Are you interested in writing software the way it should be written? Do you like using the right technology to solve each problem? Do you consider programming both a skill and an art? Do you like being involved in the development process from requirements right through to the delivery? Do you believe that you have the skills to implement both GUI and server side designs? Are you comfortable producing high performing algorithms?
If so, we are seeking a enthusiastic, motivated, developers who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take advantage of the new challenges and opportunities offered by a growing young company.
We are not only looking for senior developers – We are looking for those individuals at any point in their career who know that they have the skill and the art to be a strong participant in our development process.
We work in a small dynamic environment with flexible work hours and are an equal opportunity employer. We also provide our staff with many opportunities for both career and professional development. In this role, you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to building the next-generation of Continuing Education business solutions. Come join us at Destiny Solutions, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work will be part of your daily routine.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience developing sophisticated web applications using java based OO technologie
· Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles, design patterns and UML
· Experience with the development of enterprise web-based transactional applications
· Experience with Servlets & Java Server Pages (JSP) using the Apache Struts Framework
· Ajax experience is an asset
· RDBMS experience – Oracle and/or MSSQL
· Well versed in SQL and the use of JDBC and Hibernate
· Excellent understanding of graphic, web design, and usability principles
· Working knowledge of the following development tools and environments: Ant,Mecurial, Eclipse IDE, Apache Tomcat and the Apache HTTP Server, JIRA
· Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written with both technical and non-technical staff)
· Motivated, hardworking and flexible
· Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the big picture
· Business knowledge of the Higher Education domain and financial accounting would be an asset
· Experience with reporting packages such as Crystal Reports or Cognos would be an asset