Service Category: Architecture
Role/Experience Level: Task Based Business Architect – Level 3
Assignment Start Date: December 16, 2013
Assignment End Date: September 30, 2014 (plus Possible extension of 124 days)
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is an arms-length regulatory agency of the Ministry of Finance. FSCO is responsible for the regulation of various financial sectors in Ontario, including pension, loan and trust corporations, credit unions, caisse populaires, cooperative corporations, mortgage brokerages and persons engaged in the business of insurance.
The purpose of this Request for Service (RFS) is for FSCO to obtain one skilled tasked-based business architect (level three) for 198 days (plus possible extension of 124 days) to assist the Information Technology (IT) Section with the planning, analysis, migration, and testing of three key business systems to a common platform (MS Dynamics). The candidate will, in conjunction with client area staff, be responsible for facilitating and contributing to the analysis, review and preparation of high level business requirements for the new FSCO's common platform, and participate in an iterative development process interacting regularly with business and development staff.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario's Executive Committee has identified the need to approach all future systems developments projects on a common platform. To help facilitate a common approach to system development and business processes, it has been recommended that the system redevelopment projects in Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund be combined into one program.
Microsoft Dynamics will be used as the common development platform. Microsoft Dynamics integrates with the existing .net platform; built on SQL database, has built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) features, and is cost effective.
- The business architect will lead the gathering of requirements, analysis as well as architecting the business solution. Architect will assist in planning the migration of three systems to MS Dynamics 2011 on-premises utilizing an iterative / agile development methodology.
- Working within FSCO, the consultant will interact with business subject expertise, IT Section, management and staff to gather background information, review draft material, obtain feedback, research and coordinate as necessary to finalize required artifacts/ products.
- The consultant will produce various documents related to system development and process review.Some examples of materials include Business architecture vision, architecture development methodology, Business & Logical Architecture artefacts, FAQs, business requirements documentation, system design specifications, user manuals, and communication materials.
Experience in the following technology environments:
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience in various key-senior roles in developing enterprise business architecture vision, business analysis & system integration
- Expert in business process re-engineering as well as modeling techniques and common business models including analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business architecture & system requirement specifications
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional workshops of 10-50 individuals (including executive level teams) for process analysis and business architecture requirements gathering through screen mock-ups/ wireframes /prototype as well as to uncover pain points and drive consensus around a future state vision
- Demonstrated 5 years of Dynamics CRM projects experience
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premises experience
- Experience in working alongside technical resources to build and implement Dynamics CRM solutions including integrating with other systems in all phases of the life cycle to see a project from inception to its conclusion
- Experienced in most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the MS Dynamics CRM architecture to FSCO’s business environment
- Expert in Formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on both user needs and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Expert in developing User Stories
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, Agile, Iterative, RUP, and Waterfall
- Experience in analysis and identification of strategic operational issues and performance gaps
- Demonstrated work experience of Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Business Intelligence design and concepts as per latest industry trends and business practices
- Expert in carrying out business performance, process diagnostics and assessments
- Experience in defining data dictionary, the user documentation and training the end-user training
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Exposure to SharePoint 2010/13, Project 2010/13, Visio 2010/13 & TFS 2012
- Certified in MS Dynamics CRM Customization & configuration
- Certified in Business Architect (practitioner) from TOGAF or EACOE or “Zachman
- Prior consulting experience in Ontario Public Sector
- Exposure to AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and its compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including:
o Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
o Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
o Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities
o Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and work collaboratively
o Ability to come up with the best solution for given requirements
o Ability to provide reasonably accurate estimates for projects, based on client’s technical and functional requirements
o Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
The majority of work will be performed within the Greater Toronto Area, normally at the offices of FSCO at 5160 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario. There may be requirements for limited travel throughout the Province.
The Client’s normal working hours are 7.25 hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., five days per week, Monday to Friday. The Vendor agrees to provide services outside the above-mentioned hours at the request of the Client.