Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employee Reviews

Very Good
OS & P E S & 5S Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2012
Its the best company to work for and be part off, they are taking over mostly all major production companies and labeling them under their DBS umbrella
Good company to work for with good people but it is time for me to tackle a new challenge with Panalpina and continue working in the same field
Regional Financial Controller - Eastern Canada (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 5, 2012
DBSchenker is a great company to work for.
2011 was really challenging due to restructuring and too many changes in personnel.
Overall DB is a healthy company but I need to close this chapter and open a new one. With 25 years of experience in the freight business
I am sure I can be in a good position to provide added value to Panalpina.
What I enjoy the most is working with people , I am a team player and work with corresponding operations managers on a regular basis in order to continously improve our productivity and keep our overhead ( operating and personnel ) cost to a respectable level; Monthly analysis of financial results by product and explain the +,(-) deviations to budget and to same period prior year.
Enjoy working on the forecast and the budget by being aggressive enough to push our ops managers and sales reps to continue performing at a high level with expected growth year over year.
Pros
communication and team work
Cons
too many changes with no real and constructive plan
Very Good Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I loved working for this company. The co-workers were great, they were very flexible, and the pay was awesome.
Could use a better Workplace Management System.
Reach Operator (Former Employee) –  AberfoyleDecember 16, 2013
I was employed at their new top of the line warehouse. The system used at their warehouse is Red Prairie. There are too many limitations as to what this system can and can not do. It couldn't tell the difference between a full pallet and a partial pallet and couldn't differentiate that partial pallets can't go into push back racking. This is a small example of one of the limitations this system has . The management did not want to even try to figure out the issues with the Red Prairie computer system even though there are ways to increase productivity. Another limitation the system had was that if you needed to override the location because it is a partial pallet that can not go into a push back rack but the computer is sending you there anyway. It will not allow you to scan into an empty location because product is already assigned to the location Error message: Could not allocate location. There is only one bolt in each side of the racking when there should be two there are roughly 27500 missing bolts in the racks and management doesn't seem to care about this safety concern.
Cons
can't leave the property for lunch there is only junk food in vending machines.
Fun Workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 20, 2013
- Very fast paced environment
- Friendly atmosphere
-good pay
-can be stressful at times