Dial A Delivery Employee Reviews

About 4 years old
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON12 January 2018
This compagny claims to been around for much longer they actually have been. Bearly 4 years of operation this compagny has a very high employee turnaround rate. They take away their drivers tips given by most of the customers to make up for the rate increase. That sucks now all empties are only worth 50% of their worth. And most customers gives the drivers the empties as tips.
Pros
Easy jobs
Cons
Not a great place to work
Lots of consistent hours and new management team
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2018
I started working here over a year ago and the company has definitely come a long way since the new management team has taken over. They started restructuring the company in the early part of the summer at which point some staff had to be let go which probably accounts for some of the negative reviews, however, I do agree that the computers we were using when I started were overdue to be upgraded which the new management team promised that this would be one of the first projects they would be taking on and we had new computers within 2 weeks!!

The company hosts many meetings which I have been part of and they believe in fostering an open door policy and are actively working to transform the workplace into a modern call centre which will include Netflix and a chill room with gaming systems! The theme of most meetings is to foster a culture of work life balance and the opportunity to grow with the company which I did not feel was there before.

I do think that this is a good company to work for and wished that I could have gotten paid more then the minimum wage when I started but the job is pretty easy and it's a growing company and with the minimum wage having gone up this has satisfied what I was hoping for.
Pros
Career opportunities and new management team
Cons
Old minimum wage
Don't do it.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2017
Completely disorganized, and the management makes every attempt to micromanage. Be prepared for passive aggressive meetings and emails from HR on a regular basis, the bare minimum of pay for the work you do, and don't do any doubles, no matter what.

Their break policy is you get five minutes break for every two hours you work, and with six hour shifts you get fifteen minutes(and usually not consecutively). Mind you, the Labor Board clarifies that for each five hours worked, you should receive a 30 minute meal break. If you work a double shift, you work for six hours, and have a scheduled 30minute break, then another six hours.

You are constantly being monitered so they can make sure you are being productive, even if there are no calls coming in.
Pros
You get a discount of two dollars off the delivery charge if you order liquor.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Easy going and full paid benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Unlike most of the comments on this company, I can say, it's probably old employees who got fired because they didn't do their job properly.

This company does have lower then average wages, but after your 6 months, the company pays for your benefits.
This alone is worth a lot more then $1 an hour.

This is a growing company, and now services Ottawa, Toronto and SmithsFalls.

If you are looking for a secure job, these guys have been around for over 15 years in the industry.
Pros
Paid Benefits. Flexible hours and shifts
Review
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
this is a great place to work, but they do under pay there staff... They tend to give you a day off each week then make you work it, at the start this is ok.
Cons
no breaks
Save yourself some time and look elsewhere
CSA (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario9 July 2015
CONS: You'll be under appreciated, Under payed, no chance for advancement. The equipment is old, cheap and dirty and broken, Zero benefits, staff is constantly changing as no one wants to stay and work for such a terrible company, Minimum wage, 28 hrs/week (unless someone quits and you're expected to pull double shifts) The job is basically a joke as you're expected to be verbally abused by over served customers day after day. super repetitive. The call center is located on an industrial road and the buses don''t run after a certain time. Management and HR are useless.
PRO: You'll meet a few good people who deserve much better.
Pros
Small Staff
Great company and atmosphere
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2015
From reading the previous review, you may be turned off to work here. I wasn't there when those issues occurred over a year ago, but I can say there have been a lot of improvements since new HR and management came in. As to the other review, yes it is a minimum wage job, but so are a lot of other jobs which are much more demanding. And like other jobs, there are pay increases the longer you work.

As for the breaks, those are scheduled and there is no monitoring of agents.

The team itself is very friendly, close-knit and look out for each other whether its drivers, CSRs or management.

If you enjoy working with people, are a team player and have a positive attitude, you'll fit in just fine. There's limited advancement within the company because of their size, but the experience and references alone will make up for that shall you choose to move on.

Great job if you're looking to lay some roots and gain some valuable team and call centre experience with flexible shifts for drivers and CSR's alike. I returned to school this winter but would definitely have kept it otherwise.
Pros
Small office, Flexible Schedule, Tips for drivers, Reliable Management
Cons
On Star Top Road which can be hard to get to late at night by bus