Dimatec Inc. is a manufacturer of high quality metal bond diamond tools and related “down the hole” equipment that are used primarily by the mineral exploration and the geotechnical survey industries. Dimatec Inc. also provides precision machining services to the drilling and mining exploration sectors.
Dimatec Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Machinist General. The Machinist General is an experienced journeyman machinist primarily responsible for day-to-day production activities, set-up and independent operation of conventional/CNC machining equipment.
Note: Afternoon Shift, Monday through Thursday, 2:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight.
- Journeyman Machinist (Red Seal) certification from a recognized college, trade apprenticeship, vocational school.
- Successful completion of a recognized blueprint reading and/or drawing comprehension/GD&T course.
- Minimum 8 years’ practical machining experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience setting up and operating manual and/or CNC machines.
- Advanced skills and ability to read, create, interpret and modify CNC programs.
- Advanced skills and ability to independently set-up and operate CNC multi-task machine tools.
- Advanced skills and ability to competently and accurately use precision measuring equipment.
- Experience training machinists and junior machine operators.
- Physical ability to lift/push loads on a regular basis, perform repetitive tasks, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, attention to detail, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Review work orders and interpret blueprints, select appropriate tooling for the work to be done, set-up and operate various manual and/or CNC machines to manufacture products with close tolerances.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Ability to adjust speeds, feeds and tool paths and make other program modifications.
- Make necessary program and tooling improvements to ensure product quality and run-time.
- Work closely with Engineering and Programming to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to Quality Assurance for disposition.
- Provide training/mentoring to CNC Operators and Machinists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dimatec offers competitive wages, extended health benefits, and group RRSP/DPSP.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, including wage expectations.