Service Category: Architecture
Role/Experience Level: Task Based Business Architect – Level 3
Assignment Start Date: November 1, 2013
Assignment End Date: March 31, 2014
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is an arms-length regulatory agency of the Ministry of Finance. FSCO is responsible for the regulation of various financial sectors in Ontario, including pension, loan and trust corporations, credit unions, caisse populaires, cooperative corporations, mortgage brokerages and persons engaged in the business of insurance.
The purpose of this Request for Service (RFS) is for FSCO to obtain one skilled tasked-based business architect (level three) for 102 days to assist the Information Technology (IT) Section with the planning, analysis, migration, and testing of three key business systems to a common platform (MS Dynamics). The candidate will, in conjunction with client area staff, be responsible for facilitating and contributing to the analysis, review and preparation of high level business requirements for the new FSCO's common platform, and participate in an iterative development process interacting regularly with business and development staff.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario's Executive Committee has identified the need to approach all future systems developments projects on a common platform. To help facilitate a common approach to system development and business processes, it has been recommended that the system redevelopment projects in Pensions, Licensing & Market Conduct and the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund be combined into one program.
Microsoft Dynamics will be used as the common development platform. Microsoft Dynamics integrates with the existing .net platform; built on SQL database, has built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) features, and is cost effective.
- The business architect will lead the gathering of requirements, analysis as well as architecting the business solution. Architect will assist in planning the migration of three systems to MS Dynamics 2011 on-premises utilizing an iterative / agile development methodology.
- Working within FSCO, the consultant will interact with business subject expertise, IT Section, management and staff to gather background information, review draft material, obtain feedback, research and coordinate as necessary to finalize required artifacts/ products.
- The consultant will produce various documents related to system development and process review.Some examples of materials include Business architecture vision, architecture development methodology, Business & Logical Architecture artefacts, FAQs, business requirements documentation, system design specifications, user manuals, and communication materials.
- Adhere to the Scope, Deliverables, Milestones and administrative processes, as detailed in this Request for Services.
- Provide timely status reports to the Project Lead, for inclusion in overall project status updates to the Senior Manager, Business Solutions & Operation.
- Comply with Client’s security procedures and practices
- Comply with OPS Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines
- Document all work and provide skills and knowledge transfer to appropriate Client staff
To lead & participate in the development of key artifacts in the following:
Business architecture vision, architecture development methodology,Business & Logical Architecture artifacts such as data business functional modeling, service lifecycle modeling, System Requirements Specifications, business event modeling , Detail Design, Data Dictionary, Business Process Model, Wireframes, Prototypes, Conceptual Data Model, Business Rules, Business Use Stories, Business Scenarios, Quality Level Metrics & Key Performances Indicators, Logical Data Model etc.
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed quality control processes and procedures as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these processes include (but are not limited to): unit testing, system & integration testing, user acceptance testing, peer walkthroughs and review.
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed methodologies as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these methodologies follow industry best practice e.g. PMBOK, BABOK & EACOE/TOGAF/Zachman.
Communications and Reporting:
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to follow all prescribed communications and reporting processes as defined by the Manager (or designate). Typically these processes include (but are not limited to): weekly progress reports and project meetings.
The Vendor’s personnel will be required to provide cross training and/or detailed documentation to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to internal staff.
Experience in the following technology environments:
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience in various key-senior roles in developing business architecture vision, defining architecture development methodology as well as planning, business analysis, design, architecting, system integration and implementation of large complex system's development enterprise wide projects in multi-clients organizations;
- Expert in business process re-engineering as well as modeling techniques and common business models including analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business architecture & system requirement specifications
- Demonstrated experience in documenting enterprise architecture artifacts as per Zachman’s or TOGAF or EACOE framework
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional workshops of 10-50 individuals (including executive level teams) for process analysis and architecture requirements gathering through screen mock-ups/ wireframes /prototype as well as to uncover pain points and drive consensus around a future state vision
- Experience in working alongside technical resources to build and implement Dynamics CRM solutions including integrating with other systems in all phases of the life cycle to see a project from inception to its conclusion
- Experienced in most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the MS Dynamics CRM architecture to FSCO’s business environment
- Demonstrated 5 years of project experience in configuring and implementing Dynamics CRM
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on-premises experience
- Expert in Formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on both user needs and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Identify, propose and influence business solutions, negotiate deliverables and requirements across multiple business units.
- Expert knowledge of SDLC, Agile, Iterative, RUP, and Waterfall
- Experience in analysis and identification of strategic operational issues and performance gaps
- Demonstrated work experience of Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Business Intelligence design and concepts as per latest industry trends and business practices
- Expert in carrying out business performance, process diagnostics and assessments
- Experience in defining data dictionary, the user documentation and training the end-user training
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Exposure to SharePoint 2010/13, Project 2010/13, Visio 2010/13 & TFS 2012,SSRS & Business Intelligence tools
- Certified in Business Architect (practitioner) from TOGAF or EACOE or “Zachman Certified™ Enterprise Architect”
- Prior consulting experience in Ontario Public Sector
- Exposure to AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and its compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including:
o Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
o Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
o Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities
o Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and work collaboratively
o Ability to come up with the best solution for given requirements
o Ability to provide reasonably accurate estimates for projects, based on client’s technical and functional requirements
o Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
The majority of work will be performed within the Greater Toronto Area, normally at the offices of FSCO at 5160 Yonge Street, North York, Ontario. There may be requirements for limited travel throughout the Province.
The Client’s normal working hours are 7.25 hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., five days per week, Monday to Friday. The Vendor agrees to provide services outside the above-mentioned hours at the request of the Client.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Digitalembrace is a knowledge company. We provide professional consulting services in the areas of program and project management,...