Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employee Reviews in Canada

Good stepping stone
TC (Current Employee) –  VancouverJuly 11, 2012
good place to learn about the industry if you are just starting out. there are some good colleagues in the company who are willing to teach you and make sure you know what you are doing.

management is non existent, until you do something wrong. was never told if i'm doing a good or bad job. would prefer to know the team objectives and goals. asked around with other senior staff, but they didn't know as well.

work load can pile up quickly and you are expected to work overtime to finish it. many times i work till 7pm. i didn't enjoy working late all the time.
Pros
free coffee, nice brand name, lots of work so you learnt quickly
Cons
long hours, non communication from management, pay & benefits can be better
Good company to work for with good people but it is time for me to tackle a new challenge with Panalpina and continue working in the same field
Regional Financial Controller - Eastern Canada (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 5, 2012
DBSchenker is a great company to work for.
2011 was really challenging due to restructuring and too many changes in personnel.
Overall DB is a healthy company but I need to close this chapter and open a new one. With 25 years of experience in the freight business
I am sure I can be in a good position to provide added value to Panalpina.
What I enjoy the most is working with people , I am a team player and work with corresponding operations managers on a regular basis in order to continously improve our productivity and keep our overhead ( operating and personnel ) cost to a respectable level; Monthly analysis of financial results by product and explain the +,(-) deviations to budget and to same period prior year.
Enjoy working on the forecast and the budget by being aggressive enough to push our ops managers and sales reps to continue performing at a high level with expected growth year over year.
Pros
communication and team work
Cons
too many changes with no real and constructive plan
Very Good
OS & P E S & 5S Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2012
Its the best company to work for and be part off, they are taking over mostly all major production companies and labeling them under their DBS umbrella
nice environment, good people
general (Former Employee) –  mississaugaMarch 7, 2012
nice job and environment specially staff but the agency that they work with is not good at all. so many people leave job just because of that agency.
Pros
no botherasation to work quickly
Cons
lunch room
fun workplace and enjoyable work life
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  mississauga, OntarioDecember 19, 2011
At there the supervisor and colleague are nice, teach me a lot of stuff that i dont learn in school. I just graduate at triOS college, i dont have any work experian but they willing to give me a chance to work there and teach with lot of patient.