Experience level: Mid-level
Language requirements: English essential, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
Application deadline: September 20, 2013 at 4:00PM EST
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is seeking to hire a Technical Officer to support the development and implementation of DOT’s information and communication systems and learning management systems. The Technical Officer will work in coordination with DOT’s ICT Support team.
The ideal candidate will be a personable, customer-service oriented creative problem solver who is able to quickly adapt to new technologies and possesses a broad technical skillset.
This is a full-time 3-month contract position based out of DOT’s office in Ottawa.
- Assist with the development and implementation of DOT’s learning management system;
- Assist with the development and implementation of DOT’s monitoring and evaluation system;
- Help to establish processes and procedures for transitioning users to new systems;
- Work with the ICT Support team to develop and implement services and processes as needed
- Strong knowledge of: PHP, SQL, XML;
- Strong knowledge of CSS/HTML;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Experience with database management;
- Experience with project management;
- Experiences with a CMS (preferably ImpressCMS);
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- College or University degree
How to apply
To apply, please visit HTTP: //DOTRUST.ORG/APPLY and complete the online application by September 20, 2013. NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICANTS WHO APPLY THROUGH HTTP: //DOTRUST.ORG/APPLY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is a leading international social enterprise headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with local operations around...