WHO WE ARE
Digitcom, in business since 1991, services small to medium enterprise markets in Toronto and across Canada. Selling the Avaya IP Office product, NEC, Cisco, hosted PBX, and SIP trunks, Digitcom has been consistently recognized and awarded by both our customers and suppliers. From the ‘Avaya Business Partner of the Year’ in 2010, to the ‘Consumers Choice Award’ 7 years in a row, to our recent “Gold” in the ‘Canadian Channel Elite Award’ for the best small business solution, Digitcom’s success is due to our un-wavering commitment to one simple thing: Providing outstanding service. Digitcom has grown consistently over the last 22 years, and we just completed our most successful year yet with double digit growth. We manage our own NOC, both inside our office, and at a data center in downtown Toronto.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This newly created role will report directly to the President and will be responsible for the day to day functions of the service, technician and technical support, NOC, warehouse, HR, and accounting departments. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, customer focused, results-driven individual who excels in challenging work and diverse responsibilities.
- Oversee a team of 25 – 30 staff including assisting with hiring, supervision, performance management, training, metrics and development of staff.
- Lead and motivate team members, foster their professional development and growth, and promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintain contractual relations with customers and handle all escalated related service issues in an effective manner.
- Develop metrics to evaluate department performance, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor work flows to ensure timely and effective responses in a manner that meets customer expectations and internal service goals and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate department performance against metrics on an ongoing basis and make improvements as needed.
- Manage staff by providing exceptional coaching and mentoring and ensure that the staff receives and completes all necessary training
- Revamp current processes to improve operational productivity (cycle time, throughput, etc.)
- Ensure that the necessary corrective actions are implemented to revolve the non-conformities occurring in the business unit and verify the implementation and efficiency of the solutions.
- Perform the annual performance reviews of all direct reports, ensure the annual performance reviews of all personnel in the business unit and make recommendations for merit increases to the President.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- University degree in business, finance, economics, marketing or a related area; MBA, CA, CGA, CMA or professional designation preferred.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in a management capacity, specifically in the telecommunications industry
- Very strong analytical, mathematical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills, including the ability to quantify and analyze data and metrics
- Possess extensive management experience and skills in the areas of; leadership, team-building, communications, decision making, planning and organization;
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage with limited supervision and to handle multiple initiatives in an organized manner
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills with proven success managing cross-functional teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - PowerPoint & Excel
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
Let us know why you would be a perfect fit for our team by forwarding your resume and a position-tailored cover letter in confidence.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We require applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role however only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard