Destination One Consulting excels at providing our clients with top quality candidates from our branch operations. The Destination One operating model features specialist recruiters working in practice verticals which enables them to deliver top quality resources to our clients in a timely manner.
We are currently looking for a Social Media Strategist for our client based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Position: Social Media Strategist
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all brands and products
Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success
- Mentor and provide training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing content for social networks
NOTE: The person must have the ability to effectively communicate complex and technical theory and information in an understandable manner
- Work with all brands to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns
NOTE: This is where internal communication skills and the ability to adapt come in. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working with administrators and executive level management to coordinate projects.
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely
NOTE: Part of the social media strategist’s job is to make sure your company stays on top of emerging trends. In the interview, ask candidates how they stay on top of their game. Do they read blogs? Which ones? Do they participate in industry specific Twitter chats? Which ones?
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and 3-5 years experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, as well as independently
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
NOTE: the social media strategist will be charged with managing online communities. To be most effective, look for someone who has experience volunteering with non-profit groups in their community, or serving on the board of directors for a community organization. These people are more likely to have the skills necessary to your social communities.
- A solid understanding of ethical search engine optimization techniques.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
- Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content related to [insert industry specific topics here. I.e. healthcare, fitness, healthy lifestyles, parenting, etc.] is preferred
- Experience developing and launching email and text messaging campaigns preferred
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador is absolutely required
- Data, analytics, and metrics oriented
oMicrosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 2007 or 2010
oAdobe Design Suite CS4 or CS5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash)
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your resume with a brief cover letter indicating your salary expectations and mention " Social Media Strategist - Edmonton, AB" in the subject line.
Due to high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates that have been short listed will be contacted for further consideration. Destinationone Consulting Group is a growing company, so we encourage you to visit our company social media pages to stay connected to more positions we are hiring for.
Thank You for showing interest in Destinationone Consulting Inc.