Dimension Data

My manger good
We need shift allowence
We need some fun time
Global Solution Provider
Global Systems Integration Solution Provider (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 15, 2016
Dimension Data is a Global IT Solutions provider that focuses on Enterprise accounts. They have over 30,000 employees and are owned by NTT, the 2nd largest Telecom company in the world.
Pros
Strong Technical Teams
Cons
Need to improve turn around time for quotes and service offerings.
Great Company - No Longer a Major Player in the Microsoft Marketplace
Practice Manager (SharePoint) (Former Employee) –  Fleet / Home BasedJuly 12, 2016
Fantastic company with amazingly loyal and hard working staff.

Their investment in Microsoft Solutions declines just after I joined or else this would have been a long term role
Pros
Microsoft Managed Partner
Cons
More suited to hardware sales
Productive and challenging work place
Solutions Consultant, Security (Former Employee) –  Kalang AveJune 29, 2016
I have the privilege of working in Dimension Data for two years. In my time there, I have worked in multiple tenders and opportunities with the Client Managers.

It is a very productive and challenging environment. Fortunately, there is a group of consultants that are team players and provide advice and help when needed.

I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Bi-weekly "lunch and learn" sessions, free drinks from pantry.
Cons
Consulting team is too thin to respond to the many requests from Client Managers.
challenging and fun
Project Technical Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJune 14, 2016
my typical day at work is working with a group of talented engineers, learning from each other and working together to the same goal of providing best service to our client. i work with an experienced team and together with my fun, versatile working style we create a really good team. the challenges we get is working in with different environments where we continuously disagree on whose fault is on and then we prove our concepts and technology, that is both fun and challenging. however at the end we all have to keep the client happy and ensure minimal downtime as possible
Pros
petrol card
Cons
standby and overtime
place to learn
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 13, 2016
Good place to learn all about Networking, and understanding client relation and support.

Good place to balance work & personal life
More politics than work ethic
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2016
Good training but not rewarded for hard work. Politic alot with management and come with a work ethic you will do great. The next thing I would say it take a lot of notes.
Generally good company to work for.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 7, 2016
Starting at this company was exiting, but now I realized that there is no room for advancement, based on my location and position...
Good experience
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWMay 25, 2016
Management & leadership is good. Good work environment.
Growth is slow.
Good company to work with.
Had a good experience.
Productive place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, GautengMay 18, 2016
a great place to learn and work , positive team players , gained alot of experience here , management helped keep team on top of targets
Pros
fun place
Cons
shift work
Productive, Knowledgeable and fun environment
Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Luanda, AngolaMay 16, 2016
I would start work very early due to avoiding traffic, I would do the morning health checks, read e-mails, check my calendar for any scheduled meetings, prioritize the incidents and requests from clients, check up on the technicians assign the various projects to each technician.

I learned to be very patient and very tolerable, to my co-workers and clients, due to language and culture barriers.
I also learned that with proper communication most discrepancies can be resolved.
I also learned to be a hands-on employee, meaning, that if certain skills was needed in another area, besides Service Desk duty, I would gladly assist and learn new skills, such as working in the Data Centre.
Management have always been very supportive, understand and always gave room to grow for more opportunities.

Hardest part was learning a new culture in the working environment within a different country, but it has opened up my mind and eyes to so many learning opportunities.
I not only grew within my skills but as a person.
Pros
Free breakfast and flexibility
Cons
working on some public holidays and weekends
productive
semi skilled electrician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GautengMay 12, 2016
we were working close to ceo of our sub contract so he was teaching us all about working on office spsce were we are working with lots of qualified people
Enjoyable, fun workplace with room for growth. Offers career growth and a well managed environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengApril 25, 2016
We generally attend to incident calls, resolve them as per SLA. When there is less calls we set up PCs for the new users and upgrades for the existing ones.
I have learned how to prioritize and to manage a large amount of calls. Time management and ability of getting things right the first time.
I very much enjoy with my team as they are open and share ideas and knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with arrogant and ignorant users.
The exciting part is that we dealing with different issues everyday and the challenges that we get, plus having to know that you give solution to what others consider so difficult
Productive workplace
Product Lifecycle Management Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, GautengApril 25, 2016
Productive workplace. Very supportive of co-workers and subordinates attempts at improvement. Driven yet very pressurised environment.
Technical/Presales, like Games and reading
Technical Presales (Current Employee) –  Lagos, GUApril 25, 2016
I always work from 8am- 5pm daily, learning new things on my job daily.

Configuration seems to be the hardest part and i enjoyed doing installations.
More fun in work place and my colleague are very supportive
PS Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  MakatiApril 18, 2016
Working with a big company is a gift for me, I learned a lot things like Avaya products. Most of the time I am in the client performing maintenance, troubleshooting and etc. The hardest part of my job is to be a standby engineer, if there is an issue I am the responsible to resolve that issue. Sometimes our SD call me late at night and sometimes I need to go to client on weekends. The most enjoyable part is when I assigned to a project to other location.
Dimension Data - Client Executive
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2016
There are a lot of changes taking place at Dimension Data which are driven by acquisitions of other companies such as Nexus IS. When they acquired Nexus IS, it was clear that Dimension Data was not set up to handle professional services at the level that Nexus was accustomed to. This is causing a great imbalance in delivery and successful execution.

I have learned a great deal of things while at Dimension Data . Biggest area of growth for me are Cisco and our Professional Services/Managed services. These areas excite me as they can heavily impact corporations business objectives.

My manager is an all around good person. He's personable and caring.

I work with a lot of good people around me. People who care about doing good work. That's inspiring to me and helps me drive harder in acquiring new customers.

Hardest part of the job right now is our ability to deliver on the professional sales I'm providing. I'm heavily involved selling services/managed services and we do not have enough resources to timely implement solutions we're selling. This is impacting further sales.

I would have to say that helping existing or new customers become more efficient and effective delivering their company's business objective, is the best part of my job. That's what wakes me up every day.
Productuctive place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Observatory, Western CapeMarch 29, 2016
Been doing instillations from day to day
Always be punctual and always on time with your projects
Management always issued me with projects even when having to work overtime
Worked well with fellow workers
Dealing with difficult and abrupt clients
Finish my project on time
Pros
Incentive schemes and bunus paid for projects
Cons
Long hours of work and weekend work
Great place to work with worklife balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VICMarch 23, 2016
A great place to be exposed to a variety of technology vendors. Financially tight most of the time so there is lack of external training, travel, and celebration (beyond office cakes)
Pros
Understanding manager that provides worklife-balance
Cons
Lack of structured organisation
N/a
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2016
Dimension Data is a great please to work. The work environment is very positive and the company is growing at a fast rate.