Dimension Data

Dimension Data Employee Reviews

Productive hard working place.
Systems Engineer Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng23 February 2017
A typical day would start of by doing Daily Checks within the environment. Provide support where required.
I have learned new people and technology whilst being with Dimension Data.
Dimension Data management lacks involvement with there employees because of the size of the organisation.
Hardest thing to do is meet SLA each month.
The flexi working hours is a big yes in my book.
Pros
Flexi working hours.
Cons
Workload is extreme.
Good growing experience, but probably not typical for an employee.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VA1 March 2017
I held an internship, so my day was probably not a typical experience of an employee. I assisted with updating documentation for process manuals, such as minor editing, updating pictures, and ensuring that the steps were still relevant and clear in the guides. Also, I worked researching the ordering process to help find what was issues were preventing them from proceeding.
Pros
Paid, variety of work, friendly coworkers
Resolving new Networking challenges in day to day life at client end
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh14 March 2017
• Implementation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of WAN & LAN network for client i.e. Andhra Bank.
• Interacting with clients, understanding their needs & providing technical support to clients for all tickets raised, by remotely troubleshooting their network or by visiting at client end.
• Configuring & maintaining the AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting).
• Commissioning and Maintenance of Leased line, ISDN & V-sat.
• Maintains coordination with all teams at Data center, Field engineer & Client end to resolve all network related issues
Good Salary and Benefits
Senior 1st Line Video Conference Engineer (Former Employee) –  London26 February 2017
The company have good salary and benefits.
However the hours were long and shifts can be very unsociable.
There was an plenty of opportunities for career development and training available.
Some parts of the business are remote and hard to get feedback from higher management and HR.
The company culture seems segregated with multiple parts of the businesses and there is not much in the sense of workplace community.
Pros
good bonus opportunity and salary
Cons
Long unsociable hours and no workplace community.
The best working enviroment
Senior Systems / Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng12 March 2017
We worked normal 8 hours a day. though most of the time we worked over time due to unexpected results and SLA's.
I learnt a lot on the importance of team work, company culture and policies, the importance of customer support and understanding the modules of each client and adapting to it.
The hardest part was to be thrown in the deep end and taking charge of a new product or system which give me more joy and taking full responsibility of it.
The most enjoyable part was the archievements we made and reaching our SLA's was awesome
Pros
We worked under pressure so lunch to us come once in a while by choice
Cons
Long our are ours our cup of time. Am always target focused with perfection
Revenue
Head of Services (Former Employee) –  Schweiz20 February 2017
The company overall is a key actor on the market with a willingness to make a difference and to focus on clients.
The strategy is sound and global leaders are approachable and deliver a clear message.

The downside is that each country operates on its own which makes it difficult to engage with global clients leading to revenue and margin split sometimes leading client to believe each country competes against the other.
Pros
Global compony, possibility to move.
Cons
no real interest in investing in young employees to develop them
Workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng22 February 2017
My workplace is very good and accommodating, especially the management and the team.

It only becomes difficult when users or client are not co operating and not agreeing to company policies.

The most enjoyable part of the work is when I am busy troubleshooting on user s pc and struggling I will normally ask my colleagues to assist before I escalate to my team leader we will try harder to resolve the issue so that at the end of the call we will congratulate who ever who would have came up with the solution.

I have learned that in the IT field we share info, support each other and work together as a team.

A typical day at work will be when I get to work and find that everything is down from servers, telephones, and the network and users are not very understanding.
Great Workplace and Open-Minded and Welcoming Employees
Client Support Administrator/Help Desk (I/II) (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VA1 February 2017
Dimension Data has a great working environment. Everyone works together as a team and each department is there to help the other departments. This is a great example of a team-oriented company.
Pros
Great employees, workplace, kitchen
Cons
Contractors have no PTO, Entry-level contractors do not get much of a raise after the end of the initial contract
Good learning opportunity, not for long term work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Makati6 February 2017
Dimension Data has provided good opportunity to broaden my HR knowledge and add Payroll to my skill set.

I am given opportunity to share best practices. As with any Sales company, the main goal of the business is to be able to bring in Sales and revenue. The company has been operating at a loss since 2016 and I am afraid there is little to none job security.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
job security
Fun, productive and more fun
Senior Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng23 March 2017
working at this company i would say its one on the best i have worked for, they let you grow, make mistakes , learn from your mistakes, have fun, training and work at you own pace, they just give you a deadline how you get to, you manage that, time management, you never go to work feeling heavy, you actually look forward to going to work.
Pros
free lunches, meet directors, recognitions
Cons
too far, traffic
Condusive environment to work in.
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Gauteng14 March 2017
- You know what you came to do at work and there's no one nagging you or always monitoring you they expect you to productive at what you do.

- Dimension Data focuses on IT related solutions not too much into politics hence acquired too much IT knowledge from the company.

- The management creates a conducive working environment to work in they are not nagging they know what they expect from you and they give support. '

- I really enjoy the workplace culture in Dimension Data I recommend it for everyone who would like to join the company.

- The contractual jobs for me were the hardest part of the job because the job security otherwise my experience Dimension Data was a good one.

- Not being micro managed was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Contract work
Fast Pace workplace
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
Dimension Data is a fast pace workplace, you start at 7.30 am and finish at 5 pm. The day is full with resource negotiation , meetings and running reports. Gathering information from reports , PM , FSM and Account Managers. Applying this information to produce forecast, actual to forecast reports to use to improve utilisation.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No reward for extra effort
Growth and development
European Learning & Development Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hampshire27 December 2016
You will be pushed out of your comfort zone to realise your potential and more on a daily basis which fast-tracks your experience as a professional. A key must is building and maintaining relationships and this is what builds the team work environment.
Pros
Being challenged and given 'stretch' projects
Cons
Lack of Work-life balance
Over worked, never enough people to perform required functions of the job,
Global Support Center Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA16 February 2017
Always required to be available 7/24/365 with out compensation to match the hours worked. Work days wee very hectic being pulled into many difficult situations.
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Management out of touch with the work load placed on it's employees.
experienced technical engineer and can accept management roles s well
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Delhi, Delhi2 March 2017
Have experience Cisco Collaboration platform.
worked in various client facing roles, which include senior management form client.
Understanding about multiple tech playing different role in an organization. Given a chance can handle techno manager role
willing to learn
SHEQ Officer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng9 December 2016
Ensuring compliance with Client Specification. Compiling site files and attending Audits.

Conducting Site inspections. Procurement of Personal Protective Equipment & Portable Electrical Equipment and inspection thereof.

it is good working at Dimension Data and we have a Team of good People..
Pros
inquisitive
Cons
hard working and used to working under pressure.
great company to work for
Senior manager for clienty delivery and team leads (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2017
Dimension Data opened so many doors for me and this is due to their wide client base as well as their wide tech vase. Its a great company with great people and I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
massive opportunities
Cons
They could do more with mentoring people a bit more.
Good benifits
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng7 February 2017
Its all about who you know. Been working for dimension data 7 years, standing still. I have applied for many positions however my current manager does not want me to grow, they need me where i am and im tired of not growing at the moment i know i have potential in many other areas,
Pros
Company vehicle
Exceptional workplace
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng18 December 2016
When I was employed at Merchants Dimension Data , Unfortunately I was involved in car accident on my way back home .This organization has wellness program that assisted me with my injury recovery and the trauma I suffered from my accident .Exceptional company to work for .
Pros
great work culture
Cons
long hours but i just loved it
Service Request Operator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA3 November 2016
Dimension Data was a good place to work until financial difficulties hit the Company. Company wide financial problems then facilitated mass lay offs and outsourcing.
Pros
Dimension Data accomodated my schedule when I needed to handle family matters ect...
Cons
Company wide financial problems facilitated mass lay offs and outsourcing.