DFI Employee Reviews in Canada

Stay away
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2016
Bad company full of empty promises and always feel like you work in a negative environment VERY LOW PAY compare to other pilling companies stay away from this company !!!
Not Recommended
HET (Former Employee) –  edmontonMay 6, 2016
Massive company from the outside but it runs on a skeleton crew. Labor takes a hit every time things slow down. Massive layoffs and wage and hourly rollbacks in the last year of staggering proportion. Branches closing. Pretty sketchy maintenance practices at times.
If your looking for long term this is not the place. Bottom of pay scale in all departments especially qualified trades people. They use foreign workers for cheaper labor when possible. The maintenance side runs like a farm operation no planning just damage control.
Pros
Big Facility
Cons
No job stability
Great company
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2015
A company really success with a lot of future on the construction industry, Is a great experience work at DFI cause you learn a lot of driven piles and pipe mill production.
Stay Away from this Company if you can ...Seriously
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 17, 2015
Please stay away from this company if you can. I mean it ... Seriously. This is the worst company. Most people here are backstabbers. They try to act sweet but they are all fake. They will tell you nice things during hire but everything is different afterwards. There is always a feeling of negative atmosphere. This is like a family business. Management is very poor. Overall VERY BAD COMPANY. If you have other offer with less salary than DFI, just take the other one, trust me you will not regret.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Rude people, Fake promises
Poor, declining environment of expectations..
Welder Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
I would not work here again if it was the last place to work in Canada. Tenure and production matters very little. It's a personality driven company where it's more important to be liked than produce...
If the owners don't like you at first glance..your days are numbered.
Pros
very few
Cons
unsure of company policies as what is written is not always followed
Good group of guys, not a bad job if you don't have a life.
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
My personal experience with DFI overall was satisfactory. The labour is very intensive and personally think their riggers should be paid a lot more than they are. Dispatch is very unorganized and will give you zero notice for any upcoming jobs. There would be days where I report for work in town and end up leaving for 21 days on an hours notice, drug test with less than an hours notice. There is no work/lifestyle balance which makes the job horrific at times.
Pros
lots of overtime when there is work
Cons
lack of notice for any
I loved this company
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, ABFebruary 1, 2015
I had worked for the Grande Cashe Location, while there I had the chance to experience alot while living on the work site. I loved my boss and coworkers, very inexperience friendly and would recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
12+ hours, amazing pay.
Cons
location? middle of nowhere in alberta.
Confusing
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Red DeerMay 28, 2013
Seamed like a great place. They said all the right things and made all the right moves......to your face that is. Lots of office drama and what management tells you and what happens are completely different things. There was times that things ran smoothly. There is lots of family working in this company so beware. Life at this company will boggle your mind at times. I do like what the company stands for but the people that are in place could use some tweaking.
Pros
decent pay, great office view, 3 weeks holidays
Cons
manager is the district managers puppet, office admin has way to much control and mechanic is incredibly moody.

2.6