Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Regional Head (Current Employee), Dubai Regional Head officeSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: exposure in multinational company
Cons: very limitied career path
In my short period in schenker so far i am not impressed by the management approach toward employee career development, no trainings,no orientation and guidance
interesting job, wariety duties and working days
Junior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Praha, STSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free bus pass, extra holiday and paid overtime
Cons: few dificult customers
- communication with different departments - rail, sea, land and countries such as Italy, German, Spain, Holland, England
- organizing parcel´s shipping - worldwide
- support of our team of 10 people including manager
- contact person for VIP customers
- responsible for issuing price lists for VIP customers with free hand to give a discount
- organizing – more... meetings, travelling, hotels, cattering
- ordering office stationery – less
Don't be Fooled
Import Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pay not worth your health
Cons: see my review
I worked for a manager who was the product of being one of those people that bullies their way through everything even to get the position and has a pet snitch for a assistance.

Bax Global and Schenker should have NEVER, merged.

This company will suck the life out of you and then tell you it's your fault.

I know in my years with the company 2 ladies, – more... died. Too much stress at this branch.

They reward public and hostile behavior and force many employees to seek employment far away from this location.

Do yourself a favor---------->RUN and Don't Look Back! – less
Progressive, challenging and productive
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPAugust 21, 2014
Pros: tea breaks
Cons: time keeping
I am at my work station at 08h00, I first check the Inbound report for the day to have an idea of how our day is going to look like,hold a toolbox meeting with my staff, we paln our daily process in accordance with the volumes on the day. We split the team accordingly, paying attention to more challenging issues.Our daily process/operation starts after – more... the meeting, with our daily target we start operations, we thrive to meet our target within the normal working hours to avoid overtime.I therefore attend to all the queries via mail or phone, communicate with Customer Service and our Transporting department (SFX).

I have learned that you will never please everybody, work takes priority, I have also learned that it is very important to have your staff's trust, get to know each and everyone of them as much as possible.

i have an open door policy kind of management, i give my staff a platform to express the feelings/ideas about our operations, come up with ways to improve operations. Give input on how we can improve our processes

I am close to everyone at work from management to the guys on the floor to the Security and the cleaners.

The hardest thing about my job is to keep the staff motiovated at all times, meeting targerts more especially when the volumes spikes.

the most enjoyable part is interacting with people on different levels, getting the job donr as smooth and fast as possible, meeting set targets, facing new challenges everyday. – less
Large Company, Global Reach
Sales Manager - Greater Atlanta (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: big company, stable, global reach
Cons: management and sales structure
Schenker is a major player in the Global Logistics Industry. However, its US operations take a backseat to European interests and that has pampered the competitiveness for the company. It also needs some revamping of its Sales and Management Structure.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Groveport, OHAugust 9, 2014
Typical day consist of coming in getting shift set up for the work day, check emails and paper work to ensure everything is correct and you have any details you may need. What i learned from this job is leadership skills improved my computer knowledge. co- workers are amazing work well together.
Good job to build expreience and to learn frieght forwarding.
Lead Man/ Master Builder (Current Employee), Humble, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learn
Cons: no exceling nor advancement to other postions or pay
Hard work, flexible, work while attending school, and good experience working with and networking with numerous of air freight company's.
Good people, nothing out of the ordinary
Triangular Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJuly 29, 2014
It's a fairly good company to work for, if you've been in the industry for a long time.
Fanatastic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJuly 27, 2014
Best place to work ever.... I will always appreciate my experience and encourage others to apply for UPS
Productive and exciting workplace.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Houston txJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consists of me going in and the 1st thing I do every morning is an audit on what the previous shift has done. Then I orchestrate a plan to get rid of any descrepancies. Working here ive learned how to use time more efficient and wisely. Management is the part where i take responsibility for for all of the stcok in the building – more... and make sure its replenished ahead of time. My co workers are the best. The hardest part of the job is eating lunch in 30 minutes. The most enjoyable part is when every shipment is on time. – less
Hope you already know what you are doing
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: $75 voucer for steel toe shoes for full time associates
Cons: everything else
As a hourly associate there was very little training provided, once promoted to salary supervisor there was even less training, you are expected to, and even told to figure it out on your own.
I enjoyed my work and helping others with their work, Upper Management not so people friendly or employee loyalty.
Air Import Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: business casual attire
Cons: expensive healthcare, no raises!
I enjoyed working at DB Schenker alot.
I give them a 3 for not giving out raises for 8 years and not keeping up with economic hardships.
another 3 for high cost of Health insurance, no profit sharing.
I give a 4 for ease of learning Procars system,
i give my Manager E.V. a 5 for always helping us no matter how swamped she was.
Key account manage review summary
Key account manager (Former Employee), Shanghai ChinaJune 26, 2014
Daily mail and conference call by English for Global accounts implementation/Analyzed/ identified market opportunities and RFQ preparing/ solve problem of outstanding/damage/Claim/complaint and monthly report preparing.
Coordinated with dedicated/chemical OP team to handle hazardous and complex normal international/domestics shipments (included cool – more... chain/temperature-control,high value and chemical shipments)
Included Air and Ocean freight, warehousing, land transportation/Rail project operation teams and DB Global and Regional account manager.

I learned freight forwarding/3rd party logistics/Domestics distribution/Harzardous and cold chain shipment operation requirements.
Meanwhile, learned communication/coordination with different countries person in charge.

Managed Key account assistant to monitor/tracking global account critical shipments and trainning them to prepare report/presentations.

Coorperation with dedicated/chemical OP team to handle hazardous and complex normal international/domestics shipments (included cool chain/temperature-control,high value and chemical shipments)
Included Air and Ocean freight, customs affairs, warehousing, land transportation/Rail project operation teams, financial, legal department and DB Global and Regional account manager.
And communication/negotiation with Logsitics/supply chain/precurement team of local/regional customers. .

The hardest part of the job the keep smooth communication with good coordination with customer externally and different operation teams internally.

The most enjoyable part of the job is succeed in completing critical projects of global account after solving prolbem. – less
Great place
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJune 10, 2014
fantastic place to work staff team are brilliant and the customers made the job
good
Route Driver (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 10, 2014
delivery driver is the boston area, also in the cambride area and east boston and chelsea.
Love my job but, I need something that has oppurtunities for advancement and raises
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), Troy, OHApril 24, 2014
Work is simple and keeps me busy.
I am the only one from my company that works in my location.
Results driven, goal oriented work environment
C&C Collector, Sr (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: brand new office building
Cons: driving distance from home
Account analysis to collect on unpaid customer invoices and reduce overall company bad debt
Many excellent team members; most enjoyable part is interacting with them and helping each other
I've improved my Excel skills and learned new software applications
Had no clue what they where getting themselves into.
N/A (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 20, 2014
Took over a distribution center and had no clue at all what they were getting themselves into and is probably why the building is closing. Management was good as well as co-workers which was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was acting like you enjoy it. Bounced us all around to different shifts as well as different buildings. If – more... you want to make good money then go for it, If you want a long term career then stay away. – less
Good pay but physically consuming
Case Pick & Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 18, 2014
Overall The work and pay is good, but the workload and overtime is extreme. If you have the free time and nothing else in your life going on then this is the place for you. The job offered good benefits and pay but the workload is just too much for the body.
Not a bad company to work for
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee), Bethlehem PAMarch 18, 2014
Typical work day consisted of a meeting in the morning to discuss the days work load and goals.
Inspection of equipment such as forklift or in my case cherry picker.

I learned management of inventory along with customer needs.
Mangement was well organized and worked well with employees.

Hardest part of my job was fixing problems such as dumped product – more... at higher elevations. However i was trained for this and did it well.

Most enjoyable part of my job was was problem sovling and helpng floor employees with their problems or questions about physical items or the computer system we used. – less