DeVry

DeVry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Taught online classes for Nursing for Devry
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee), onlineMay 2, 2014
Enhanced student experiences through guided threaded discussions, graded assignments, counseled students.
Encouraging place to work
Career Services Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 29, 2014
Sitting in front of a computer and looking for job leads to post on a bulletin board for students to check for companies that are hiring in the area.
Not a bad place to work.
IT Helpdesk Technical Support Specialist I (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 28, 2014
Pros: laid back work
Cons: management
Not a bad place to work, just wanted to grow outside of higher ed.
IT Department
IT Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 27, 2014
Helping other students to moping floors. What I learned from that job was to enjoy what ever you doing. The hardest part of the job was waiting for something to happen. The part I enjoyed the most fixing anything that happened.
Great company to work for!
Director of University Partnerships (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: industry uncertainty, career ladders (growth)
I've learned so much in my tenure at this company. They really care about student success and outcomes. They do business in a compliant and ethical manner. I've been fortunate to work with great leaders who have taught me the difference between managing and leading a team. I have been encouraged to learn and grow personally and professionally and as – more... a result i have accomplished many wonderful things in this organization including being a 6 time PRIDE member for strong performance and leadership. – less
nice place to work
D.E.M. Call Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 24, 2014
I loved Devry University and what they had to offer. There were no dislikes about this company.
Gives you the ability to balance work and life
Career Counselor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job stability
Working with the students at DeVry is very rewarding and I always look forward to meeting new students and assisting them with their educational and career needs.
Horrible work experience
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Working with the Dean's in Academic Affairs was not a pleasant environment. Most of the Dean's commented on students who came to their office for help/issue. They acted like it was a bother. No wonder enrollment continues to decline. A horrible work place
Productive and fun work enviornment
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: use resorces for homework while working, academic holidays and breaks
Cons: limited hours, long shifts
I helped to catalog and code library books and equipment, checked materials in and out and maintain records, helped students and faculty in using all materials in the LRC, help maintain the visual presentation of the library, and provided tutorial services. I have learned how to maintain inventory and different research methods. Management and co-workers – more... are friendly and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was moving and changing entire sections of book and materials. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patrons and co-workers. – less
Great job while in school
Testing Proctor (Former Employee), Addison, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: able to do schoolwork while working
Cons: low pay
Great work while attending school. I could get homework done, while making money. I loved working with all the students, and faculty was amazing.
Help Desk Analyst
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Crystal City, VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: low pay
Help students Log on to the WIFI, add objects into domain, re-image machine,update software, install or unistall applications, paper run to each department, fix printer jams, replace toner, inventory
Happiness goes a long way
Recruiter/Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 9, 2014
I have learned to be more patient and kind while helping my participants with their daily activities at the day care. Also, it such a great reward when you know that you have made them happy because you have helped them in your own small way.
A typical work day
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
I ensure to provide a customer friendly environment at all times.
Dependable
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Addison, ILMarch 27, 2014
I’m looking for an opportunity to make a difference within anything that pertains to be a part of a successful team. I’m able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment and I possess an attentive quality and an eye for detail.

My demeanor is very professional yet pleasant. I have the ability to interface with people using – more... tact and diplomacy. Critical thinking and problem solving are some of my areas of strength along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills. I’m looking for a position that will provide challenges and opportunities to developing personally and professionally. – less
Good Company with limited advancement opportunity (After a time)
Specialist III (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
DeVry cares about its employees. They have good benefits, and they attempt to provide frequent team building activities and opportunities.
On any given day, multitasking is at the forefront of my activities. I am trained to complete a wide variety of different requests. I find myself completing at least one of each type every day. It is a fast-paced – more... environment which keeps you on your toes. I enjoy this aspect of my work immensely.
I have learned how to interact with both customers and all levels of management. This position has also further ingrained in me the value of flexibility and versatility in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job is at the end of each session, when the volume of our requests spikes. As with any job though, the most difficult time is also the most rewarding time. It brings out the best in most employees and allows them to prove their worth.
As for my co-workers, I love them. If I find employment elsewhere, saying goodbye to them will be exceedingly difficult for me. They are easily the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
All of this being said, once you reach level III in any department within DeVry, advancement becomes arduous due to a dearth of openings at the next level. – less
Higher Education
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAMarch 24, 2014
Assist Undergraduate and graduate students with Day to day needs, registration, financial Aid.etc.
The Professors Were Great to Work With
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment. access to professors.
Cons: low pay
Typical Day at Work - Receive homework and lab assignments from the professor. Grade and record homework and lab assignments. Be ready to assist students in the lab area.

Management - The professors were great. One of them gave me some "latitude" to give an "ultimatum" to students of an "Introduction to C Programming" class, because the students were – more... trying to take advantage of me in completing their homework.

Coworkers - I did not have much interaction with the other Faculty Assistants; it was more about working with the professors to ease their burden. The professors were great to work with because of their friendly and professional manner.

The Hardest Part of the Job - Keeping up with the Introduction to C Programming homework assignments. It was more than just looking at answers from the Instructor's book; it was looking to see if the assignment was done correctly, in terms of the plan of the software program, and the execution of writing the code correctly.

To see the students succeed to the next level. – less
Adjunct
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Great place to work as an adjunct. I teach English Composition, Literature, Technical Writing courses at DeVry. Students are mature and consistently eager to learn. Dean of the University is understanding and accommodating concerning work load.
working at DeVry has been an rewarding experience to work in a diversity work place. I enjoyed the time while working at DeVry. The Staff members was
Registrar Department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: working at devry was a great experience.
A typical day while working at DeVry has been a day I looked forward to come to work. I made it my business to connect with the knowledge my of my co-workers in the registrar office they showed me different ways of using the costumer service tactics while working in the registrar office I connect with the students and other staff member within DeVry. – more... The hardest part of the job is to connect to the job duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning part of different function of the job. Meaning learn the new technology of the duties of the job. I learn how to have the enjoyably experience of learn new things as it come to the job performance of being knowledgeable. What more can I say about the Devry registrar Department but it was rewarding to work with them. – less
Learning from the work environment I am currently in.
Part-time Federal Student worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 14, 2014
My present work consists of going through documents and sorting them out. After that the documents will be scanned and indexed onto the system. I am learning how to work in an office environment and the culture of the company.

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more