SCHENKER OF CANADA LIMITED is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1,700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and services for Sports Events.
Currently we are seeking an experienced Warehouse Airfreight Perishables Coordinator to join our busy Airport Office in Richmond BC.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS DAY SHIFT, FULL TIME WITH BENEFITS.
Responsible for ensuring the effective planning, direction and coordination of outgoing perishable goods by air from the local airport to domestic and international destinations.
Must ensure the effectiveness of the warehouse operations in loading, delivery, and quality control. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with the various airlines and their booking offices, warehouses and agents.
- Prepares customer inventory reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare customer invoices in a timely mannner.
- Interacts with peers, subordinates, and colleagues from various Schenker divisions, as well as with clients.
- Loads inbound and outbound freight.
- Unloads inbound and outbound containers and sorts according to size of freight and destination
- Reads, decodes, and deciphers freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process.
- Previous experience in the freight forwarding industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required for warehouse inventory system
- Driver's licence required
- Fork lift ticket required
- Airside security pass must be applied for and approved
- Able to lift heavy items, as well as work inside a cooler periodically
Resumes will be accepted until Thursday, February 28th.
We thank all interested applicants but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.