DeVry

DeVry Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Part time work
Faculty Assistance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2013
Pros: perfect hours while studying
Cons: long marking papers
This was a part time work while i completed my degree with DeVry.
Educational organizations are beneficial to work for.
Tutor/Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: educational institution
Cons: little wages
Constantly learning period. Educated people around to work for and work with. Discounts to attend classes and take courses. I benefited very much.
Great place to learn electronics
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
Pros: met new people each day
Cons: some technologies were outdated
Assisted the instructors as a faculty assistant. Able to show younger students what I had learned.
Enjoyed teaching
Tutor /FA (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 4, 2012
Enjoyed teaching Cobol as I had done it previously in India.
DeVry is an excellent University. The small classes are more personal and the Professors are more than willing to work with you.
Student (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: staff support, free tutoring, small class size, close location.
Cons: can't think of any, thanks.
The classes at DeVry are condensed and the degrees take less time than larger 4-year colleges. The smaller class sizes allow more personal interaction with others and the instructor.

Studying Health Service Management covered all aspects of the ever-changing Healthcare Business. (See Education section)

The staff was always there and very helpful in – more... every way possible. It was comforting to know they were there to arm you with the knowledge necessary to move forward in your education and your new career.

Besides the general difficulty in learning anything new, there was nothing hard about getting the education needed to change careers.

The whole experience of gaining more knowledge in a field of Healthcare was enjoyable. – less
Excellent company if you want to work in higher education
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great environment, making adifference in higher education
As a student worker I was not compensated in the same manner as a person if hired on with the company. I did enjoy staying busy and learning new tasks everyday. My co workers were amazing and we always got along.
Great Job But needed better training
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: a little freedom
Cons: long hours, lack of training
Little to no training. Learned as I went. Not sure how things are now. Must be comfortable speaking in front of highschool students who, lets face it, are brutal sometimes. Long hours. Follow up with interested students at their homes which can be interesting. The biggest issue I had was management interested in their own sales quotas instead of taking – more... the time to properly mentor. – less
Interesting place to work
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: different hours each day some early some late.
Cons: no set consistent hourly schedule.
A typical day at work is for me to start the day with checking to see what task need to be completed. I turn on the lights, log on to my computer and log in to the necessary systems. I do my necessary task and answer phones servicing students on a daily basis. What I've learned is how to interact with many differnet types of people. I'm also learning – more... how to mange my work for the day. Management is great where I work. They are fair and are willing to work with you about anything. The hardest part of my job are dealing with students that get frustrated about personal things. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great conversations I get to have sometimes with my colleagues and students that I service. – less
Associate Director, Career Services (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2014
Great Regionally Accredited College for the working professional. Great people to work with and great benefits.
Productive and busy environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2014
Working for Devry was overall a good experience. I had great hours and the faculty and students were great. The most enjoyable part of my job at Devry was the appreciation I got from the faculty and students for being their security. The hardest part of my Job at devry was when I had to kick out people that did not belong in the school.
Learned
NFSW Tech I helpdesk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: constant blaming
management was out of touch with the needs and requirements of the customers
Teaching assistant responsible for tutoring
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: lots of study time
Typical day is assisting the faculty with their agenda and tutoring students in the current material.
This postition enabled me to see the institution in a different way and encouraged me to persue further opportunities in the future.
Management was great and really enjoyed this position.
Co-workers were all positive and energetic. Great place to work.
There – more... really was no hard part of this position. It was very enjoyable to sit in the class and re-learn the material as well as have the opportunity to assist students to improve their knowledge base. – less
Academic Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJuly 29, 2014
DeVry University, Fort Washington Campus was an awesome place to work. I was a student employee there and the team I worked with was wonderful and was like a second family to me.
DeVry
Student Finance Analyst I (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: reduction to over time
Typical work load varies based upon number of tasks assigned. I have learned a great deal about TIV funding. Co-workers have always been willing to help with tasks when needed and provide knowledge and experience. Hardest part of the job is learning all of the different rules and regulations involved when processing accounts.
Productive educational environment
Adjunct Faculty - Business (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ability to design your own schedule.
Cons: classes are only the duration of 8 weeks.
Classrrom instruction for adult learners in higher education environment.
Feels like a car sale showroom
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: sales culture
Work long hours, it is all about selling programs and make believe that you care about the prospects' interests.
Review Summary
Student Assistant Librarian (Current Employee), Campus LibraryJuly 15, 2014
Pros: team work
DeVry University is a great university to attend as a student. The only downfall is that student employees are only allowed to work 20 hours per week, though the Federal Work/Study program allows up to 30 hours per week.
Great place to work as a Student
Tutor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good hours, great people to work with
Cons: low pay
I feel like this is the best possible job for a student. You get a great balance between doing work and being able to handle your own class work. Being a tutor is also a great way to stay proficient in some of studies you may have gotten rusty with. Overall I have no complaints
DeVry University
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), OHJuly 7, 2014
DeVry is an okay place to work, but there are constant layoffs.
Productive at all times.
Library Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I believe working at DeVry has a most enlightening experience in my life, while getting educated at the same time. The job has always been rewarding when helping student getting things accomnplished in their class's.

1 2 3 4 5

About DeVry

It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit educational – Read more