Service Category: Solutions Development
Role/Experience Level: Task Based Business Analyst – Level 2
Assignment Start Date: September 3rd, 2013
Assignment End Date: March 31st, 2014
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is an arms-length regulatory agency of the Ministry of Finance. FSCO is responsible for the regulation of various financial sectors in Ontario, including pension, loan and trust corporations, credit unions, caisse populaires, cooperative corporations, mortgage brokerages and persons engaged in the business of insurance.
The purpose of this Request for Service (RFS) is for FSCO to obtain one skilled tasked-based business analysts (level two) for 144 days to assist the Information Technology (IT) Section with the planning, analysis, migration, and testing of three key business systems to a common platform (MS Dynamics). The candidate will, in conjunction with client area staff, be responsible for facilitating and contributing to the analysis, review and preparation of high level business requirements for the new FSCO's common platform, and participate in an iterative development process interacting regularly with business and development staff.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario's Executive Committee has identified the need to approach all future systems developments projects on a common platform. To help facilitate a common approach to system development and business processes, it has been recommended that the system redevelopment projects in Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund be combined into one program.
Microsoft Dynamics will be used as the common development platform. Microsoft Dynamics integrates with the existing .net platform; built on SQL database, has built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) features, and is cost effective.
- The analysts will lead the gathering of requirements and assist in planning in the migration of key business systems to a common platform in MS Dynamics 2011 utilizing an iterative methodology.
- Working within FSCO, the consultants will interact with business subject expertise IT Section management and staff to gather background information, review draft material, obtain feedback, research and coordinate as necessary to finalize products.
The analysts will produce various documents related to system development and process review. The products will be created for IT, Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund management and staff. Some examples of materials include FAQs, business requirements documentation, system design specifications, user manuals, and communication materials
Experience in the following technology environments:
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience as Business Analyst in the planning, designing and implementation of large complex system's development project
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated project experience in configuring and implementing Dynamics CRM
- 2 years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011experience on-premises experience
- Expert in developing User Stories
- Expert in business process modeling techniques and common business models including analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, data model, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Expert in Formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on both user needs and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Experienced in most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the MS Dynamics CRM application of technology to client’s business environment
- Ability to Create written specifications and screen mock-ups, wireframes / prototype for developers
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, Agile, Iterative, RUP
- Demonstrated work experience of Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Business Intelligence design and concepts as per latest industry trends and business practices
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Certified in MS Dynamics CRM Configurations & Customizations
- Exposure to SharePoint 2010, Project 2010, Visio 2010 & TFS 2012
- Exposure to SRS and Business Intelligence tools
- Prior consulting experience in Ontario Public Sector
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and its compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Excellent interpersonal skills, including:
oMust be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
oExcellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities
oAbility to communicate (written &verbal) with stakeholders at all levels and work collaboratively
oAbility to come up with the best solution for given requirements
oAbility to provide reasonably accurate estimates for projects, based on client’s technical and functional requirements
oProven experience as a good team player with a track record of working in project teams of varying sizes, strict deadlines and under high pressure environment
The majority of work will be performed within the Greater Toronto Area, normally at the offices of FSCO at 5160 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario. There may be requirements for limited travel throughout the Province.
The Client’s normal working hours are 7.25 hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., five days per week, Monday to Friday. The Vendor agrees to provide services outside the above-mentioned hours at the request of the Client.