Closing Date: October 29, 2012 at 0900H
POSITION AVAILABLE – Food Service Aide
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Part Time
WAGE RATE - Dependant on Qualified Experience
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, or designate, the Food Service Aide provides all aspects of service in the dining room, resident lounges, room service, common areas and suites for residents, tenants, guests and the public. Participates in food preparation and the maintenance of a safe, sanitary workplace. Responds to resident, tenant, and building emergencies if necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, and tray delivery and pick up from Resident Communities. Service includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, teas and special events.
- Preparation and portioning of food, beverages and accompaniments.
- Assist with general preparation and presentation of food under the direction of the cook or designate.
- Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including clean up and setting of tables and the cleaning of the preparation and service areas; scrapes and stacks/racks dishes and transports them to ware washing.
- Operates a commercial dish washing machine
- Assists in washing all dish wares, and pot wares.
- Cares for equipment, supplies and work area through the following: cleans and keeps equipment clean and safely stored. Reports defective or damaged equipment and furnishings, keeps work area in an orderly, safe and clean condition. Keeps inventory in order on individual carts, understands the use and application of cleaning chemicals.
- Practices and maintains established standards for proper cleanliness as sanitation required by the Health Department and the facility.
- Stocks cupboards and refrigerators on resident communities and service kitchens per standardized quotas. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among co-workers, other departments, residents and the public.
- Participates in meetings and educational in-services.
- Participates in care centre committees and quality improvement initiatives.
- The Duties and Responsibilities outlined about are representative, but not all-inclusive to the scope of this position
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- “Food Safe” Certificate and current WHMIS training, and asset.
- Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service.
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written skills.
- Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
A. Physical Demands:
The Food Services Aide (FSA) position requires a significant amount of lifting, walking, reaching, bending, pushing and sitting. In an average day, the employee spends 4 to 7 hours standing and walking, lifts a maximum of 30 lbs to waist level and engages in frequent lifting or carrying of 15 lbs.
B. Psychological Demands:
The Food Services Aide (FSA) position requires a significant amount of problem solving, flexibility in dealing with residents, co-workers and families and the ability to manage stressful situations in a positive and respectful manner.
C. Special Attributes:
The Food Services Aide (FSA) position requires an individual to:
- Be well groomed, adhere to the care centre's dress code policy
- Be a team player and work in a constructive manner with co-workers and other departments
- Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of the position.
- Promotes, encourages and demonstrates excellent customer relations and consistently shows courtesy, caring, understanding, compassion and respect for residents, families, visitors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention
- Adheres to safe work practices and procedures;
- Promotes and fosters our workplace Health and Safety Program a safe environment for co-workers, residents, families, visitors and volunteers
- Responsible for maintaining self-wellness and reduced absenteeism
A CURRENT AND CLEAR CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW EMPLOYEES
Indeed - 7 months ago
Visit the Devonshire Care Home website to learn more about our award-winning care home, our quality accredited care, recent media releases a...