Dimatec Inc. is a manufacturer of high quality metal bond diamond tools and related “down the hole” equipment that are used primarily by the mineral exploration and the geotechnical survey industries. Dimatec Inc. also provides precision machining services to the drilling and mining exploration sectors.
We are seeking experienced individuals to join our team as CNC Machinists (minimum 5 axis experience). We are also seeking a Machinist General - experienced journeyman machinist able to independently set-up and operate CNC multi-axis equipment.
Note: Midnight Shift, Sunday through Thursday, 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (training on days).
- Machinist General - must have Journeyman Machinist (Red Seal) certification plus minimum 8 years' practical machining experience.
- Machinist = minimum 3 years' experience, with technical/academic machine shop training.
- Successful completion of a recognized blueprint reading and/or drawing comprehension/GD&T course, or relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience setting up CNC machines.
- Advanced skills and ability to read, create, interpret and modify CNC programs.
- Advanced skills and ability to independently set-up and operate CNC multi-task machine tools.
- Experience using precision measuring equipment.
- Physical ability to lift/push loads on a regular basis, perform repetitive tasks, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, attention to detail, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Review work orders and interpret blueprints, select appropriate tooling, set-up and operate various CNC machines to manufacture products with close tolerances.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Ability to adjust speeds, feeds and tool paths and make other program modifications.
- Make necessary program and tooling improvements to ensure product quality and run-time.
- Work closely with Engineering and Programming to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to Quality Assurance for disposition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dimatec offers competitive wages, extended health benefits, and group RRSP/DPSP. Midnight shift premium also offered.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including wage expectations.