Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn Employee Reviews in Canada

Great employees
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONNovember 29, 2015
The place is a good place to work for but sometimes you are placed in high amounts of street because of the fast pace but other then that it is a productive and fun atmosphere.
Pros
good employees
Cons
Worst company i worked for
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 26, 2015
Stay away from Schenker. Absolutely no management, horrible co-workers and i never felt i was part of the company. I never got any feedback from my boss so i never knew if I was doing what i was supposed to... Most of the coworkers wouldn't even bother saying hi to you, but spent all the time on their phone talking very loud. At the end of the day, i never felt like i meant anything. Bad bad bad.
Pros
Free coffee, location
Cons
low pay, bad management, horrible team, bad company culture.
Daily Tasks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 21, 2015
Review daily startup and previous days KPI's. What are the challenges . Breakdown mixed sku loads. get everything received put everything away. Train new employees on S.O.P.s Find time to talk one on one with employees issues. Coach and Discilpline employees.
productive, fast paced environment, fun
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of working on a line and opening boxes, to hang and sensor merchandise, then pack it in totes according to correct store #.
-hardest part of the job was maintaining the production
-enjoyable part was new experience, new friends
Pros
over time
Cons
got sent home early
Good experience
Order picker (Former Employee) –  GuelphJune 3, 2015
A typical day includes the start up meeting, where you are assigned your duties for the day, followed by a circle check of your MHE (mechanical helping equipment). From there you would either be pulling full skids for shipment, putting skids away off of the truck, or building "mixed" skids box by box for shipment. This job has giving me addition experience driving walkie, electric counter-balance, and Hyster reach.
Pros
Enjoyable work, fast paced and excellent exercise
Cons
Often asking the shift if they want to leave early, VTO.
Hated working here
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  brampton ontarioJune 1, 2015
Very repetitive, the supervisor was very mean and didn`t give me the legal correct amount of time before letting me go for a very stupid reason. All I did was check my phone for the time to see when my next break was coming up and I was let go on the spot. I have never been on my phone for personal purposes, I always came to work on time and did my job the way I was supposed to if not more and beyond and they didn`t even give me a chance to explain myself. I found this highly unprofessional and they proved to not care for their employees.
Nice place
Data Entry Clerk (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  torontoMay 5, 2015
Very nice place to work in although I wished I could of stayed longer. If you like to do repetitive work than the position I filled would of been perfect for you!
Top Down Run
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 18, 2015
Lots of insecurity. Hard to get new ideas through. Lots of silos as people are insecure and don't like to share their thoughts
Pros
Global Organization
Cons
Job insecurity, high turnover, lack of employee commitment
productive and friendly environment to work for
Customs Industry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2015
It is a small company and good work environment. Since it is a small group, the communication level between the co-workers are high. It is a very productive environment.
Overall ok and good place to learn experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 12, 2014
Overall ok and good place to learn experience. Nice People to work with.
Pros
good place to start carrer in this industry
Cons
longer working hours
Fast paced working environment
Customs Rater (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 10, 2014
Fun place to work with lots of opportunity to learn and or to gain experience. Team leader in customs department are racist. Favoratism to indians employee and lots of gossiper colleagues.
Pros
good for beginners/experience etc.
Cons
very low pay. no appreciation
Very Good Environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I loved working for this company. The co-workers were great, they were very flexible, and the pay was awesome.
Could use a better Workplace Management System.
Reach Operator (Former Employee) –  AberfoyleDecember 16, 2013
I was employed at their new top of the line warehouse. The system used at their warehouse is Red Prairie. There are too many limitations as to what this system can and can not do. It couldn't tell the difference between a full pallet and a partial pallet and couldn't differentiate that partial pallets can't go into push back racking. This is a small example of one of the limitations this system has . The management did not want to even try to figure out the issues with the Red Prairie computer system even though there are ways to increase productivity. Another limitation the system had was that if you needed to override the location because it is a partial pallet that can not go into a push back rack but the computer is sending you there anyway. It will not allow you to scan into an empty location because product is already assigned to the location Error message: Could not allocate location. There is only one bolt in each side of the racking when there should be two there are roughly 27500 missing bolts in the racks and management doesn't seem to care about this safety concern.
Cons
can't leave the property for lunch there is only junk food in vending machines.
Fun Workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONNovember 20, 2013
- Very fast paced environment
- Friendly atmosphere
-good pay
-can be stressful at times
Great working envornment
Ground Freight Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2013
Good growth opportunities to some extent as you learn something new everyday due to the nature of the industry. Gained lots of operations knowledge in logistics field.
No fun place to work. Fun after work.
Forklift Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Toronto, MississaugaJune 8, 2013
Delegated and trained staff on directives via superior operatives.
Wide knowledge in all forklift equipment. Safety practices well
intact for any future developments within such criteria. Always
willing to learn and share portfolio to demonstrate quality work.
Pros
as long as breaks and lunch time are provided. no problem.
Cons
end of the day review days events.
SUCKS BIG TIME
data entry (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ontDecember 18, 2012
didn't enjoy working there at all, the people are all back stabbing b#@. the manager has favourites, just couldn't stand going in there anymore, it was that bad, that is the first job I had were I hated to go to work, so I stuck it out until I found someing else and left. was hired for one shift an then was given another one after I finished my 2 week training, manager doesn't care one bit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, place just sucked

Comment – December 27, 2012

if you ever have another chance, do not work for db schenker. the turn over is very high. they restruct every-9- month. people working there suck it up to protect their jobs. don't forget, it's german company. German like productivity, that's how they survive. stay away from db schenker

Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONAugust 29, 2012
setting up the shift
organizing the work
training new people
fork lift training
customer service
dealing with companies and drivers
radio work and computer daily skills
Pros
free bbq
Cons
low pay
A great organization with a large network and multi services
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2012
During my day I am active meeting with existing customers and new prospects.
I developed skills in several transportation modes such as Ocean which I did not have prior experience.
Management was overall good but was not very supportive
My co workers were generally very good to work with.
The hardest part of the job was getting operational support in a timely fashion

The most enjoyable part was signing new companies and growing my region .
Pros
variety of services to offer
Cons
lack of inside support
Good stepping stone
TC (Current Employee) –  VancouverJuly 11, 2012
good place to learn about the industry if you are just starting out. there are some good colleagues in the company who are willing to teach you and make sure you know what you are doing.

management is non existent, until you do something wrong. was never told if i'm doing a good or bad job. would prefer to know the team objectives and goals. asked around with other senior staff, but they didn't know as well.

work load can pile up quickly and you are expected to work overtime to finish it. many times i work till 7pm. i didn't enjoy working late all the time.
Pros
free coffee, nice brand name, lots of work so you learnt quickly
Cons
long hours, non communication from management, pay & benefits can be better