The Construction Crew manager is responsible for assistance in managing, planning, and coordinating commercial and residential renovation projects. The person in this position is responsible for crew management, inspection process connected with construction and remodeling of existing facilities. The Construction Crew manager examines plans and specifications and assists with ensuring compliance of projects to their plans and specifications.
Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, pricing, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, commercial properties
Design -- Knowledge of interior renovation disciplines - Drywall, Paint/Plaster, Finish Carpentry, Flooring, Electrical and Plumbing.
-Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
-Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
-Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
-Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the Landlord, Property Manager.
-Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to specifications with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
-Obtain all necessary permits and licenses when applicable
-Direct and supervise skilled trade technicians.
-Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
-Requisition supplies and materials to complete renovation projects.
-Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
-Complete scheduled quality control assessments and record results in internal central software system.
-Take actions to deal with the results of delays, or emergencies at construction site.
-Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
-Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures
- Pre-Inspections and inspections during and after the renovation process.
- Communicate with Client Representatives.
- Ensure all the work is completed as per the company standards.
- Coordinate changes during the course of renovation with Account Managers.
- Manage Sign-Offs.
- Manage the pick up and drop off material to the job site by team of technicians or delivery personnel
- Provide customer service to clients.
- Troubleshoot and report deficiencies occurred during the renovation process.
- Estimate labour and material costs for future projects.
- Meet with clients to discuss quotations and estimates for the work they require.
- Attend meetings with the prospective clients.
- Other duties as and when delegated.