Destination One Consulting excels at providing our clients with top quality candidates from our branch operations. The Destination One operating model features specialist recruiters working in practice verticals which enables them to deliver top quality resources to our clients in a timely manner.
Position - UI Developer
Reporting Relationship: Development Lead WebApp
Liaise & Work with: Web Application Developers, Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Writers, Subject Matter Experts, Product Team management and member(s) including technical and administrative staff.
The UI Developer delivers high quality web application of client's "next generation" software for the correctional industry.
The UI Developer will have deep skills in Web Design and implementation with a passion for building great web-based user interfaces.
The UI Developer works collaboratively with the development team applying industry best practices and creative approach in order to ensure that product software user interfaces, layouts and navigation are highly usable, look professional and appealing, and comply with current accessibility standards. The UI Developer will work closely with the back-end developers to find ways to push the limits of existing Web technology in service of creating the best possible user experience. The UI Developer is a hands-on professional, skilled in applying user experience design process, methodologies and best practices.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Elegantly implement page designs in standards-compliant dynamic HTML and CSS
- Create rapid prototypes of interfaces to be used as a blueprint for content and technical development
- Implements UI layout of controls, content and navigation through the use of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and rapid prototypes of key UI elements.
- Promptly and effectively communicates research findings and recommendations with key stakeholders.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Experience with some or all of the following web technologies and standards is an asset: JSF, JSF RichFaces, JBoss SEAM, XML, Java & JEE
- Advanced GUI development and sensitivity to information architecture and design issues
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong and dedicated team player.
- Comfortable working within rapid design and development cycles with changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to completing work on time-sensitive projects
- Graphic design experience and/or familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of industry standard wireframing/prototyping tools. Experience with Axure would be an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to web-based application development
- Embrace and promote best practices in order to create maintainable, high performing web applications
- Experience working with an MVC framework
- Passionate for building elegant, highly responsive user experience, detail oriented and great pride in every feature, font and pixel you develop
- Extensive appreciation of the aesthetics of code, documentation, and the user interface
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (will consider relevant professional experience in lieu of degree).
- At least 3+ years of industry experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- Strong understanding of web optimization strategies.
- Experience designing in an Agile development environment would be an asset.
- Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Subversion.
- Experience with accessibility such as Screen readers, Section 508, WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA.
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume with a brief cover letter indicating your salary expectations and mention "UI Developer - Vancouver, BC" in the subject line.
To know more about Destinationone Consulting Inc. you can visit our website at: www.destinationone.ca
You can follow us on Linked In by following this link, as it will give you all the updated information on the latest hiring trends and positions that we are working on: http://www.linkedin.com/company/3103542?trk=tyah
You can also LIKE us on Facebook by following this link: https://www.facebook.com/DestinationoneConsultingInc?ref=hl
Due to high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates that have been short listed will be contacted for further consideration. Destinationone Consulting Group is a growing company, so we encourage you to visit our company social media pages to stay connected to more positions we are hiring for.
Thank You for showing interest in Destinationone Consulting Inc.