DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Educational Option
Director of University Partnerships (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great example
Cons: job instability
-Great benefits

-Advancement in other entities with DeVry Educational Group but must be willing to relocate.

- Job instability
Great Benefits.
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), IllinoisJanuary 28, 2014
Great health insurance benefits. The hardest part is the location.
Good Place to start at
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 23, 2014
It was good start out to a career. Fun people to work with at the time, but not a "forever job".
Stressful workplace
Senior Advisor (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Call center
Outbound dialing
Typically behind on budget forecast
Constant pressure of enrollment numbers from management
Private University Library
Director's Assistant, Tutor, Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: low wage
Enjoyed working as a student-worker for my university while I attended. Working as a tutor taught me that there are many different kinds of clients who will each require their own attention and care. As an assistant to my director I helped schedule meeting, reviewed projects by other students,and assisted with grading.
Military Liaison
Military Liaison (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Leveraged superior subject matter knowledge and interpersonal skill to provide informed guidance to Veteran-status students regarding Veteran Affairs Education Programs and certifications. Diligently monitored the population and well-being of Veteran-status students through the creation and maintenance of a student database. Collaborated with local – more... non-profit businesses to orchestrate the successful planning and execution of charity events and fundraisers to assist Veterans. – less
Fun place to work
Academic Mentor (Former Employee), Tinley ParkJanuary 15, 2014
Facilities are up-to-date, people were inviting, fun to collaborate with.
Close working team of fellow students; interacted with students daily
Receptionist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: work load was part time flexible each semester; permission to do homework in down times
Cons: short breaks
The staff worked to give flexible hours for students attending full time. I learned to share work with a varied work force. Management was very good to work with in explaining what tasks needed to be done each day.
DeVry Uni
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: once students started school, and have the drive to complete their degree
Cons: helping students, when they were not able to go to school, for every reasons
Overall what was always important is for students to farther their education to have more opportunities with employment. Helping student to overcome objections and showing value for education
Alittle about myself.
IT Help Desk Technician Nevada (Current Employee), Henderson, NV. 89012January 7, 2014
Pros: honest and great ethics
Cons: plan for the worst and hope for the best, do what is necessary for completion of a communications project.
An extremely hard worker and student. I really have enjoyed working here at DeVry University and upon graduation I plan to really put my skills to work for a professional company such as Switch.
Fun low pay
Information Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee), 60477January 6, 2014
Great job for working and going to school but doesn't pay the bills like the student loans you have to pay devry back. Most employees are devry graduates.
A good start as a first job
Library Assistant (Current Employee), chicago ILJanuary 4, 2014
I went to school at DeVry and worked there. It was a good start as a first job, but not something for a long-term job.
educational and advancement in technology
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good health benefits and 401k
In a typical day at work, respond to email, review employees performance, monitor intranet help desk tickets, and assist end users with technical inquiries.

I have learned how to built image, deploy images, and how to manage a team.

My co-workers are supportive and helpful.

The challenge in my job is to work overtime to complete high priority projects – more... in order to meet deadlines. – less
Executive Advisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2013
The people at DeVry are awesome. I really enjoyed each and every person I worked with. They made coming to work and long nights enjoyable.
Worker/Student
Administrative Student Worker (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PADecember 11, 2013
It was great for the moment that I needed it; if you want to become a enrollment counselor; it would be another opportunity to be apart of sales but other than that be open minded, because there are alot of opportunities.
A good start as a first job
IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 8, 2013
Fun place to work.
Online Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: fun and busy
Very busy days included interviews of prospective students, Admissions paperwork, Entry testing and following up with new students to ensure their confidence and eliminate any concerns by adrressing issues.
Good management skills developmet
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2013
Manage a team of 11 admissions advisors. Thius includes daily leadership, training, development and accountability. This job provided me with excellent skills of multitasking and developed my leadership skills. The hardest part of the job was not having a control to promote my employees or at least have saying in it. The most enjoyable part of this – more... job was working with people directly and managing my team and business. Also, helping people achieve their educational and career goals is something I really enjoyed doing. – less
Had a great time!
Student Success Coach (Former Employee), Chicago land, ILDecember 3, 2013
I had a great time working for DeVry University. Co-workers were always willing to help each other. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was that they kept downsizing and work was becoming overwhelming. The student population was also complaining that they were not being serviced.
Financial Aid Director
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 27, 2013
Supervised a staff of 7, working in the Financial Aid Office and Student Finance Office which included running the book store at the campus.
Strong Leadership and Support with DeVry upper management
Left DeVry University for job growth

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more

DeVry Photos