Destination One Consulting excels at providing our clients with top quality candidates from our branch operations. The Destination One operating model features specialist recruiters working in practice verticals which enables them to deliver top quality resources to our clients in a timely manner.
Web Application Developer
Reporting Relationship: Director Software Development
Liaise & Work with: Architects, Business Analysts, Project Team Management and member(s) including technical and administrative staff.
Summary of work:
Creates high quality software solutions by designing, developing and implementing Enterprise Java based software components. Applies JEE best practice blueprints and patterns. Actively participates in enhancing of existing software usability, performance and maintainability. Ensures quality outcome by developing and conducting quality assurance tests. Mentors and effectively share knowledge with other team members.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines objectives by analyzing requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Designs and develops software applications
- Ensures conceptual integrity by following overall system architecture
- Follows adopted design/development methodologies, patterns and tool sets
- Ensures quality outcome by developing effective quality assurance tests
- Completes application development on-time by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Active team player contributing to team success
- Ensures code maintainability by developing strong documentation
- Updates job knowledge by researching new frameworks/technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Willing to embrace challenges and enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- A successful candidate is hands-on senior Java Enterprise specialist, knowledgeable in modern technology frameworks and trends. Has deep level of understanding and practical application experience of various JEE frameworks such as JSF, EJB, SEAM, Hibernate, jBPM, JAXB, WS-*, XML, RichFaces
- Solid understanding and hands-on knowledge of JBoss enterprise application platform
- Understanding of AOP
- Hands-on experience with utility tools such as Ant, Maven and Subversion as well as various operating systems such as Linux and MS Windows are also in asset
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, technical writing skills, effective communication skills, multi-tasking and time-management skills, organization skills, and interpersonal skills
- A successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience as a key role in JEE design and development using mentioned above JEE frameworks
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in mathematics, information systems or software engineering systems, computer science, computer programming or a related discipline
- Continuing education in IT field and relevant certifications are in asset
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume with a brief cover letter indicating your salary expectations and mention "Web Application Developer - Vancouver, BC" in the subject line.
Due to high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates that have been short listed will be contacted for further consideration. Destinationone Consulting Group is a growing company, so we encourage you to visit our company social media pages to stay connected to more positions we are hiring for.
Thank You for showing interest in Destinationone Consulting Inc.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Destinationone Consulting is a full spectrum Human Capital Solutions Company with a focus on providing Recruitment, Permanent &...