Front End Web Developer
We are currently searching for outstanding Front End Developer/UI designer located in Kamloops, BC to be a part of our expanding team. You will be working closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop websites and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Website design, user experience design and user testing are all a part of this position. A detail-oriented developer, who can balance desires for perfection with the demands of a rigorous workflow, would be considered ideal for this position.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop highly effective responsive website design and online media
- Architect, code and debug problematic code
- Build against popular Web frameworks and APIs
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
Must have strong skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Help develop innovative solutions for online marketing strategies
- 2 years minimum field experience with HTML, CSS and Java Script
- 2 years minimum field experience with popular CMS software (ie: Word Press, Joomla and Drupal)
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools (eg. Dreamweaver CS4 or later)
- Experience developing and implementing custom interactive tools (eg. Interactive Flash Based maps)
- UI design experience
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability problem solve communicate and troubleshoot technical issues in tight timeframes
Value Added Assets
- Email marketing development and implementation
- Experience reporting on analytics and data
- Background in video editing and interactive media
- Web programming field experience, including PHP and ASP
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Fun, open and flexible environment
- Wage increases based on performance
NOTE: Please include work samples in your application. Ideal candidates have minimum 2 years of experience in the following areas; however consideration will be given to all candidates with proven ability to produce quality examples. This is a full –time position, so no freelancers or agencies please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.