Dillon Consulting Limited is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad. We are currently seeking candidates for a 7 month (30 week) Environmental Monitor (EM) contract position on Manitoulin Island (near Little Current, Ontario) starting April 29, 2013.
- Completion of construction observation activities of a wind farm on Manitoulin Island, Ontario
- Action as the owner’s environmental representative with varied responsibilities throughout the duration of wind farm construction
- Monitoring of erosion and sediment control structures, setbacks to natural features, wildlife encounters and establish construction limits
- Observation of contractor activities, ensuring environmental management best practices and conformance to provincial standards applicable environmental permits
- Assistance in the coordination of environmental surveys (e.g., bird nest searches)
- Issuance of stop work orders when environmental protection/mitigation measures are not being met
- Completion of daily logs and weekly monitoring reports
- Co-ordination with the Archaeological Monitor, Construction Manager and Contactor
- Diploma in civil engineering or environmental technology and/or a degree in engineering, biology, ecology, environmental science or a related discipline
- Registration as a Civil Engineering or Environmental Technologist (CET) or Certified Technician (CTech) in the province of Ontario
- At least two years’ related work experience in construction monitoring
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in auditory and visual wildlife (e.g., bird) identification would be an asset
- Physically able to walk through difficult terrain for extended periods of time
- In-depth understanding of relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Familiarity with environmental monitoring at construction sites and working with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Terrestrial natural heritage field assessment experience would be an asset.
Dillon Consulting Limited offers competitive salaries. Please reply providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience by April 17, 2013, to:
Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd.,
Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Dillon is a well established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide...