DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Part time work
Faculty Assistance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2013
Pros: perfect hours while studying
Cons: long marking papers
This was a part time work while i completed my degree with DeVry.
Educational organizations are beneficial to work for.
Tutor/Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: educational institution
Cons: little wages
Constantly learning period. Educated people around to work for and work with. Discounts to attend classes and take courses. I benefited very much.
Great place to learn electronics
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: met new people each day
Cons: some technologies were outdated
Assisted the instructors as a faculty assistant. Able to show younger students what I had learned.
Enjoyed teaching
Tutor /FA (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 4, 2012
Enjoyed teaching Cobol as I had done it previously in India.
Great benefits and personal satisfaction
Student Finance Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary, promotions
I worked for DeVry University for the last two years. Even though the salary is way lower I expected to be, there are quite of few benefits that makes DeVry a good place to work. For example free tuition to continue your education, paid vacation, 401K....
Unfortunately the advancement opportunities are limited at my location. I have a competitive personality – more... and I describe myself more of a hunter rather then a farmer so is hard seeing reaching the goals yet not being compensate fairly. I feel like DeVry is the place to work for someone who likes daily routine. I love challenge and the compensations that comes with reaching the quota. On the other hand I love the opportunity to help students achieve their goals, which is the highlight of my day.
Overall a good place to work – less
I like helping others with their goals in life.
Student Service Advisor (Former Employee), Addison, ILSeptember 26, 2014
I learned Title IV loans. I loved talking to the nurses about their jobs.
very very good place to work
Assistant Professor of Digital Electronics (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity to stay abreast of technology
Cons: i found no fought with devry
I absolutely loved working in the education field. It was a great atmosphere and people friendly place to work.
Productive environment
Bachelors Student, Pomona (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2014
I expanding my mind. Learning is my forte. Educational environment
Loved working here
High School Programs Representative (Current Employee), Henderson NVSeptember 18, 2014
Great boss great co workers and a very fun place to work!

Wished my boss would have stayed here:)
School Renview
Technology Instructor (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2014
Expensive institution. Study to get your moneys worth. Instructors have real world experiences.
Great place to work.
Student Finance Consultant II (Promotion) (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2014
Will work in a office and take care of student financial account and meet with them when they had questions.
Great place to work!
Student Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: hours
Great place to work. I learned about team work, great management style, respect for its employees. great coworkers.
Kept my skills sharp
Student/Faculty Assistant/Math Tutor (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Tutoring at DeVry kept me on my toes. I also learned a lot more about math that I did not know or struggled with before. A typical day for me was being in the tutor lab. I would have several students at one time doing different things. When they needed help I would guide them to the correct answer or give them an example.
Most Rewarding Company.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington and King of Prussia PASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great training, nice lead flow and benefits package, as well as, very personable.
Cons: did not like seeing co-workers leaving so often.
I really enjoyed working at DeVry this was my very first Admissions position and it prepared me for every Admissions job I have had. The training was awesome and consistent.
My manager effectively managed us without micro managing.
The benefits package was great and there was a good balance between home life and work.
The programs were good and the – more... quality of student applying was A+ I would work there again given the opportunity.
There revolving door of Admissions Reps we a little bothersome but I was there for quite sometime and only left there because of relocation. – less
Student worker
Registrar Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: my work and class were in the same building
Cons: the pay for student workers is minimum wage.
Wonderful workplace with fun atmosphere, ran like an well oiled machine and that's why everything got done.
Productive and fun workplace
Federal Work Study (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 4, 2014
Great learning experience. As a student worker there are many tasks to learn which helps build you for your professional career in the future. Filing, scanning, indexing, answering phone calls, planning events, catering calls, and helping students is just some of the work here.
Productitive
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: monthly campus lunch days
Cons: low pay
Was able to teach classes fun environment. Fast paced organization with very dedicated people
its ok for short term
Assistant (Former Employee), ColtonAugust 25, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of new people
Cons: management
It is all about management.Our center lost our dean so they brought in the dean from the nearest Campus. This was terrible because after she cam everyone started taking sides and gossiping and everything went down hill. The work load changes frequently and teamwork is just not there because management does not do their job right.
DeVry is an excellent University. The small classes are more personal and the Professors are more than willing to work with you.
Student (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: staff support, free tutoring, small class size, close location.
Cons: can't think of any, thanks.
The classes at DeVry are condensed and the degrees take less time than larger 4-year colleges. The smaller class sizes allow more personal interaction with others and the instructor.

Studying Health Service Management covered all aspects of the ever-changing Healthcare Business. (See Education section)

The staff was always there and very helpful in – more... every way possible. It was comforting to know they were there to arm you with the knowledge necessary to move forward in your education and your new career.

Besides the general difficulty in learning anything new, there was nothing hard about getting the education needed to change careers.

The whole experience of gaining more knowledge in a field of Healthcare was enjoyable. – less
Excellent company if you want to work in higher education
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great environment, making adifference in higher education
As a student worker I was not compensated in the same manner as a person if hired on with the company. I did enjoy staying busy and learning new tasks everyday. My co workers were amazing and we always got along.

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more