2.0 PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
The Machinist Apprentice performs assigned tasks/activities in accordance with established production tooling procedures and work instructions. Assists and constructs a wide variety of ordinary tools, dies, fixtures, and gauges to very close tolerances, or constructs more complex units where design is available. Assist with layout and difficult tool room machine operations. Assist with fitting, timing and adjustments. Duties also include assisting with tool proving and repairs. Assists with the CNC department when needed.
3.0 PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Assists the Tool & Die Maker – Group Leader in the manufacture of progressive and transfer tooling from receipt of die design through to production part approval.
- Performs assigned tasks/activities in accordance with established tooling procedures and work instructions reporting all discrepancies to the Group Leader.
- Responsible for quality as required in accordance to the assigned requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of their own inspection equipment and small production tools.
- Respects and guards confidential information between Diemedic Tool & Machine and its customers.
- Good organizational skills.
- Compliance to all company policies.
- Completes work in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties characteristic of the job environment as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for working safely, complying with safety policies, wearing mandatory hearing protection, safety glasses and safety boots in designated areas, as per company policy. Responsible for keeping a safe work area for themselves and for fellow employees and reporting unsafe conditions to their supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any personal injuries they receive at work to the supervisor.
- Job requires occasional overtime to meet customer delivery dates.
4.0 JOB SPECIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Preferred Education: Grade 12–SSGD–Secondary School Graduation Diploma
Preferred Certificate: N/A
Skill Requirements: Capable of working under minimal supervision. Ability to use drill press, milling machines, grinders, lathes, overhead crane and band saw. Ability to use measuring equipment including micrometers, verniers and height gauges. Able to follow oral and written procedures and work instructions. Ability to follow through on work details. Communication, organization and interpersonal skills.Ability to implement, direct and follow through on management directives.
Communication Skills: Communicates regularly to their immediate supervisor with regards to work produced, problems and concerns of work.
On Job Training: Diemedic Tool & Machine Orientation, WHMIS.
This is a Permanent Full Time Position