Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Case Pick Operator (Former Employee), west branch, iowaDecember 31, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day consist of 12 hours. You learn alot about logistics. Plus supply and demand first hand because incoming orders. Co workers make the environment comfortable and relaxing. The hardest part will be endurance to go 12 hours because it takes half your day.
Typical office hall and norms
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), North-East Penang Island, M07December 25, 2014
Pros: there are quite lenient with the work time schedule (you can punch in after 45 min)
Cons: health benefits (not very secured) and promotions (chances are very slim)
The job is fine as long as you can handle the pressure and the work load.
Very friendly and proactive co-workers.
The issues are the chain of command (customer service department) and the management of the human resources department.
Flexible manager and fun work place
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), North-East Penang Island, M07December 3, 2014
• Advanced in Microsoft Office.
• Fluently in Bahasa Melayu and English.
• Self-confident and can work with a team.
• Committed and fully responsible.
• Potential and fast learner.
• Able to work under minimize supervision
Product driven hierarchy. High emphasis on continued productivity and process improvements.
Workstream Leader for Management Evaulation Team (Current Employee), Romulus, MINovember 30, 2014
Pros: competitive pay.
Cons: weekly out of town travel.
An average day for me involves implementing and supporting new initiatives as determined by upper management. This means working with branch operations for all modes of transport along with aligning with management for status updates and recommended changes. The most challenging portion of the job is the weekly travel. The best part of this job is being able to train and work with the desk level operations.
safe place to work with regular pay
Head of logistics operations (Former Employee), PolandNovember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits package
Cons: there is no boundary between work and private time
*monitoring the work of subordinate offices, monitoring of the magazine (TAPA),daytime setting priorities,
solving problems,development discussions with employees,
teleconferences with the client and with foreign partners
*leadership, diagnosing behavior, achieving the goals, motivating people,
*open for cooperation,ready to achieve goals,consensus on leadership
*lack FTEs
*own decision-making
Confidential
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, CONovember 18, 2014
Confidential due to non-compete and unwilling to discuss at this time.
Rewarding career for the Hardworking and Potential candidates
ASSISTANT MANAGER - SALES / BRANCH IN CHARGE (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APNovember 14, 2014
A good MNC GFF Co. which helps us both personally and professionally by adjusting their requirements with our potential rather than vice versa as in most cases.

Gives complete support from all side to attain the set of goals or targets

Most enjoyable part of the job is that we get rewarded with from all peers,seniors,management every time we do a good job which make us happier all the time and also monetary benefits are also there as we think mostly.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), HoustonNovember 12, 2014
Customer service; coordinate picking, shipping, etc. Challenge to keep up with changes and managers moving around. Cases are
Quiet job, not what was expected
Supervisor /Team Leader - Breakdown & Recovery (Current Employee), Millerhill EdinburghNovember 4, 2014
Pros: training and time off between shifts .
Cons: not getting to do the job we are trained for regularly enough.
5 week continental shift work mostly 12 hour shifts. The training was excellent all aspects of job covered. Management was not good, don't think it was down to an individual more to do with man power and budget. Good bunch of gents at work though morale was not great. The hardest part of the job was filling in the 12 hour shift if there was'nt a call out. The call outs were definately the most enjoyable part of the job just don't get many.
productive, but not a fun workplace
Warehouse Associate/Dock Operator (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: a free lunch, maybe a gift card
Cons: being able to stay employed, turn around rate very high
get the numbers for the day,retention time, and start work.i have learned to focus on the job,try to receive the product as quick and safely as possible place the product in the designated locations and so on until time to go. the hardest part of the job is keeping the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
good place to work in
Customer Service Advisor/revenue inspector (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free bus and metro pass
Cons: standing for long periods and the weather
team members are great to work with and fun
I have learned from my current job that I love helping the puplic
and stick by your colleauges no matter what situation you are in
hardest part of the job is the weather!!!
most enjoyable part of the job is helping the public and making them smile!!!
not a good place to work as a casual employee, but it was very close to home
Forklift Driver/Pickpacker (Former Employee), SydneyOctober 15, 2014
a typical day involved starting my work, then being told somebody was absent so I would have to work late, management never called in people to fill staff shortages, despite consistent promises of a permanent position they were never offered to a lot of people, the hardest part of the job was doing 12-14 hours some days because of staff shortages, the most enjoyable part was the sense of accomplishment at the end of those long days
Frustrating
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood, CoOctober 6, 2014
Pros: i loved being exposed to other cultures whom i dealt with on a regular basis.
Cons: the salaries are not even remotely competitive and schenker knows it, so there is a marked attempt to increase some benefits.
I worked at Schenker for 2 1/2 years in the Lakewood Data Center.

There are a lot of good people at Schenker and I agree it's kind of a family atmosphere... almost.

If you do not quite fit in with the culture at the location, however, it's very frustrating.

Advancement is limited if not completely restricted. There is no cross training for other positions, and training is somewhat less than adequate.

The hours are great. The environment can almost be fun. the Data Center just went through a major redecoration to make it more appealing to potential customers.

However, they then turned around and laid off the majority of contractors at the location.

Schenker does not pay competitively, and is aware of it. There were no raises, at all, the entire time I was there, and from what I understand they year or two prior as well.

For a company owned by Germany with a Global perspective, there is a very strong case of "us first" in the US region and a decided antagonism towards other nations.
Yes Very Productive
Seafreight Import Controller (Former Employee), GPOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: overtime
The Environment is very intense a lot of pressure involved, It teaches you to be involved and concentrate on what is required.
ok
container handler driver (Former Employee), traqfford parkSeptember 22, 2014
ok to work for. no issues. hours were ok, would work for them again.
Regional Head (Current Employee), Dubai Regional Head officeSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: exposure in multinational company
Cons: very limitied career path
In my short period in schenker so far i am not impressed by the management approach toward employee career development, no trainings,no orientation and guidance
interesting job, wariety duties and working days
Junior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Praha, STSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free bus pass, extra holiday and paid overtime
Cons: few dificult customers
- communication with different departments - rail, sea, land and countries such as Italy, German, Spain, Holland, England
- organizing parcel´s shipping - worldwide
- support of our team of 10 people including manager
- contact person for VIP customers
- responsible for issuing price lists for VIP customers with free hand to give a discount
- organizing meetings, travelling, hotels, cattering
- ordering office stationery
Don't be Fooled
Import Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: pay not worth your health
Cons: see my review
I worked for a manager who was the product of being one of those people that bullies their way through everything even to get the position and has a pet snitch for a assistance.

Bax Global and Schenker should have NEVER, merged.

This company will suck the life out of you and then tell you it's your fault.

I know in my years with the company 2 ladies, died. Too much stress at this branch.

They reward public and hostile behavior and force many employees to seek employment far away from this location.

Do yourself a favor---------->RUN and Don't Look Back!
Progressive, challenging and productive
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPAugust 21, 2014
Pros: tea breaks
Cons: time keeping
I am at my work station at 08h00, I first check the Inbound report for the day to have an idea of how our day is going to look like,hold a toolbox meeting with my staff, we paln our daily process in accordance with the volumes on the day. We split the team accordingly, paying attention to more challenging issues.Our daily process/operation starts after the meeting, with our daily target we start operations, we thrive to meet our target within the normal working hours to avoid overtime.I therefore attend to all the queries via mail or phone, communicate with Customer Service and our Transporting department (SFX).

I have learned that you will never please everybody, work takes priority, I have also learned that it is very important to have your staff's trust, get to know each and everyone of them as much as possible.

i have an open door policy kind of management, i give my staff a platform to express the feelings/ideas about our operations, come up with ways to improve operations. Give input on how we can improve our processes

I am close to everyone at work from management to the guys on the floor to the Security and the cleaners.

The hardest thing about my job is to keep the staff motiovated at all times, meeting targerts more especially when the volumes spikes.

the most enjoyable part is interacting with people on different levels, getting the job donr as smooth and fast as possible, meeting set targets, facing new challenges everyday.
Large Company, Global Reach
Sales Manager - Greater Atlanta (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: big company, stable, global reach
Cons: management and sales structure
Schenker is a major player in the Global Logistics Industry. However, its US operations take a backseat to European interests and that has pampered the competitiveness for the company. It also needs some revamping of its Sales and Management Structure.