Digital Communications

Digital Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management sucked
Team Leader (Former Employee), Nanaimo. BCDecember 27, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Area manager would start your day by pretending to be excited motivating, then as soon as something comes up he doesn't like, he would threaten your job. Co-workers were mostly awesome, except for the few that would lie to you to get some of your stock or to not send you stock. Most of the hires in Vancouver sales and head office Edmonton didn't even – more... speak English. How's that for a communications company? The Controller at head office never returns messages. NEVER. – less
"Stay in the office" all day sales culture
Director of Corporate Sales (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2013
This is a great place to work in sales if you like to stay in the office all day.
It was a friendly, clean workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly work environment.
Cons: sometimes long hours, working holidays, no overtime.
A typical day would be to sweep, mop, tidy up, count the money float, inventory count, and check for any updates with any services we provide. The store is now open and when customers come in I would help them with whatever issues they had, varying from showing them how to use their products, to servicing the products, or setting up new services.
I – more... learned a lot about the phones that are out today and how to use them, as well as how to fix most problems people would find with them.
When I worked for Digital Communications they were going through some transitions with a lot of employees, including managers, so I would rather not comment on that, I know sometimes things don't go very smoothly and it was not their fault. They did the best with what they had.
The hardest part of my job was the training. It was a lot of information to learn in a very short period of time, but I did it and I am confident I could apply those learning techniques in any situation.
What I enjoyed most about this job was when there would be something wrong with the system and the customer would have to wait a while until their phone system started working and I would have time to chat with them, as I am a very social person. – less
okay
Inventory controller (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 28, 2012
Pros: great employees. good hours
Cons: poor management, cheap
This is a terrible company to work for. I learned alot about typical inventory procedures which benefitted me for other jobs. The management is poor. The co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part was when I was working on certain tasks, without interruptions. Like to lay off long term people and don't have much respect. No incentives.
Energetic team members and caring supportive staff
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCOctober 15, 2012
I learned many new things while working in this job, and given I had not gone back to school or moved I would have stayed working for them. There is much room to grow and advance, and supportive managers and owners to help you to succeed.
Not bad job for those who are driven
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Okotoks ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: free anytime lunches, not too difficult, positive relaxed atmosphere.
Cons: generally negative attitude from customers. hard to reach targets and incentives.
Generally a nice place to work, great environment but can be stressful. Main concern is that getting commission is quite difficult and the pay is laughable without it.