SCHENKER OF CANADA LIMITED is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1,700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and services for Sports Events.
Currently we are seeking an experienced Ocean ImportsTraffic Coordinator to join our winning team in the downtown Vancouver office. We are proactive, passionate, energetic, and committed to providing excellence in customer service.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT APPLICANTS THOROUGHLY REVIEW THE JOB REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THEIR RESUMES, AS THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE NOTED ARE QUITE SPECIFIC AND MANDATORY.
Position is responsible for coordinating and handling incoming U.S. bound ocean freight shipments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Trace (daily) containers through Steamship Line, Port of Discharge as well as rail terminal
- Pre-bill ocean freight 3 days prior to vessel arrival into Port
- Manage Bridgepoint– visibility
- Respond to customers effectively and professionally
- Manage customers’ daily manual reports
- Consistent follow up of shipments from POD to final destination
- Create delivery orders
- Send commercial invoice/packing slip to customs broker
- Check/verify if customs clearance has registered at port or steamship line’s website
- Close file jackets promptly – 2 days after delivery date to consignee
- Obtain “proof of deliveries” from truckers upon delivery of containers
- Negotiate aggressive rates for line haul/local dray from truckers
- Monitor empty containers
- Must have ocean import operational experience and knowledge
- Prefer at least two years experience in a freight forwarding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Prefer post-secondary education in logistics or freight forwarding (CITT, CIFFA)
- Demonstrated strong customer services skills/experience
- Able to work well within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid proficiency with computer applications such as MS Excel, Word, email, and database software
Schenker of Canada provides a competitive compensation package comprised of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Resumes will be accepted until Friday,July 19th.
We thank all interested applicants but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.