow workers
Dealing with difficult and abrupt clients
Finish my project on time
Pros
Incentive schemes and bunus paid for projects
Cons
Long hours of work and weekend work
Yes I am working at client site everything is Good as it has to be at client site
MIS Executive/Data Analyst, Application Support (Current Employee) –  Dwarka, New DelhiFebruary 4, 2016
Working at client site is ok but there is no support from employer end , no compensation , there is no appraisal system , no matter how hard you work or how much you appreciated by client.
Pros
Good experience at client site
Cons
No career growth
Great enterprises
Cisco Analyst (Current Employee) –  Curitiba, PRJanuary 6, 2016
The largest provider of Cisco services of Brazil , to work optimal and optimal culture.
The Compensation are the problem in Brazil, but the culture of the company is very good.
Pros
enterprise culture, great opportunities
Cons
COmpensation/benefits
Winning Culture
Senior VC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western CapeFebruary 25, 2016
Dimension Data is a great please to work for. They have a warm culture. Management are always willing to help and put their people first
***You've been warned***
Engineering (Current Employee) –  FramingtonAugust 20, 2015
The people are nice and say the correct things.
Most co-workers are nice and easy to get along with.
The job is a piece of cake and allows you to work from home some of the time.
They claim they want to see you succeed but there's no formal training provided and very little in house training.
Office politics are high because people want to keep the focus off their inability to manage.
I normally stay clear of these outdated little companies and I was recently reminded why.
NO process documentation so you can be arm chair quarterbacked later.
The good old boy / girl network at play.
The management is the worst I've seen thus far and I've seen bad management before. (people playing the game collecting a check, nothing really to offer).
I'm still trying to figure what the company sells and how they dupe companies in to purchasing the service.
I've seen employee turnover of 25% in less than a year.
People either leave or switch departments (if they have relationships inside the company).
It's a temporary stop for any talented professionals.
The job security is high because who would want to stay.
If you can handle the BS then this is the place for you!!!
Pros
Fun people, decent benefits
Cons
Low paying for the industry / MICRO-management / dead end - no growth potential.
Very good
Client Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itanagar, ARJanuary 11, 2016
Peaceful work, Good job satisfaction , upper tech team very helpful, expenses reimbursement system is very good ,
Management system very strong and cooperative.
Cons
Fun, service excellence and proffessionalism
Assistant Manager and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  East London, ECAugust 22, 2015
Typical day at work: Day-to-day mangement of projects, client relationship management
Global World Company that promotes a culture excellence, proffesionalism, growth and service delivery.

Most enjoyable:Team building, awareness functions and personal development

Most hardest: job security,
Pros
Team building networks
Cons
Job dependent on contract
Enjoyable, fun workplace with room for growth. Offers career growth and a well managed environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengApril 25, 2016
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.
I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.
The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult
Worse Job
PM (Former Employee) –  KallangSeptember 17, 2015
Lousy Company with political middle management. Management do not work the ground and do not know what is happening at operational level. Head of department would rely on a few 'pets' to get feedback on the performance of the staffs and would any how terminate staffs even if they are performing due to the facts that the 'pets' do not like the coworker.
Pros
Convenient Locations, good facilities, free soft drink provided
Cons
Lousy management that don't walk the ground, political, no job security
challenging and fun
Project Technical Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJune 14, 2016
my typical day at work is working with a group of talented engineers, learning from each other and working together to the same goal of providing best service to our client. i work with an experienced team and together with my fun, versatile working style we create a really good team. the challenges we get is working in with different environments where we continuously disagree on whose fault is on and then we prove our concepts and technology, that is both fun and challenging. however at the end we all have to keep the client happy and ensure minimal downtime as possible
Pros
petrol card
Cons
standby and overtime
Best company
Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAAugust 12, 2015
Best company for work life balance.
Reasonable compensation.
Friendly management.
Annual bonus
Learning opportunity
Uses latest technologies.
office space.
Pros
good management
Cons
career growth
High performance culture
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, JohannesburgAugust 4, 2015
Fantastic organisation; play hard work hard. Driving a high performance culture at times difficult with way too much red tape.
Pros
Working with some really inspirational people
Cons
Low salary and career advancement
Productive, Knowledgeable and fun environment
Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Luanda, AngolaMay 16, 2016
I would start work very early due to avoiding traffic, I would do the morning health checks, read e-mails, check my calendar for any scheduled meetings, prioritize the incidents and requests from clients, check up on the technicians assign the various projects to each technician.

I learned to be very patient and very tolerable, to my co-workers and clients, due to language and culture barriers.
I also learned that with proper communication most discrepancies can be resolved.
I also learned to be a hands-on employee, meaning, that if certain skills was needed in another area, besides Service Desk duty, I would gladly assist and learn new skills, such as working in the Data Centre.
Management have always been very supportive, understand and always gave room to grow for more opportunities.

Hardest part was learning a new culture in the working environment within a different country, but it has opened up my mind and eyes to so many learning opportunities.
I not only grew within my skills but as a person.
Pros
Free breakfast and flexibility
Cons
working on some public holidays and weekends
Productive work environment
SR Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 19, 2016
It was very nice experience with DD

Management was awesome

Team was very nice

The first day in the production I was engaged in continuous eight hours call.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
felicities
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Operations Manager L2 (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengDecember 18, 2015
A vibrant culture that is filled with opportunities to accelerate ambitions and interact with industry's top role players.
Pros
Opportunities To Grow
Cons
Working Off Site
More fun in work place and my colleague are very supportive
PS Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  MakatiApril 18, 2016
Working with a big company is a gift for me, I learned a lot things like Avaya products. Most of the time I am in the client performing maintenance, troubleshooting and etc. The hardest part of my job is to be a standby engineer, if there is an issue I am the responsible to resolve that issue. Sometimes our SD call me late at night and sometimes I need to go to client on weekends. The most enjoyable part is when I assigned to a project to other location.
Excellent company to work for!!
Collections / Lead Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Great atmosphere and very intelligent staff. CEO held regular meetings to keep personal in the loop regarding the company’s business plan and growth from month to month.
pay peanuts you get monkeys.
data engineer (Former Employee) –  runcornNovember 16, 2015
maybe a good company to work for in other locations but wile I was at dimension data ( Runcorn ) I was treated like a slave! I was picked on for being over payed by other engineers although I was doing most of there work and fixing there mistakes!.

and management! dont even get started with them over payed w*****s, they are only there for a Christmas bonus.and they dont even now how to do there job! they have a electrician running the data side?
Pros
exsperiance
Cons
staff.