Service Category: Testing & Quality Assurance
Role/Experience Level: Project Leader – Level 3
Assignment Start Date: November 1, 2013
Assignment End Date: March 31, 2014
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is an arms-length regulatory agency of the Ministry of Finance. FSCO is responsible for the regulation of various financial sectors in Ontario, including pension, loan and trust corporations, credit unions, caisse populaires, cooperative corporations, mortgage brokerages and persons engaged in the business of insurance.
The purpose of this Request for Service (RFS) is for FSCO to obtain one task-based development consultants (level three) for 102 days to assist the Information Technology (IT) Section with the planning, analysis, development, testing and data migration of three key business systems to a common platform (Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario's Executive Committee has identified the need to approach all future systems developments projects on a common platform. To help facilitate a common approach to system development and business processes, it has been recommended that the system redevelopment projects in Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund be combined into one program.
Microsoft Dynamics will be used as the common development platform. Microsoft Dynamics integrates with the existing .net platform; built on SQL database, has built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) features, and is cost effective.
The consultants will play a key role throughout the project lifecycle from requirements gathering, development to final delivery using an iterative approach.
- The consultants will provide advanced expertise in Microsoft CRM Dynamics technologies for designing application functionality, data structure, integration with other data sources and destinations, user interface functionality, workflow, data migration strategies etc.
- The consultants will produce various documents related to system development and process review. The products will be created for IT, Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund management and staff. Some examples of materials include FAQs, business requirements documentation, system design specifications, user manuals, and communication materials.
- Adhere to the Scope, Deliverables, Milestones and administrative processes, as detailed in this Request for Services.
- Provide timely status reports to the Project Lead, for inclusion in overall project status updates to the Senior Manager, Business Solutions & Operation.
- Comply with Client’s security procedures and practices
- Comply with OPS Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines
- Document all work and provide skills and knowledge transfer to appropriate Client staff
Testing n-tier Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 solution that target both the web and client user experience and support in the development of key artifacts such as:
- Quality Assurance / Test Strategy, Quality A Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Cases (automated/ Manual), User Acceptance etc. based on Business and Logical Architecture artifacts such as System Requirements Specifications, User Stories, Business Scenarios, Logical Data Model, Implemented Business Rules, Logical Design, Entity Relationship Schema, System Functional Design, Logical Application Deployment Model, Logical Application Design Document etc.
- QA for the following: training plan, system manuals and documentation, application release plans etc.
- Obtaining sign-off for prototype solutions as well as production deployment from users
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed quality control processes and procedures as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these processes include (but are not limited to): unit testing, user acceptance testing, peer walkthroughs and review.
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed methodologies as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these methodologies follow industry best practice e.g. PMBOK.
Communications and Reporting:
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed communications and reporting processes as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these processes include (but are not limited to): weekly progress reports and project meetings.
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to provide cross training and/or detailed documentation to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to internal staff.
Experience in the following technology environments:
- Minimum 10 years of System testing/ Quality Assurance (Software Applications) experience
- 5 years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM application testing experience,
- years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premises testing experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft technologies, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) 2012, SQL Server 2012, performance testing tools and .net framework 4.5.
- Expert in planning, organizing and defining test strategy , test plans, test cases based on user requirements / user stories including reporting and tracking defects for resolution
- Expert knowledge of QA automation processes, methodologies, and frameworks.
- Expert in data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- Expert in creating, updating & automating the test cases as well as executing manual and automated tests including version control to ensure the highest possible product quality meeting the business requirements
- 3+ years’ experience testing in an Agile development environment using TFS with regularly scheduled releases
- Expert in automated test scripting and tools and test environment administration
- 3+ years’ experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Expert in various types of software test planning, execution and reporting e.g. unit, system, integration, stress, regression, performance, end to end, load, functional, sanity, acceptance, usability, testing etc.
- Demonstrated project experience in testing Dynamics CRM applications
- Experience in working alongside technical resources to test Dynamics CRM solutions including integrating with other systems
- Experience in analysis and identification of operational issues and performance gaps
- Expert in developing and maintaining product test plans and ensuring product delivery compliance to test plans/ requirements
- Expert knowledge of C# and other programming languages
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Exposure to SharePoint 2010/13, Project 2010/13, Visual Studio 2012, Visio 2010,SRS and Business Intelligence tools
- Prior consulting experience in Ontario Public Sector
- Exposure to AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and its compliance
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience as a good flexible team player with a track record of working in project teams of varying sizes, strict deadlines and under high pressure environment;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or appropriate related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including:
o Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
o Must be extremely detail oriented and technically oriented
o Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities
o Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and work collaboratively
o Ability to come up with the best solution for given requirements
o Ability to provide reasonably accurate estimates for testing, based on client’s technical and functional requirements
The majority of work will be performed within the Greater Toronto Area, normally at the offices of FSCO at 5160 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario. There may be requirements for limited travel throughout the Province.
Working Hours The Client’s normal working hours are 7.25 hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., five days per week, Monday to Friday. The Vendor agrees to provide services outside the above-mentioned hours at the request of the Client.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Digitalembrace is a knowledge company. We provide professional consulting services in the areas of program and project management,...