DeVry

DeVry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
DeVry University
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), OHJuly 7, 2014
DeVry is an okay place to work, but there are constant layoffs.
Productive at all times.
Library Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I believe working at DeVry has a most enlightening experience in my life, while getting educated at the same time. The job has always been rewarding when helping student getting things accomnplished in their class's.
Great pay check..very little else
Assistant Director of Admission & Recruiting (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: work from home, great salary
Cons: poor leadership, no mobility
I loved working from home, helping students and getting paid much more than my contemporaries; however if you are a African American male very little chance to advance, and too many white males with egos
For Profit Industry
Admissions Officer II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 28, 2014
Significant changes in "for profit industry," but this company is stellar!
Interesting and informative
Monthly Event and Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJune 28, 2014
The overall atmosphere was good. the work was fun and I learned things from the job
There were alot of very passionate people there
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: make a difference
Cons: high pressure
I enjoyed my job very much. Devry gave me skills to develop professionally.
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Addison, ILJune 19, 2014
Collaborated with a number of schools in the DeVry umbrella to help students achieve their life goals.
Exciting and Family oriented work environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great place to grow within a company
Cons: nothing
I really Enjoyed working for DeVry University as a student worker and would of love the opportunity to be hired on with the company. Through the duration of working for DeVry I obtained many skills and qualifications necessary for a great career. I enjoyed the staff that always made you feel like you were family.
completed already
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Addison, ILJune 16, 2014
Great company to work for.
give you a lot of training on title IV and the R2T4 process. also a lot of military information is given,.
Great learning experience with wonderful people.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaJune 15, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, no corporate politics, (at least at the local level).
Cons: i.t. became way to centralized over the years and lost touch with user needs.
DeVry was an absolutely wonderful place to work. My favorite part of the job was walking away from a users desk with their computer functioning properly and them being able to resume their work with a smile on their face. A typical day would start with answering emails regarding tech questions, repairing printers, pc's, or A/V equipment that had been – more... sent the night before. In my time at DeVry I learned how to install, configure, and maintain everything. Literally everything. Pc's, projectors, printers, laptops, mobile devices, cell phones, and Voip phones. The only down side to DeVry was that the company kept a very strict control over their network from the corporate office in Chicago. I wished that had not been the case as I had built and configured many servers on my own but never got the opportunity to put them in a production environment. It was still good experience though. I would probably still be working for DeVry if not for the company having to go through a few periods of downsizing.
In short...learned a lot. Loved my co-workers and the users I served. Loved my boss. Loved serving the students and making their educational experience and every bit as rewarding as mine was. – less
great work place good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working at devry to bad it was a temp position. the students were great, my co workers were awesome and everyone got along really well
Nice place to work
Specialist I (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJune 10, 2014
The people are friendly and helpful. Management was very fair,
Support Coordinator Assistant; data entry, assist students, answer/make calls, copy, fax, scan documents for use, email students information.
Student Central Assistant (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: short break
I was a part-time student-worker, a typical day would be checking emails first when I logged into the system. Moved on to documents that needed to be scanned, answer phone calls all day, assist students with any questions they had, set up appointments for them to speak their academic or financial advisor, etc. It was a great experience learning what – more... goes on behind a desk at a University, my co-workers were all hard workers, my supervisors were easy to talk to when I had a question, and being able to be a student & worker at the same time. – less
Good company
Director of University Partnerships (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 5, 2014
A strong brand with, with a lot of positives. Management has a clear vision of how to move the organization forward, despite ongoing internal restructuring.
enjoyed the fun atmostphere and helping others suceed
Certified Tutor (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: fun work place, good pay, andthe joy of sucess
Cons: hours
I have learned multiple ways to teach others what I have learned and have done this job managed and un-managed. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had a close relationship. The hardest part about this job was communicating what the students feel to the professors without offending their professional skills as a teacher.
Excellant jjob while working for the Dean of Students while studying electronics.
Dean of students Mr. Julian Schmoke (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: excellant job of work study.
Cons: undergrad is always difficult.
I main intent is to finish school at DeVry University, unfornately my finances as with my students makes it diffucult to finish attending school, therefore: I need a full time job and balance to continue and finish.
Fun and productive
Student Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 29, 2014
As i was a student and employed at DeVry, the staff were very friendly and understanding. I enjoyed my time there, assisting the deans, the registrar and others in the department. I've learned quite a lot there, and mostly i have learned how to deal with people and handle sensitive information.
Great place to work as an IT Technician/Supportq
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2014
Had a great learning experience with the team, the manager/boss was a great person. Very fun environment when working with students.
Great Students
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS ADVISOR, LEVEL II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: onsite classes for students
Cons: culture
Very student focused, offers great education to students. Great customer service. Able to cross sell easily.
Great programs, good admin. and great students
Visiting Professor (Current Employee), Fremont, CA MetroMay 24, 2014
The organization does everything it can to benefit the students and the employees in fat times and lean.
Teaching blended classes I start my day with checking the on-line class shell to find out what the activity has been or if I have students waiting for answers to questions they have posted.
If I have onsite classes that day I find the classroom clean, – more... the in ceiling projector working.
Management is fair and will try to get you what you want in assignments. The students come first but that still leaves a good deal of room to fit your schedule. My colleagues are professionals and carry their weight but are willing to help out if one of us has an issue. – less

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more