DFI

DFI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor, declining environment of expectations..
Welder Mechanic (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: very few
Cons: unsure of company policies as what is written is not always followed
I would not work here again if it was the last place to work in Canada. Tenure and production matters very little. It's a personality driven company where it's more important to be liked than produce...
If the owners don't like you at first glance..your days are numbered.
Good group of guys, not a bad job if you don't have a life.
Rigger (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime when there is work
Cons: lack of notice for any
My personal experience with DFI overall was satisfactory. The labour is very intensive and personally think their riggers should be paid a lot more than they are. Dispatch is very unorganized and will give you zero notice for any upcoming jobs. There would be days where I report for work in town and end up leaving for 21 days on an hours notice, drug test with less than an hours notice. There is no work/lifestyle balance which makes the job horrific at times.
I loved this company
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 12+ hours, amazing pay.
Cons: location? middle of nowhere in alberta.
I had worked for the Grande Cashe Location, while there I had the chance to experience alot while living on the work site. I loved my boss and coworkers, very inexperience friendly and would recommend this employer to anyone.
Confusing
Logistics (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 28, 2013
Pros: decent pay, great office view, 3 weeks holidays
Cons: manager is the district managers puppet, office admin has way to much control and mechanic is incredibly moody.
Seamed like a great place. They said all the right things and made all the right moves......to your face that is. Lots of office drama and what management tells you and what happens are completely different things. There was times that things ran smoothly. There is lots of family working in this company so beware. Life at this company will boggle your mind at times. I do like what the company stands for but the people that are in place could use some tweaking.

About DFI