We are looking for someone local, based in Montreal
The job of the product manager is a mix of: Technical Writer, Functional Analyst and Manager job
The position is basically the link between the marketing team and the development team.
- Funded startup with high growth potential
- Based on Plateau-Mont-Royal, 15-20 employees
- We have built a free platform to create and share engaging learning activities
- The platform has been tested with thousands of users and nearly 100 clients in Quebec
- We focus on K-12 education but we also work with higher ed, corporations and lifestyle learning
About the job
Our product is a multiplatform consumer application, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and many others you know. Most of your job will be to write down detailed and fully thought specifications of our product based on high level product requirements (mostly photoshop designs). This is a big part of the job that is a technical writer job. We want someone perfectionist that is able to cover all cases of a complex system and write them down in a way that is very easily consumable for a programmer, including producing screenshot using Photoshop. We want someone that really cares about the darkest details of the product. Only a small part of your job (about 30%) will be to elaborate solutions and taking input from users. We want someone autonomous that can work without being told what exactly to do and that is also able to manage other people tasks. Again, we want a perfectionist that cares about details.
- 70%: Write and maintain clear and detailed specifications of the product
- 20%: Elaborate technical solutions in collaboration with the product designer and developers
- 10%: Take inputs from data, users, employees and company objectives
- 5 years of experience
- Understand software engineers point of view
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Be perfectionist, consistant and concise
- Ability to see the big picture and to simplify
- Great written and oral english
- Social, communication and negociation skills
- Be efficient with Photoshop, Google Docs, Wikis and Redmine (task management tool)
- Analysing skills and logical thinking
- Be able to work long periods on a computer
- Be self disciplined, self-motivated and self-learner
- Using daily mobile apps in your own personal life
- Be able to work with modern technologies and platforms
- Having experience as a teacher or instructor is a plus
- Speaking french is a plus
- Having worked in a startup is a plus
- $50,000 to $70,000
- Paid computer (MacBook Pro)
- Relax environment and flexible schedules
- Located in Montreal Plateau
- Interior parking (50% paid by the company)
- Bilingual environment (English and French)
- Key role in a fast paced, high potential startup
How to apply for the job - VERY IMPORTANT
Please read this with attention, if you don’t provide the requested documents, your candidature will be rejected:
In addition to your resume, please send us:
= > What is you experience in managing or writing specifications for a consumer application (iOS, Android or Web Apps)?
= > Do you have any experience having worked in a startup? Which ones?
= > Finally, it is ESSENTIAL that you send us some documents that demonstrate you skills as a product manager. We want to see specifications you wrote in the past for any consumer application software. If you don’t have any, I suggest that you prove what you can do by simply taking 2-3 screenshots of any app on your phone and by producing a dummy, but complete and detailed specifications of them. We are looking for something that is:
- Related to a consumer application (such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest…)
- Complete, detailed, with screenshots, flowcharts, and explanations that cover all cases
- Easy to read (no big clunky paragraph containing too much information - think short concise and precise but complete)
- It needs to be easily understandable by a developer (consider they are 6 years old).
- Your document needs to be so much clear that a developer could build the product, without asking a single question and without assuming any part of the functionality by himself.
We are an amazing team and we are looking for an amazing product manager.
Are you up for the challenge?
It is up to you to show us what you can do!