Dillon Consulting Limited Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Electrical Design Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2017
Glad that i worked for Dillon consulting because it is one of the really finest companies to work in. Learned alot from the senior staff, very cooperative and enthusiastic team dillon has got.
Wonderful environment to work in
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 July 2017
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dillon Consulting Limited. Excellent staff, impeccable training leaders and overall a fantastic company to work for.
overall
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 February 2017
This company is a employee owned and managed firm. The employees are great, as is the management for the most part. Time off has never been an issue.
Pros
great opportunities and people to work with.
Cons
company policy on deadlines is not flexible.
Great company to work for
Environmental Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 February 2017
Productive, dynamic and friendly environment
Good potential for growth
Exceptional autonomy
Very diversified environmental projects
Great work flexibility
lowest job security you can imagine
Environmental EIT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2016
There is no job security there and you can get fired without being given any reason! It is a very strange workplace and I DO NOT recommend working there to anybody. Job description is so different from what you are going to do. Employee are discriminated! I always felt like I'm a foreigner.
Productive, Calm, and Encouraging workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 September 2016
The position I worked was as a Field Technician in the SHaRP Program, which is available as a worker to those who are student aged and are looking for entry level work.
The typical day would consist of driving out to your work location, doing an on-site hazard assessment, the beginning to work on whatever was the assigned project for that location.
Management was friendly and great to talk to, but was also firm with their expectations. Co-workers were all roughly the same age group, so it was easy to get along with them in both the workplace and outside of work hours.
The most difficult part of your day would be if you were working outside in a hot environment with little to no shade cover, in which you would find yourself sweating and working hard.
Overall,Dillon Consulting is a great employer for those looking for seasonal work within the SHaRP Program. I cannot say much about working within the offices, but those who I did have contact were friendly and agreeable.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long hours, Environmental conditions (Outdoors)
Very fun place to work at, but contract work was sporadic.
City Representative & Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 July 2016
Really enjoyed the team at Dillon. Everyone was friendly, welcoming, and very helpful. I did contact work with them for a while until the contracts for my specialty stopped coming in. I still get offers for the odd short term [weekend work normally] every so often and always enjoy going back.
Excellent Company Excellent People
It Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2016
Great co-workers and a great atmosphere
Benefits are great too.
They participate by helping out the community by planting trees and making donations.
Pros
Excellent People
very poor place to work
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2015
the company policies sound good but only on the paper; the company treats its employees without respect, and HR is there not to help the employee at all.
N/a
MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Great workplace to be a part of, it was very challenging at times working as a manager and dealing with everyday different scenarios.
an unusual experience
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2015
Company is not considering personal needs and life balance and usually when it comes to choosing between them. You ended up loosing your life or your job.

Company wont accommodate transfer between branches and they are not transparent about the HR policies.

Employment equality exists on papers but when it comes to practice. It does not practice.

Smaller offices are amazingly managed.

Manager, try to cut the salary of employee to save money on the projects.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
many bosses, Transparency of policies
Office/ field atmosphere
Environmental (Former Employee) –  WIndsor17 August 2015
If you are a fan of company outings, office parties, and getting involved in your workplace, it's great. Lots of engineering type work and the like. Big turn around rate.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low level employees looked down on
Work/life Balance
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2015
Working at Dillon was rewarding for me in many ways. I developed friendships that have lasted over a decade, and I learned the skills necessary to be successful in my chosen career. Dillon was a nurturing workplace, with management in Calgary who really seemed to care about the employees.
Poor communication and lack of respect for contract staff
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2015
After accepting a contract with Dillon in summer of 2014, I received deceptive information about workload, contract length, and job security. After being told I would be working 8-9 hour days from June through to the end of October, I ended up with no work for about half of that time. The work I was hired for didn't start until September, though I was told for months it would start the next week. Half way through September I was told they were able to have their full time staff finish my work and I would have no more work until the end of my contract. They had asked me to buy a car for work, and then didn't need me to use it at all (I had to push to use it for mileage), and they purposefully kept me in the dark about upcoming work. Working for Dillon Consulting put me behind in my career, as I had other offers and would have accepted them had I known the truth. I have heard of this happening to several other people through this company.
Dillon played by the rules and in the fine print my contract specified I was not guaranteed full time hours. I believe they simply lack good management and weren't prepared for the uncertainty that is consulting work, and lacked respect for their employees.
Cons
Poor communication and management.
Great company
Project Administrator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2015
Working with great project managers and administrative staff.

Very supportive management

Lunch and Learns; Office Meetings; Events
Organizations and Fundraising
Great workout at work.
Organics Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 August 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being out in the field. It was hard work but it was also very rewarding. I learned a lot of about recycling and using organics for energy generation.
very respectful employer
Field Assistant/Waste Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 June 2014
The management at Dillon was very friendly and showed respect to the rights and needs of all employees. My time on a contract job there was very enjoyable.
Very productive and a good environment to work in.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2014
I learned how to communicate and have a professional conversation with the residents of Surrey. A typical day at work was going door to door and handing out tools to the residents of Surrey so they can save water and money. The co-workers were amazing. Everyone was very friendly and hardworking. The job was straightforward and I had no difficulties getting my tasks done. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people and meeting all different types of people.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Hot Summer Days
Productive workplace
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 February 2014
Dillon is a great place to work. Employees that work here all take their work very seriously and want to produce work that is beyond satisfactory to the client.
Great Company
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2012
My co-workers were truly professionals in the field.
I worked with a great group of people and have gained invaluable experience during my time there.