DeVry

DeVry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Oriented Workplace
Center Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: interaction with students and faculty as well as fun clerk and data entry functions
Cons: insurance was never offered to me, even though i constantly asked for it.
This place was filled with students, faculty and co-workers. It was a very busy and loud environment, yet very cheerful and uplifting. There was a lot of work to get done, but both the management and co-workers worked hard to make things happen, semester after semester. The hardest part of the job was when I worked with the dean to create a degree navigator – more... program for each of the the past, present and future students. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work and interaction with people in general. – less
Dictator Style Management
Former Associate Professor (Former Employee), Pomona, CAOctober 16, 2014
DeVry's management is run in a dictator style. Professors are not valued, benefits are not honored and if you call them on their errors, you will be blocked from being assigned classes.
Productive and fast pace.
High School Programs Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good managment.
Cons: cutbacks.
I was very lucky to be part of a great team. We all looked out for each other and everyone knew what their duties were . I had a clear understanding of my job and what was expected of me. My managers were always there to answer my questions. As a High School Presenter I was never bored.
Fun students!
Graduate Advisor/Community Outreach (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: you have your own office
Cons: unrealistic goals
100 dials a day to schedule 2 appointments a day. Goal is to close 20 prospective students a month.
Great Place for Diversity
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2014
Great place for Diversity that allows one to mentor and give pack to the community through professional educational Lecture and facilitation .
Started out great with good potential. But no future.
HELP DESK (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime.
The company went with a much stronger password confusing many users. My job was to reset their passwords. Sometimes several times.

Then towards the end, a few of us were taking ALL helpdesk calls without any training or access to systems the users were calling in about.

Co-workers were good group to work with.

Hardest part of the job was providing – more... support on systems I knew nothing about. – less
Great place to re-enforce your education
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: easy money due to the job being right on campus.
Cons: easy money, but not the best. the job does make up for it.
I worked in the ASC which assisted students with their current studies, understanding of the material, and homework assignments. I was fortunate enough to work with a great deal of people who I would see outside of school and hang out with.

The management was very friendly and willing work around your schedule because A) They kind of have to due to – more... you being in school to work there and B) realize that people have lives outside of school and work. There are many positions available to work in this department and just about all of them allow you to re-enforce your own education by teaching other, reviewing from past classes, and during down times allowing you to study for your own current classes.

This is a great opportunity for anyone currently in school. However, you can only work here during your tenure and not after you graduate. – less
Great Place to work
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 6, 2014
Nice school to prepare yourself for the workforce, education is key to higher paying salaries and at DeVry you can accomplish just that.
LOVE DEVRY
Tutor for Mathematics,Computer Information systems (Former Employee), houston, txOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: only 20 hours
GREAT PLACE to work, good people, good hours. Everyone is soo nice there and understanding. Also got help with my computer homework
Great team of colleagues
Campus Director (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
Pros: colleagues i worked with
Cons: political environment at home office
My role was to support my team. Gain buy in of the goals; determine what tools they need to achieve the goals and provide them; then get out of their way so they can do their job. Always inspect what you expect, but if the right people are in the right role, success will be achieved. The right culture is imperative in achieving teamwork and collaboration.
Great Organization and People
Advisor (Former Employee), ILSeptember 28, 2014
The Staff at DeVry is dedicated to student success. I enjoyed working for them.
Great benefits and personal satisfaction
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary, promotions
I worked for DeVry University for the last two years. Even though the salary is way lower I expected to be, there are quite of few benefits that makes DeVry a good place to work. For example free tuition to continue your education, paid vacation, 401K....
Unfortunately the advancement opportunities are limited at my location. I have a competitive personality – more... and I describe myself more of a hunter rather then a farmer so is hard seeing reaching the goals yet not being compensate fairly. I feel like DeVry is the place to work for someone who likes daily routine. I love challenge and the compensations that comes with reaching the quota. On the other hand I love the opportunity to help students achieve their goals, which is the highlight of my day.
Overall a good place to work – less
I like helping others with their goals in life.
Student Service Advisor (Former Employee), Addison, ILSeptember 26, 2014
I learned Title IV loans. I loved talking to the nurses about their jobs.
very very good place to work
Assistant Professor of Digital Electronics (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity to stay abreast of technology
Cons: i found no fought with devry
I absolutely loved working in the education field. It was a great atmosphere and people friendly place to work.
Productive environment
Bachelors Student, Pomona (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2014
I expanding my mind. Learning is my forte. Educational environment
Loved working here
High School Programs Representative (Current Employee), Henderson NVSeptember 18, 2014
Great boss great co workers and a very fun place to work!

Wished my boss would have stayed here:)
School Renview
Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2014
Expensive institution. Study to get your moneys worth. Instructors have real world experiences.
Great place to work.
Student Finance Consultant II (Promotion) (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2014
Will work in a office and take care of student financial account and meet with them when they had questions.
Great place to work!
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: hours
Great place to work. I learned about team work, great management style, respect for its employees. great coworkers.
Kept my skills sharp
Student/Faculty Assistant/Math Tutor (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Tutoring at DeVry kept me on my toes. I also learned a lot more about math that I did not know or struggled with before. A typical day for me was being in the tutor lab. I would have several students at one time doing different things. When they needed help I would guide them to the correct answer or give them an example.

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more