Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning Experience
HR Contractor (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: learning something new on a daily bases
Cons: long hours
Busy from the time you get to work
I learnt something new everyday
Management was brilliant
My Co-workers was very helpful and friendly since day one
A lot of work and too little time in the day
I enjoyed being busy all day and speaking to people in different countries
Multinational Company and a Great place to Work
Solution Architect (Structured Cabling & DCIM) (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, UAEFebruary 8, 2015
- Multinational Company

- Group of Professional people

- Good HR Policies and benefits for the employee

- Great Work/Life balance
Salary was very less
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee), BangaloreFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: technical we can improve our skills
Cons: long hours
I worked as a industrial trainee in dimension data. I also involved in office 365 deployment projects. I also worked as a system administrator.
Good Company to work for
MDM and CPD Manger (Former Employee), JohannesurgJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: long hours only when there is a need
The people and culture of the company is great. Communication from management is also great. It was laid back kid of environment, whereby we would work hard and play hard.
Great culture and awesome people
Product Manager (Current Employee), Bryanston, GPJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits and culture
Cons: it isn't my passion
We are given excellent benefits
The people and culture are great
The facilities are excellent
Team work and productive worker
Senior Network Engineer - Connectivity (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICJanuary 9, 2015
I am Hard working and Team Player fun to work with team.Dimension Data is a great place to work with great team of management and colleagues
Good environment to start career in Network Administration
Network Administrator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours of work
Highly supportive from Core technical team
I gained knowledge on Networking
Hands-on experience on Cisco products
Good team Work
High Pressure specially working 18 hours a day
Enjoying my life at this company
Good management
Supportive managers
Highly Skilled Technical specialist teams
Fantastic People
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2014
The company offers the opportunity to work with a great team of very smart, very engaging executive staff. The work life balance is there in terms of having to go into an office daily, but the way they work hard and work often. If you are part of the "in-group" there is a tremendous amount of growth potential,k but the lower level managers are not actually "growing" their staff to take on new or different challenges. Compensation is standard for the industry. The culture is one in which people like to have fun, but where the job gets done. There is very little bleed from work to social, resulting from a more mature organization.
More exposure about networking devices
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 23, 2014
Pros: festival gifts
Cons: work pressure
More knowledge about the cisco devices
Monitoring the network links
Desperate Seeking A Job
Project Manager Implementation (Current Employee), Centreville, VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: management favortism, unfair hiring/firing practices, did i mention management
This environment is toxic. Unless you are in the inner circle and well liked you will forever have problems. Do not complain to HR you will wait 6 months for reply that reads. "No issues found" that does not even come from the HR person that was or is handing your concerns. As for calling the ethics hotline yet another joke... I was once called into a meeting and told turn off your phone and do not tape this conversation. In a call to ethics that was discussed so much for safe guarding the employees.
Call Coordinator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 21, 2014
Pros: gret team
Cons: poorly managed
Most enjoy making a difference, providing world class customer service, living the DD values daily
Micro-managed to the fullest
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: pay, technology, 1 hour lunch breaks, plenty of eateries nearby
Cons: management, fake people, disorganization, being micro-managed.
My brief time at Dimension Data in Charlotte was a time of great stress and minimal direction. I was thrust into onto the phones in the GSC (as a Service Desk Agent) after only an hour of shadowing another employee.

The manager at the time was grossly unqualified - I think she was hired because of her looks. In any event, if you get lost and have a question she's going to refer you to the "specific process" document for whatever task you're attempting. This was largely because she didn't know what she was doing.

Also, EVERY client has a different process for everything so good luck with that. you better take excellent notes and perhaps create a spread sheet to keep track of it all.

The people were friendly enough. The Pay was nice.

My time with the company ended when I was close to getting a shift change. The incompetent manager listed above found out about this by trolling my chat logs with the other shift manager and created a week long saga that included 2 face-to-face meetings with her.

If you do work here, be prepared to kiss management's back side and be talked down to on a consistent basis. Be prepared to never know what you're doing right while well informed on everything you do wrong.
Dedicated and team work
IT remote desktop support (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 6, 2014
Pros: teamwork
A very productive day at work. I learnt a lot about the remote support side of IT. My co-workers helped one another we worked as a team with the managers and supervisors always on hand to help or advise us in the work related problem.
team building
Admin and Costing Coordinator (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 4, 2014
Every day at work I’m happy because of the people i work with my boss giving is a good intelligent young man who always give you knew thing to do that will grow you for future .
Great Company to work for
Field Services Technician (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, great people
Cons: traffic to my job is a bit stressful at times but manageable.
Dimension Data is a great company to work for and the management are very willing to help where it's needed. They offer a lot of support and useful information which can further your career and experience. My colleagues are a great and very fun to work with. They are lively and bring a smile to your face all the time. We are like a giant family at DD. One of the great things about my job is that I don't get baby sat and watched if I am doing something wrong. They trust us to do what we are good at doing, IT.
Project Manager (Former Employee), SydneyOctober 24, 2014
Amazing co-workers and encouraging staff. Quite sociable and encourage work/life balance.
Fair place to work in
Systems Centre Operations Manager (Current Employee), Gauteng, South AfricaOctober 20, 2014
A typical day in this office is of a varying feel, some days good, some days great, and some days better than all of them, there is a decent flow of work, and atmosphere, immediate staff and team members are great
Telecom Professional
Business Process Outsource (BPO) Manager (Former Employee), Centreville, VAOctober 18, 2014
Reliable, energetic, and highly talented Telecom Professional with immense experience in management and analytics is seeking a position within an innovative organization, where I may exercise my superior skills to achieve new milestones in the Telecommunications Industry.
Good
BDM Information security (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 8, 2014
Good working environment to learn. More on team work and different domain to learn on
Result Driven
Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the campus in bryanston is an awesome office environment
Cons: very stressful
My days are never the same! Which I thrive upon.
I am involved in the whole sale cycle (from quote request, through to invoicing)
I have learned a lot about business and profitability
The people are dynamic and they make this a great place to work for.
I love the diverse nature of my job and ensuring that the financials make sense.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dimension Data

Dimension Data sizes up information technology for its clients. South Africa's largest IT services company provides consulting, – Read more