DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Higher Education
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAMarch 24, 2014
Assist Undergraduate and graduate students with Day to day needs, registration, financial Aid.etc.
The Professors Were Great to Work With
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment. access to professors.
Cons: low pay
Typical Day at Work - Receive homework and lab assignments from the professor. Grade and record homework and lab assignments. Be ready to assist students in the lab area.

Management - The professors were great. One of them gave me some "latitude" to give an "ultimatum" to students of an "Introduction to C Programming" class, because the students were – more... trying to take advantage of me in completing their homework.

Coworkers - I did not have much interaction with the other Faculty Assistants; it was more about working with the professors to ease their burden. The professors were great to work with because of their friendly and professional manner.

The Hardest Part of the Job - Keeping up with the Introduction to C Programming homework assignments. It was more than just looking at answers from the Instructor's book; it was looking to see if the assignment was done correctly, in terms of the plan of the software program, and the execution of writing the code correctly.

To see the students succeed to the next level. – less
Adjunct
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Great place to work as an adjunct. I teach English Composition, Literature, Technical Writing courses at DeVry. Students are mature and consistently eager to learn. Dean of the University is understanding and accommodating concerning work load.
working at DeVry has been an rewarding experience to work in a diversity work place. I enjoyed the time while working at DeVry. The Staff members was
Registrar Department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: working at devry was a great experience.
A typical day while working at DeVry has been a day I looked forward to come to work. I made it my business to connect with the knowledge my of my co-workers in the registrar office they showed me different ways of using the costumer service tactics while working in the registrar office I connect with the students and other staff member within DeVry. – more... The hardest part of the job is to connect to the job duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning part of different function of the job. Meaning learn the new technology of the duties of the job. I learn how to have the enjoyably experience of learn new things as it come to the job performance of being knowledgeable. What more can I say about the Devry registrar Department but it was rewarding to work with them. – less
Learning from the work environment I am currently in.
Part-time Federal Student worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 14, 2014
My present work consists of going through documents and sorting them out. After that the documents will be scanned and indexed onto the system. I am learning how to work in an office environment and the culture of the company.
Productive and fun workplace. Enjoyed interacting with students everyday. Worked with a fantastic team of people.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: due to low enrollment i was part of a national reduction in force, it was sad to leave my team and the students i was in the process of working with.
Each day brought something new. Met with new students and guided existing students. Management was always willing to help you to succeed. Hardest part of the job was the incoming of new leads. Had no control over the # of leads coming in. Was randomly assigned new prospects. I learned persistance is a necessity to getting some students to commit to – more... continuing their education. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a new student and watching them grow and continue their education. They would come to me often just to let me know of their success. Made me feel like I did my job well. – less
Great Company!
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great environment, great work life balance ( wfh options ) good benefits
Cons: very very poor compensation and not much room for growth or advancement.
DeVry is a Great company overall, but very poor compensation. Loved working there. Compensation and lack of advancement opportunities lead me away to seek other options.
Great place to learn to be a professional
Career Services Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 5, 2014
The management team here is great and have helped me in my development of becoming the professional I want to be.
good benefit
janitor/ custodial (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: bonus....vacations......training excellent
Cons: too many meetings........busy to work
busy place to work but nice staff.......focus on everyday assigment......keep track of work orders
SCHOOL
STUDENT (Current Employee), Miramar, FLFebruary 27, 2014
DEVRY IS A GREAT SCHOOL. TENDED TO MY NEEDS QUITE WELL. CLASSES WERE FAIR. TEACHERS WERE GREAT.
Managed the Student Account Office under the direction of a corporation.
Director of Student Accounts (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: working with a great staff, and assisting students in understanding the cost for their education.
Cons: working for a large corporation managed university.
My daily responsibilities include managing 15 office staff, managing the receivables for the universities, attending meetings with students, staff, and management and technology departments.

I have learned that communication is important in management and working with a corporation. My management skills are fair, productive, and efficient in creating – more... an efficient work environment.

The hardest part of my job would be delivering bad news to my staff.

The most enjoyable part would be creating a good work environment for staff and assisting students with continuing their education. – less
I was a student worker while I attended classes
Student Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: this gave me some income while i took some classes
Cons: i was not busy enough
I handled multi-line phone system, greeted clients and potential students.
Productive work environment with great benefits and management
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Seattle MetroFebruary 18, 2014
It was a joy and pleasure to work for DeVry and my team members. Along with a full benefits package including education benefits.
Easy Printshop Job
Print-shop Employee (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: easy shifts
Cons: can get very busy.
Job was easy nothing too hard, hardest part of the job would be compensating for the printer if it went down.
Productive Workplace
Student Worker - Library Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: quiet, peaceful, can get a lot of work done either school or work-related
Cons: job only lasts as long as you are a student
A typical day at work is be at the front desk helping students check books out and/or reserve conference rooms. The workplace, since it is a library, is always quiet which allows better focus on the job. My boss was a really kind person and we often worked together without any problems at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work – more... on my schoolwork when all of the day's tasks were done and when there are no students in the library – less
A fantastic job in every way.
Instructor (Current Employee), OnlineFebruary 16, 2014
I love working for DeVry, both currently as an online instructor, and when I was an onsite instructor. It is a very organized, efficient, and supportive place to work, which is why I have now been working for the University for almost eight years.
Great Place to work!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Addison, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Staff is friendly and professional. Learned how to recruit for admission advisors.
DeVry Summary for FWS
Federal Work Study Student Central (Current Employee), Pomona, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great work experience while education
Cons: not enough pay
Front Desk answering phone, filing, projects when asked by employees, fafsa, student loan quizes.
Fast paced, fun and organized
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
Good work environment. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Best part of the job is the comradely and events being held. Typical day at work was reaching out and interviewing potential students about their choice of college and programs of choice and to make sure they were ok with that decision being made.
Productive and busy, never a dull moment.
STUDENT SUCCESS COACH (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: micro management
A typical day at work was overall pleasant and productive. Usually, in the beginning of the week (Monday) we start with a department meeting and than start our day. It starts with communicating with different departments and also with students, catching up with emails/phone calls. Contacting each students in our portfolio and letting them know of their – more... progress/weakness.

I have learned critical thinking, analyzing and staying calm as well "listening" to customers/students and find out what the actual problem is as well as many other critical skills such as being patient but still aggressive (when needed) to make sure the job is done on time and accurately.

As far as management, it was mostly centralized and micro managed. Not much freedom.

One of of the best team of co-workers I have ever worked with.

Honestly, I didn't find anything too hard except for the fact that it was micro managed and the middle management was made of people who were there for many many years and resistant to change.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the job required to communicate (both verbally and written) with not only the customers but also with different departments/management plus it also required to analyze and think critically all the time which was great according to my personality and interest. – less

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more