Devon Energy Employee Review

View all Devon Energy reviews

Fun environment
Assistant Plant Operator (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Fairview, AB2 August 2013
Its a rotating shift work with 12 hours per shift, 28 days rotation. I learned Natural Gas process from wells to sales. The management were nice, they are very concerned about safety of individual. My mentors were great, taught me safety procedures, like doing repairs. They are very supportive. Hardest part of the Job is you have to work in any type of weather condition but I dont mind it. The most enjoyable part of this job is everyday challenge. You have to use all your senses.
Pros
profit sharing for regular employees
Cons
no pay for practicum students

Other Devon Energy Employee Reviews

Productive, Respectful, and Fun Work Environment
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
One thing that keeps Devon above many producer companies is gender equality. This even extends to working in their fields up North. In general, understanding of individuals and their varied needs is well taken into account in this company.
Really good
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 August 2017
was super good to work for, they bought me on with no operating experience and was willing to train me. it was all good until CNRL bought out Devon and I was let go.
Pros
Great area
Cons
CNRL bought them out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2