Diageo

Diageo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overview of the SNP role
Supply Network Planner (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NetherlandsMay 30, 2013
Pros: spirit allocation, extra holidays, international environment, good atmosphere, fun, fast business pace, flexibility, ability to work from home
Cons: salary growth over time
I started my career at Diageo in August 2011 with a first supply chain job.
My rigorous backgrounds in engineering as well as my previous work experiences have given me the opportunity to not only strengthen my analytical and scientific reasoning skills but also to build strong relationships with stakeholders in an international environment.

My current – more... position in the European Planning Team has helped me understand the supply chain complexity within Diageo while learning the planning roles of the department.

I have been delivering weekly production plans for two production lines located in two different plants. I have a full vision of the supply network, taking into account market forecast, orders, demand and supply constraints, exceptions to the plan, inventory, customer service and product innovation.
The second aspect of the Diageo network planning is the supply management of a SMR market (South Africa). It gives in-market insights by doing strategic replenishment and working with demand and logistics to ensure OTIF delivery. – less
Only the best makes you better
Training/Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2013
Pros: working with great people
Cons: trying to find time to relax
No day would be the same in this role, which was great, you never knew what was the next item you would need to manage.

Extensive travel, fast pace environment, working with great teams and managers, made this a fantastic role.

At times there was no life balance just work but the satisfaction of watching a great event that you had help to create was – more... worth the loss of personal time. – less
great employees, clean environment
Bottling line worker, Health and Saftey rep (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: job security, unknown future of facility and lack of communication
Very unorganized, but good environment to work, there is a lot of close working conditions which is nice, although there are a lot of communication problems between shift supervisors.
Great employer, HR function is not very good.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTNovember 7, 2012
Pros: free product allowance, access to some nice company perks
Cons: hr function is not very helpful, does not approach situations with any uniqueness- everything is process-driven.
I worked for this company for 3.5 years and by far was one of the best employers I had. However I hit a snag which no longer allowed me to work and live in the United Kingdom, and the HR function was incredibly unhelpful in trying to assist me or help me with some of the personal situations in my life.

I would love to work for this company again despite – more... the shortcomings from HR. – less
Quit a job that I shouldn't have for this one.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJuly 18, 2014
This job is terribly managed. Only worked there for a year. I worked my butt off and any of them care less. They made sure they won an award for best place to work in Illinois then two weeks later announced layoffs and lower people's pay drastically. That company ruined a lot of people lives. They was not losing money at all. Just greed that has to – more... come from the share holders. I found out first time what birddog meant never heard that word before. When I say terribly manage we found emails that was sent from manager to manager in detail to "birddog" employees. This is upper management! Now a CEO can make decision to layoff but he make 11mill a year? I will never understand that but I guess that's the way things are. I had a job before I worked there. I thought I can make more and enjoy working for a reputable company. That wasn't the case. Their attitude and this is all the way up the chain of this company is : keep them drunk make more money. Because if alcohol wasn't addictive then they wouldn't be in business. – less
Solid place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 25, 2014
Solid place to work...lots of change. Sometimes loses its way in terms of what it is trying to accomplish.
OK Place
Risk Manager (Former Employee), Baltimmore, MDJune 17, 2014
Great Pay and Insurance. No work/life balance. Long hours, high management turnover.
SAP SD Consultant
SAP SD Consultant. - Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaJune 17, 2014
Participation in the Analysis and Design of the Functional and Technical specification of interfaces, reports, forms, programs, user-exits, etc.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJune 11, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: job insecurity
Each day brought a different challenge and a new experience. I was able to learn so many different skills from stock control to people management. I was able to work with many different characters in my time with Diageo both in management and on the shop floor and this made my time both interesting and challenging.

The part of my job that I most enjoyed – more... was being able to consistently achieving targets, with the downfalls being job insecurity. – less
Fun friendly workplace
Events and Marketing (Current Employee), LondonJune 5, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: food v expensive and in the building in the middle of no where
Best place to work, Bar is fantastic,Flexibility on times,great place to work
High Energy, Dynamic and Performance Driven
North America Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 1, 2014
I spend the majority of my time partnering with our HR Business Partners to create and execute learning plans for all functions in North America. I manage a number of stakeholders and have visibility to senior leadership. Most of my co-workers are remote so I spend a significant amount of time connecting via email and phone. The hardest part of my current – more... role was to get up to speed quickly on the expectations of my stakeholders and become the expert in our region on learning interventions. I enjoy my role because it allows me to positively impact our organization and help to build capabilities thus affecting the quality of our talent. – less
Productive and enjoyable
Warehouse/ Filling store/ Cooperage operator (Former Employee), Cambus AlloaMay 28, 2014
I started as a temp with Diageo. my contract was then took over by brightwork. I worked there for almost 3 year gaining knowledge in warehousing, filling store and also in the cooperage. Having worked ther for so long I met some fantastic people to which i have now became friends with.
Challenge and joy of Africa
Route to Consumer Supply Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Netherlands, Cameroon, GhanaMay 26, 2014
I got the opportunity to move as an Expat to Africa.
I am now experiencing Ghana and before Cameroon.
This job is into project management to move from current route to market (Key distributors ) to a 1000 customers (retailers, wholesalers...).
That brings to set up several new distribution centers and the adequate service to supply and satisfy our new – more... customers.
I work in a friendly environment.
Challenges seat mainly to move at the right pace considering all challenges that Africa can bring.
The most enjoyable part is when we move into action like recently the depot for pilot went live and we started supplying new customers.
Also, I really enjoy when assumptions are confirmed, processes are working and costs related match what we expected.
I dont give up easily and I like when I am facing strong challenges.
I also believe deeply in the power of the relationships that can unlock and enable anything. – less
Dynamic and forward thinking company
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: fun events & employee perks
Cons: long hours & no work/life balance
Diageo is a great place to work with world class brands with a diverse culture and thinking. As with all large companies that are owned by shareholders, you have to contuously drive profit through innovation and keeping costs low. This makes for a very fast paced & ambitious work environment, but most of the employees thrive under this type of pressure, – more... as the results and acheivements are so rewarding. But at the same time, it has become less fun and more relentless as the years have gone on. – less
Money focused
Human Resources Director (Current Employee), NorwalkMay 19, 2014
Company is money focused. They talk about engagement until there is a slip in the numbers. While employees are being terminated, management is getting promotions.
Experienced Health & Safety Manager
Senior Project Safety Manager (Current Employee), UK Head office, Ireland and AfricaMay 11, 2014
Working as the client senior project safety manager during multiple Capital investment projects through the Africa region of the business.

Leading a team of safety co-ordinators across 12 countries during capital investment projects up to £110 million.

Advising and supporting a team of project managers in the requirements of the corporate safety requirements – more... and UK legislation.

Maintaining project safety plans and auditing the supplier safety files

International travel being based within the Africa region for 8week rotations – less
Nice place to work
Finished Goods Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Relay, MDMay 8, 2014
Pros: free give aways
Cons: to far away from home long commute
Loading and unloading of merchandise,learned how to blend different liquors management was has on but with respect to your knowledge co workers were like family hardest part of my job was leaving most enjoyable part was the friendships you develop.
great team, dinamic position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRMay 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, flexible hours
Cons: temporary job
Excellent workplace and coworkers.
Different responsibilities and tasks.
Represent a company of good quality products.
Fun place to work
Senior HR Transformation Analyst (Current Employee), LondonApril 25, 2014
Pros: product allowance, share allocations, good pension
A fun place to work ith premium brands that are kept alive across the buisness irrespective of function or level. there is clarity on where the buisness is going strategically and how we are going to get there.
Exciting and fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 24, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: isolated location no options for dining out.
Busy days. Excellent manager. Lovely co-workers. Nothing hard about my job. The people and products/brands are the most enjoyable part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Diageo

Diageo's company parties must be the talk of the town. It is the leading premium spirits business in the world by volume, net – Read more

Diageo Photos