Devon is looking for an Operator Trainee to join our Fairview South team. Based out of the Rycroft/Spirit River area, the successful candidate will help to ensure safe and efficient operation of our Plant and Field Infrastructure.
Environment, Health & Safety and Regulatory Performance is a critical component of our overall success at Devon Canada and as such this position calls for a high level of excellence in respect to Health and Safety, requiring you to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
- Operate and monitor sweet and sour gas wells
- Optimize and trouble shoot daily well production and monitor fluid levels
- In field pigging, gas well plunger optimization, pumping oil wells, produced water injection
- Daily input and balancing of data into PVR
- Ensure consistent processes and controls are in place and working effectively to continuously improve safety and compliance performance
- Ensure that facilities are kept in a safe and environmentally friendly condition
- Provide expertise and knowledge to the operation where required
- Troubleshoot operational problems as required
- Maintain equipment and submit work orders as required
This position offers the right candidate variety in their daily work life, learning opportunities and the chance to offer creative solutions. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent planning and organization skills and has the ability to be influential and assertive when necessary. A strong commitment and high level of excellence to Health and Safety is a must.
- High school Diploma
- 4th class ABSA power engineering certificate would be considered an asset
- Gas Plant Operations certification would be considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
This is not a fly in fly out opportunity; candidates should reside in the Rycroft/Spirit River area.