Digital Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent
Marketing Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2016
This job provided great base for retail marketing experience. Also given the opportunity to attend classes to improve on my advertising and graphic design skills.
unprofessional
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
Unprofessional when it comes to sales techniques. Store has no heat for its employees to work in. Don't train properly as a new hire. VERY DEAD (no customers) and they expect the store's gross profit to be high to commission out where it is rare due to very slow traffic.
It paid the rent
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 22, 2014
I wasn't happy at this company. Management kept demanding more and more without providing incentives. Not a very good place to work.
Management sucked
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo. BCDecember 27, 2013
Area manager would start your day by pretending to be excited motivating, then as soon as something comes up he doesn't like, he would threaten your job. Co-workers were mostly awesome, except for the few that would lie to you to get some of your stock or to not send you stock. Most of the hires in Vancouver sales and head office Edmonton didn't even speak English. How's that for a communications company? The Controller at head office never returns messages. NEVER.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
"Stay in the office" all day sales culture
Director of Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2013
This is a great place to work in sales if you like to stay in the office all day.
It was a friendly, clean workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2013
A typical day would be to sweep, mop, tidy up, count the money float, inventory count, and check for any updates with any services we provide. The store is now open and when customers come in I would help them with whatever issues they had, varying from showing them how to use their products, to servicing the products, or setting up new services.
I learned a lot about the phones that are out today and how to use them, as well as how to fix most problems people would find with them.
When I worked for Digital Communications they were going through some transitions with a lot of employees, including managers, so I would rather not comment on that, I know sometimes things don't go very smoothly and it was not their fault. They did the best with what they had.
The hardest part of my job was the training. It was a lot of information to learn in a very short period of time, but I did it and I am confident I could apply those learning techniques in any situation.
What I enjoyed most about this job was when there would be something wrong with the system and the customer would have to wait a while until their phone system started working and I would have time to chat with them, as I am a very social person.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly work environment.
Cons
sometimes long hours, working holidays, no overtime.
okay
Inventory controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 28, 2012
This is a terrible company to work for. I learned alot about typical inventory procedures which benefitted me for other jobs. The management is poor. The co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part was when I was working on certain tasks, without interruptions. Like to lay off long term people and don't have much respect. No incentives.
Pros
great employees. good hours
Cons
poor management, cheap
Energetic team members and caring supportive staff
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BCOctober 15, 2012
I learned many new things while working in this job, and given I had not gone back to school or moved I would have stayed working for them. There is much room to grow and advance, and supportive managers and owners to help you to succeed.
Not bad job for those who are driven
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks ABMay 28, 2012
Generally a nice place to work, great environment but can be stressful. Main concern is that getting commission is quite difficult and the pay is laughable without it.
Pros
free anytime lunches, not too difficult, positive relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
generally negative attitude from customers. hard to reach targets and incentives.