Dillon is an international, Canadian owned professional consulting organization committed to guiding our clients towards successful application of science, technology and management. As a client-centered organization, we ensure our client needs and aspirations are fulfilled and problems are solved innovatively, expeditiously and cost-effectively.
Since our inception, Dillon has grown steadily in services provided, range of expertise, geographic scope and size. We operate across Canada and in Asia, the Caribbean Region, the United States and Central and South America. Our employees have skills in over 30 distinct disciplines, and include professional engineers, architects, planners, economists and physical and social sciences. Members of Dillon are experienced in working independently, within integrated project teams, and through a variety of project delivery methods including design-build, public private partnerships, and conventional consultant-owner relationships.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of interim Construction Observer in our Saint John office.
- Leadership of on-site construction observation of infrastructure projects, ensuring that projects meet the requirements of contract drawings and specifications
- Coordination, monitoring, and witnessing of required testing activities to ensure that testing is being carried out at the prescribed frequency and that the results are acceptable
- Management of daily records of conditions, site activities, and work progress
- Leading or supporting of contract administration as required, including the preparation of progress payments
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Eligible to be licensed to practice as a Certified Engineering Technologist in New Brunswick, or eligible to licensed within six months
- A minimum of 10 years' related work experience
- Experience as a resident inspector on large municipal infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal/provincial standards and regulatory requirements
- In depth knowledge of contract administration services and requirements
- Expert knowledge of municipal servicing standards and environmental approvals requirements