Every day, Devon employees bring their talent, skill and innovative spirit to work. That’s what’s made us a leading independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company, and has helped us rank # 27 on FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 BEST Companies to Work For and # 15 on the 2013 Best Workplaces in Canada list. We’re small enough to feel like a family, but large enough to build a destiny.
Our Red Deer district has an excellent opportunity for a Field Operator. Based out of the Edson area, the successful candidate will help to ensure safe and efficient operation of our sour gas processing facility. This position reports to the Foreman Production.
Environment, Health & Safety and Regulatory Performance is a critical component of our overall success at Devon Canada and as such this position calls for a high level of excellence in respect to Health and Safety, requiring you to anticipate risk and ensure safety in the workplace is a priority.
- Ensure that the facility is operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain positive relationships with landowners, business associates, regulatory agencies and local communities
- Ensure consistent processes and controls are in place and working effectively to continuously improve safety and compliance performance
- Reporting as required to regulatory bodies
- Work with the area Lead Operator to optimize production
- Ensure that facilities are kept in a safe and environmentally friendly condition
- Provide expertise and knowledge to the operation where required
- Troubleshoot operational problems as required
- Maintain equipment as required
This position offers the right candidate variety in their daily work life, learning opportunities and the chance to offer creative solutions. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent planning and organization skills and has the ability to be influential and assertive when necessary. We require someone who is known as an open and honest team player, and who has a positive, engaging attitude. A strong commitment and high level of excellence to Health and Safety is a must.
- 5-10 years of oil and gas operating experience
- Compression and Dehydration experience
- Sound understanding of maintenance/operations as it relates to the safe and efficient production of gas and oil
- Well versed in MS Office, familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems and experience in SAP is an asset
- Availability and willing to work extended hours
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
All interested applicants are invited to apply online at jobs.dvn.com