The Unit Clerk provides front line customer service to residents, potential residents, staff, contractors, and other service providers. The Unit Clerk also assists the Community Wellness Manager in the direction of resident care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
Communications and Public Relations
- Welcome and greet residents and visitors, answer questions, and direct people to the appropriate locations.
- Assist with sales, as required (tour prospective residents and provide applicable support and information).
- Ensure residents receive clear, regular, and effective communications (welcome packages, monthly door drops, notices, newsletters, etc.).
- Answering incoming phone calls and direct accordingly.
Customer Service and Relationship Management
- Serve as an advocate for our residents with respect to needs and requirements.
- Handle emergencies and provide support to families, as requested.
- Ensure adequate notification has been given to residents regarding maintenance or inspections.
- Provide relief/coverage for main reception desk
- Co-ordinate & direct resident/family concerns to appropriate personnel
Quality Assurance – Care
- Assist nursing team with daily room audits
- Assist nursing team with portering residents to and from programs and/or meals
- Coordinate in-service education and coordination and tracking for nursing team
- Coordinate, track and schedule ECHO program orientation checklist, competencies, probationary and performance reviews for nursing team. Print documents, calendar reminders to Wellness Manager.
- Attend daily report as required
- Complete incident reports as required
- Answer all questions regarding moves.
- Assess cleanliness and/or damage of suite upon receipt of move out notice and advise Community Manager and/or head office as required.
- Post notices on all levels regarding day and time of moves.
- Reserve elevator and advise maintenance to install elevator pads.
- Release keys, when necessary.
- Communicate move In/Out process to families
- Promote and handle bookings of the guest suite as stipulated under approved rules for renting, including collection and refunds of deposits and charges.
- Keep an inventory of room reservations.
- Issue room keys or cards, receive payment from guests, inquire about satisfaction with their stay, respond to reservation inquiries, and record guest comments.
- Issue receipt of payment as confirmation of bookings and submit all collected monies to head office each month.
- Arrange for vacated guests suites to be cleaned, prepared, and repaired, if necessary.
- Safeguard and update all master keys that access all common areas including the guest suite(s), exercise room, garbage room, mechanical and electrical rooms, elevator room, and elevator.
General Administration and Reporting
- Complete/Update staffing schedule for Nursing team
- Enter Employee hours for Payroll every two weeks
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
- Maintain and update resident files, telephone directory for site, parking stall record, Birthday list for social, resident names in front entrances, etc.
- Inventory, order, and maintain sufficient stock of office supplies.
- Perform other clerical duties as required
Indeed - 22 months ago