DFI Employee Reviews

dfi was a good and safe job i had fun
swamper (Former Employee) –  grande cache2 September 2016
I had worked for the Grande Cashe Location, while there I had the chance to experience alot and IT was the safest job i ever worked and you work hard they reword u and the guys that put it down are lazy i was a swamper for a picker truck 33 and i miss the truck and the workers had some good times there
Good when busy
Boom Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2016
Work was very varied and lots of travel time, when things were busy we were very busy. Not a whole lot of time off though, unless things were slow in which case we got too much time off. No proper rotation or employee management which is a big downside. Money was good when busy though.
Pros
Travel at full wage.
Cons
No rotation for out of town/province employees.
Stay Away from this Company if you can ...Seriously
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton17 July 2015
Please stay away from this company if you can. I mean it ... Seriously. This is the worst company. Most people here are backstabbers. They try to act sweet but they are all fake. They will tell you nice things during hire but everything is different afterwards. There is always a feeling of negative atmosphere. This is like a family business. Management is very poor. Overall VERY BAD COMPANY. If you have other offer with less salary than DFI, just take the other one, trust me you will not regret.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Rude people, Fake promises
Not Recommended
HET (Former Employee) –  edmonton6 May 2016
Massive company from the outside but it runs on a skeleton crew. Labor takes a hit every time things slow down. Massive layoffs and wage and hourly rollbacks in the last year of staggering proportion. Branches closing. Pretty sketchy maintenance practices at times.
If your looking for long term this is not the place. Bottom of pay scale in all departments especially qualified trades people. They use foreign workers for cheaper labor when possible. The maintenance side runs like a farm operation no planning just damage control.
Pros
Big Facility
Cons
No job stability
former rigger
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE... its full of empty promises pay is terrible after their wage cuts you wont have any sort of social life get minimal notice for out of town work. you have to have dispatches permission to have a life.expect to arrive at a sight with a drill or track crane and have it break down....
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Stay away
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2016
Bad company full of empty promises and always feel like you work in a negative environment VERY LOW PAY compare to other pilling companies stay away from this company !!!
Confusing
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Red Deer28 May 2013
Seamed like a great place. They said all the right things and made all the right moves......to your face that is. Lots of office drama and what management tells you and what happens are completely different things. There was times that things ran smoothly. There is lots of family working in this company so beware. Life at this company will boggle your mind at times. I do like what the company stands for but the people that are in place could use some tweaking.
Pros
Decent pay, Great office view, 3 weeks holidays
Cons
Manager is the district managers puppet, Office Admin has way to much control and mechanic is incredibly moody.
A great place to work a wonderful group of people
Data entry and confidential filing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2015
Working for DFI is challenging and also a lot of fun. It is a place where you can grow in your skills and advance as you learn. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Poor, declining environment of expectations..
Welder Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta6 July 2015
I would not work here again if it was the last place to work in Canada. Tenure and production matters very little. It's a personality driven company where it's more important to be liked than produce...
If the owners don't like you at first glance..your days are numbered.
Pros
very few
Cons
unsure of company policies as what is written is not always followed
Good group of guys, not a bad job if you don't have a life.
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2015
My personal experience with DFI overall was satisfactory. The labour is very intensive and personally think their riggers should be paid a lot more than they are. Dispatch is very unorganized and will give you zero notice for any upcoming jobs. There would be days where I report for work in town and end up leaving for 21 days on an hours notice, drug test with less than an hours notice. There is no work/lifestyle balance which makes the job horrific at times.
Pros
Lots of overtime when there is work
Cons
Lack of notice for any
Great company
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2015
A company really success with a lot of future on the construction industry, Is a great experience work at DFI cause you learn a lot of driven piles and pipe mill production.
I loved this company
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB1 February 2015
I had worked for the Grande Cashe Location, while there I had the chance to experience alot while living on the work site. I loved my boss and coworkers, very inexperience friendly and would recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
12+ hours, amazing pay.
Cons
Location? middle of nowhere in Alberta.

2.8