Devon Energy

Devon Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work Environment
Land Technician 2 (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Great work environment with team players and great management leaders.
Perfect job
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere to work in
Cons: santa fe energy sold to devon and let go after 12.5 years
I worked in records department filing and retrieving documents for other departments.
Awesome place to work with an outstanding family environment.
EHS Professinal (Former Employee), Bridgeport, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: excellent work/home life balance
My typical day at Devon consisted of co-worker and vendor/contractor interaction with about 25-30% spent in the field conducting location inspections, NORM and Sound surveys and making sure that our employees were working safely and properly.
Great organization with plenty of room for advancement
Office Services Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: in house training, gym
Devon Energy is a great company to work for. They offer plenty of in house advancement with plenty of in house courses to improve your chances.
In feild support was great
Consultant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, TXJuly 3, 2013
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: lack of longevity
Onsite well supervision. All facets of drilling, on your own hands on type situation. Very knowledgeable company ownership. Worked daily with drilling contractors without problem. The hardest part is and will always be, being away from home. Most enjoyable is the sense of accomplishment at the end of every well.
Great company to work for
Business IT Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2013
Treat their employees well. Plenty of opportunities for advancement.
I wish I would have never left.
Primary Lease Operator (Former Employee), Carthage, TXJune 24, 2013
Leaving Devon to go to work for Well Master is very close to the top of the list of things I wish I had never done.
Awsome Place to Have A Career!
Records Associate (Former Employee), OKMay 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, bounses
Cons: none.
Typical day consisted of pulling files requested by users.
learned basic knowledge about Oil & Gas.
Management throughout Company were great.
Hardest part of job was delivering files throughout the company.
Walking from building to building when there was bad weather.
Most enjoyable part was working for a company that was well known in the community – more... for it contributions. – less
Compensation is Great but Require Long Days and Weekend Work
Geologist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2013
Pros: high compensation
Cons: lot's of overtime
I was a geologist at Devon. I had a great income with great benefits. However, at the same time, I had to earn that income by putting in extra hours each day and some weekend and overnight work was required. Overall it was a great place to work with nice people, but at times I did feel like I was just a number.
Great company
Windows 7 Project Management Team (Contractor) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2013
Cons: salary
Great working environment, Culture and insane employee benefits
Very Productive and great place to work but...
Field End User Support (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2013
I was very productive at Devon. There was never a day when I was twiddling my fingers. Great people to work with. Unfortunately, there are some managers who should not be in their current role. Most of the managers are very knowledgeable and will go out on a limb for you. Others will just push their work on you at the last minute and really wont address – more... problems to you, rather to other people and hopefully you are in good with them to find out – less
Great company heading in wrong direction
Land (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: office in houston, texas (closing), wellness center, the people in houston
Cons: officers and directors more interested in rebuilding oklahoma city and less with shareholder value, like many companies - becoming an it and supply chain company.
Great company heading in the wrong direction;
Mergers were all about jobs for Oklahoma;
I've learned alot about the Land business;
Management was great and would try to help if possible;
The best part of my job - the co-workers / the people!
Fun and enjoyable enviroment
Division Order Tech (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: location, healthcare
Assist the Division Order Analyst in the processing of division orders and transfer orders. Maintained the department well files for each analyst.

Enjoyed my co-worker and we worked well as a team.
Company is not interested in hiring good employees
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Baggs, WyomingFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: don't know of any?
Cons: definately against the employee and their welfare.
This is a cold corporate environment. Potential employees have to submit to frustration during their application and management doesn't really want to be bothered. Their job description is meant to lure good people, but their application methods are demeaning and clumsy. They chase more good people away.

March 12, 2013

Devon's philosophy transcends borders..

Unrestrictive and Promotes Education
Geoscience Technologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: 9/80 schedules; dress code; tuition reimbursement program
Cons: location;
The amazing culture of improvement at Devon was a huge plus. Training was not frowned upon at Devon. Managers encouraged employees to take a certain number of necessary courses per year. Also Devon provided reimbursement for employees that wanted to attend Universities for continual education. At times, the company even allowed for using company hours – more... to attend those courses. – less
Time at Devon Energy
Production Accounting (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2013
* Typical day envolves happy employees who always have smiles on their faces and are willing to help.
* I learned that it is possible to have an enjoyable work enviornment while also being able to perform reuired duties.
Devon is among the nation's leading U.S.-based independent gas and oil producers and independent processors of natural gas and natural gas liquids in
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityJanuary 3, 2013
• Involved in gathering business requirements, helped in creating Functional Spec document and created Technical Spec/data mapping documents.
• Build ETL mappings to pull data from SAP Sources, OHD(Open Hub Destination), SQL Server, Oracle, flat files to SQL server target database.
• Designed and developed mappings with optimal performance using Aggregator, – more... Java, Joiner, Normalizer, Rank, Sequence Generator, SQL, Un-Cached & various kinds of Cached Lookup , Connected-Unconnected-Source Target pre and post load Stored Procedure Transformations ,Update Strategy , Union, XML Transformations ,etc.
• Extensive experience in mappings which include pulling data from SAP R/3, ECC sources and generating, installing ABAP program for these mappings.
• Hands on experience in creating SAP ECC transport requests for the mapping including ABAP programs.
• Extensive experience in using SAP GUI for windows and using transaction codes SE09, SE80 etc. and create Work bench requests for the ECC transport request.
• Used Normalizer Transformation to normalize data from COBOL sources and used Aggregators to De-normalize records to create one record.
• Implemented SCD methodology including Type 1, Type 2 changes to keep track of historical data.
• Used Devon home grown tool Devon ABC(Audit, Balance, control) for audit process including storing the parameter values, Event and Process Management.
• Devon ABC is used to override mapping parameter, mapping Variables, Workflow Variables, Session Parameters, Ftp Session Parameters and Source-Target Application Connection parameters.
• Extensive experience in using the Devon Data Manager for business users or some one without technological knowledge to trigger the Adhoc informatica workflows/Tidal jobs.
• Extensively used pre-session and post-session variable assignment for simulating multithreading scenarios for Load balancing and performance improvement.
• Edited different kinds of Partition points and Created partitions to improve performance by activating multiple Transformation Threads for optimal use of system resources.
• Extensive experience with Tidal Enterprise scheduler(Tidal 6.0) to create Tidal jobs for the informatica workflows to schedule the Daily Loads, Weekly Loads, Quarterly Loads and Adhoc Loads using Incremental Loading Strategy.
• Monitored the jobs daily and involved in production support including immediate fixes for the production job failures.
• Documented test case scenario’s and test plans data for the mappings developed. – less
Good place to work with lots of challenges and potential to grow.
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: challenging and rewarding work environment
Cons: excessive travel at times
Unfortunately, Devon has decided to close the Houston office and I did not want to relocate to Oklahoma City. I supported the Business Continuity department for the past 4 years and also supported the company as a Life Safety first responder.
Awesome Opportunity
Process Developer (Consultant) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2012
Devon energy allowed me to be me. I was free to train in my style and allow me to control my class in the way I see fit. It was an awesome opportunity.
Great Company to Work for
Sr. Systems Analyst(SA)/Business Analyst(BA) (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2012
Pros: professional work environment
Cons: minimum for tuition reimbursement
Very good working environment.
Employees are very professional and helpful

About Devon Energy

Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in – Read more