Dimension Data Employee Reviews

productive and fund place to work
Technology Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW23 April 2017
the time i was there the team grew from 5 to 75, and with such aggressive growth it had it fantastic times and challenges.
we were outcome based, and built up a capable SCRUM lifestyle practice for all the team to follow
No growth
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  JAMMU AND KASHMIR20 April 2017
I was working in urban as well as rural areas of india for almost around a year there.
There was no growth in terms of knowledge as well as in as financial way.
Productive work place
Group Cost Centre Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng19 April 2017
The hardest part of the job is long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with figures and SAP
Expecting the best from employees can easily become a stressor if doesn’t allow for good work-life balance.
Pros
Cell phone Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
Work-Life Balance, Fun, Fast pace and constant change
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Riyadh, SA16 April 2017
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Pros
Free Fruits and Coffee, Great work environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of Stress Management
Good Company
Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ahmedabad, Gujarat11 April 2017
Very nice environment to work with.
Supportive management.
Good Project's
Opportunity to learn & grow.
Work environment is super friendly
Please have a look on all level of employee irrespective of role and salary & please take care of employees they do definitely take care of your clients
Pros
Good company to work
Cons
Worst pay
Long hours but fun culture
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 April 2017
Dimension Data definitely had a great culture , one that made you want to come to work and that made you feel like you are part of a bigger picture. They definitely have the right attitude for work at this call centre
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Irregular hours
Workplace culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka8 April 2017
Salary is less compare to work,less transparency within management due to that lower level employ suffer a lot during work,fun activity is so so not so good.HR section is horrible they do not respond even if u die.
Pros
Good Learning exp
Cons
Salary is less as comp to work
Productive and Fun at workplace
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng26 March 2017
A lovely company to work for. A typical day various depending on what one was doing. AS the Accounts Payable Manager, I would spend 30% of the day in Meetings with superiors, same line line managers(Colleagues) or with my my team. 50% executing my deliverables and 20% managing and guiding the team. My role changed when I moved to Financial Accountant position, that is when I wanted to be closer to the Business Unit and understand the business from the financial Management perspective. The role is 90% operational and 105 attending meetings.

DD ha s a very strict and yet flexible management style, Managers want the job done and deadlines met. The workplace culture is that you need to run you division as your own company but obviously consult yours superiors on important matters that has financial implications to the bigger picture.
I learned a lot both as the Accounts Payable Manager and as the Financial Accountant.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Long hours on moth end, but understandably that is the nature of the reporting
Fun, productive and more fun
Senior Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng23 March 2017
working at this company i would say its one on the best i have worked for, they let you grow, make mistakes , learn from your mistakes, have fun, training and work at you own pace, they just give you a deadline how you get to, you manage that, time management, you never go to work feeling heavy, you actually look forward to going to work.
Pros
free lunches, meet directors, recognitions
Cons
too far, traffic
You worked hard so others could make good money
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA21 March 2017
As an inside sales rep, you support outside reps you take you for granted. Management didn't care cause the reps were hitting the numbers. Nexus was a good place to work, went down hill when bought by DD.

Want to know more about Dimension Data?

Ask a question
Good company to work ...Limited growth options.
Client manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra21 March 2017
Good office environment. Good team. Growth limited. Job culture needs to be improved. Less intervention from management on key issues. Product knowledge needs to be improved for sales force
Pros
Good team
Cons
Product knowledge limited
No Work life Balance
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka16 March 2017
Continuously working in same shift from last 6 months and there will not be any changes. No shift rotation, No Shift allowance, lack of management response.
Resolving new Networking challenges in day to day life at client end
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh14 March 2017
• Implementation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of WAN & LAN network for client i.e. Andhra Bank.
• Interacting with clients, understanding their needs & providing technical support to clients for all tickets raised, by remotely troubleshooting their network or by visiting at client end.
• Configuring & maintaining the AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting).
• Commissioning and Maintenance of Leased line, ISDN & V-sat.
• Maintains coordination with all teams at Data center, Field engineer & Client end to resolve all network related issues
Condusive environment to work in.
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Gauteng14 March 2017
- You know what you came to do at work and there's no one nagging you or always monitoring you they expect you to productive at what you do.

- Dimension Data focuses on IT related solutions not too much into politics hence acquired too much IT knowledge from the company.

- The management creates a conducive working environment to work in they are not nagging they know what they expect from you and they give support. '

- I really enjoy the workplace culture in Dimension Data I recommend it for everyone who would like to join the company.

- The contractual jobs for me were the hardest part of the job because the job security otherwise my experience Dimension Data was a good one.

- Not being micro managed was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Contract work
Great Place to Work
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka13 March 2017
Great Place to Work.
Excellent Leadership Team.
Helping colleagues.
Good place to learn different technology.
Excellent HR team who cares for employees.
Good Facility .
Good Administration team.
Good Workplace
EUS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 March 2017
Enjoyed working at Dimension Data, very nice office at Observatory.

Everybody is friendly, working very nicely together with everyone.

Very nice canteen and they are the main Tech Sponsor of the Tour De France.
The best working enviroment
Senior Systems / Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng12 March 2017
We worked normal 8 hours a day. though most of the time we worked over time due to unexpected results and SLA's.
I learnt a lot on the importance of team work, company culture and policies, the importance of customer support and understanding the modules of each client and adapting to it.
The hardest part was to be thrown in the deep end and taking charge of a new product or system which give me more joy and taking full responsibility of it.
The most enjoyable part was the archievements we made and reaching our SLA's was awesome
Pros
We worked under pressure so lunch to us come once in a while by choice
Cons
Long our are ours our cup of time. Am always target focused with perfection
Good Place to Work
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 March 2017
Great Place to work in and you can learn many things. Best things is that you will be having contact with all the teams which helps to learn new things.
Contracted Via Dimension Data to Customer site
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa9 March 2017
I work in a a structured and corporate enviroment. I attend to daily issue and ensure that all IT matter are reported and attended to. I manage myself and do my own time management.
Good place learn to Technical stuffs.
Senior Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore7 March 2017
Dimension data is good place to learn network technologies, colleagues and seniors are highly technical and will help each other without any hesitations. The hardest part of job is rotational shift which is still can be managed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimension Data. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval