Desjardins

Desjardins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace with lunch offered, sometimes
customer service representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Tennis tables
Cons: Late hours
January 1st, 2016

- Not all employees worked, we were a few co-workers to take care of the Desjardins members. It was not that busy and the employer decided to offer free lunches to all employees who were on the floor that day. It was distributed by one of the managers who took the attention to wish a happy new year to each of us. The hardest part of the job is the customers yelling at us over the phone and sometimes, pronouncing bad words but feeling helpful to the customers make us smile and brings joy, everyday.
Productive Environment
Support Sales and Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free giveaways, friendly environment
A support sales/service insurance agent is responsible for:
Answer sales/service calls Direct calls to appropriate departments and sales agents Arranged callback requests for agents Advised and confirmed details for clients regarding their pollicy

While working in the call center I learned how to solve situations and deal with high rate customers. I also learned how to use the insurance software to pull up client information and make notes in their file. My co-workers and mangers were very helpful and friendly.

April 25, 2013

Wait, I think I know why this reviewer is such a happy camper with this employer: "I learned how to solve situations and deal with high rate customers." Surely someone who cannot distinguish between "irate" and "high rate" is definitely in her element, i.e. a call centre (read threadmill, jog ghetto) with next to nil prospects for advancement. Bonne chance!

Pleasant environment
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoApril 9, 2013
Working at Desjardins, was not very differerent from my two previous Employers, as they were all great people to work for, management were supportive, and my co-workers all worked as a team. This is where I actually learnt to adjudicate Health and Dental claims, and I very much enjoyed when we met our five day turnaround time.
Productive and fun workplace, very nice people in the team
Business Loan Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Productive and fun workplace, very nice people in the team.
- Deliver a positive customer service experience.
- Maintain or exceed a minimum amount of sales.
- Prepare various reports surrounding the metrics of the sales department: quarterly sales results, annual forecasts and account status reports.
- Presenting the reports to the higher authorities.
- Supervising and reviewing work of loan officers
Great company to work for. Great salary, good benefits and treat the employees well
Coordonnatrice de la qualité et de la productivité (Current Employee), MontrealApril 25, 2015
Great company to work for.
It's a great working environement. Working at Desjardins is like having a second family.
The management is there to help you advance in your career. A lot of job opportunity within the company.
Great salary, good benefits and they treat the employees well.
This place is productive and very fun workplace with a lots of great people to work with.
Conseiller, service aux particuliers VPA (Current Employee), MontréalSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy very much working at Desjardins. The most enjoyable part of my work is the contact with my coworkers and of course our members. Each day is full of new experiences.
Co-op placement. No konwledge on subject.
Office worker Forgrave Financial (Former Employee), CampbellfordApril 25, 2015
Typical office work. Fill out forms, answer the phone, you get your own work done and then go home. I learned a lot that will likely be helpful later in life.
Review of Business Development
Associate - Business Development Management (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Focus is on presentations, producing business documents, and prospecting, researching clients

What I enjoy is the tradeshows, meeting clients, and the ability to be creative with prospecting initiatives, planning events and tradeshows.

I have learned alot about Business Development, sales cycles, and insurance!
Controleur financier
Contrôleur financier (Former Employee), MONTREALAugust 28, 2015
I have learn a lot with new challenges. Co-workers are amazing, always ready to help. Team work is most enjoyable part of the job. Be together as one team.
Typical day at work
Derivatives advisor (Current Employee), 1060 universityAugust 25, 2014
Typical day at work

- FX trades
- Bond Forward portfolios
- swap portfolio computation
- Margin call needed
- Forward position closing

and I develop various software to dramatically improve effeciency of our buisness
Good team, great atmosphere.
Coordonnateur en téléphonie/télécom (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 23, 2015
Ive been working with a great team under a knowledgeable and dedicated management. They have a great vision for the company's future.

Very good company to work at.
management
sales (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours and paper work
great communication

advises of great team environment

lots of paper work

always busy

large employee count

fun work environment and activities

plenty of overtime and potential for growth
great company
Coordonnatrice (Current Employee), MontréalApril 29, 2015
Never was a routine, friendly co-workers. Great company to work for.
PVM Desjardins
Unix system administrator (Former Employee), montrealJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great in any sense
Cons: management was the issue on that project.
Was my first experience has a Unix Administrator for a bank.
Was a great experience.
Great environement
Administrateur de systèmes WIntel, VMware (Former Employee), montrealNovember 20, 2014
Had great time working at Desjardins.It is a very complex environment and tons of new technology.
Growing Awesome company !
Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Great co-workers!
Great managers!
Awesome Growing Company!
Excellent company to work for overall!
Company helps you grow and believes in continuing education!
Environnement de travail agréable, valorisation de l'employé considérable
Agente de liaison pour le mouvement (Former Employee), Ste-JulienneNovember 2, 2013
Pros: bonne ambiance de travail, assurances complètes (dents, lunettes etc)
Cons: pression pour la vente, travailler dans le stress de ne pas atteindre les objectifs de la caisse
Journée Typique
-Prendre les messages sur la boite vocale de la caisse
Être à l'écoute des attentes de la clientèle et à l'affût des occasion d'améliorer le service à la clientèle
-Procéder aux demandes de recherches des membres tel que réclamation pour paiements mauvaises factures, relevés d'opérations, transactions inconnues dans leur compte, remplacement de carte de guichet
-Remplir le calendrier des absences et des vacances
-Prise de Rendez-vous
-transferts d'appels
-Trouver des solutions pour les insatisfactions des membres

Opportunités de développement
-Elles sont excellentes, le réseau des caisses offre aux employés qui le désirent des cours à la Téluq (télé université du Québec) des cours de perfectionnement pour avoir la possibilité d'avoir des promotions

- Les gestionnaires sont toujours à l'affût des progrès tant au niveau informatique que le secteur des ventes. Leur disponibilité est exemplaire ainsi que leur façon de supporter et d'encourager les employés.

Collaborateurs
-Le réseau des caisse est une belle grande équipe. L'entraide entre employés est une grande force

L'aspect le plus difficile
- Les ventes : Nous sommes constamment sollicité pour faire de l'épargne, des références, visa, relevés, et tout ce qui touche à l'automatisation des membres

L'aspect le plus agréable
- Le contact avec les membres
-La sensation d'avoir résolu un problème et de voir un membre satisfait du service reçu
-Pouvoir aider un collègue
Environnement de travail agréable
Coordonnatrice, Nouveaux médias et Publications (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: cafetaria
Cons: structure lourde
Journée de travail typique :
- Analyser toutes les demandes de dons et commandites corporatives et faire une recommandation au directeur.
- Coordonner la logistique des événements corporatifs et voir à la représentation (incluant les présidences d'honneur) lors d’activités à caractère social.
- Coordonner la logistique des activités reliées à l’exploitation des commandites.

Opportunité de développement :
Malheureusement, mon patron n'était pas très ouvert pour les opportunités de développement.

Collaborateurs :
- Service des graphistes.
- Service de conseillère pour la publicité.
- directeur de caisse.
- Service de l'approvisionnement.
- Personnes internes et externes.
- Chargés de projets.

L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste :
- Travailler avec un gestionnaire incompétent.

L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste :
- Travailler avec ma collège de Toronto.
- Assurer la gestion du budget des dons et commandites.
- Présenter aux PVP et VP les événements en cours.
Culture d'entreprise remarquable
Directeur de section (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: ambiance, valeurs, employés, gestionnaire et avantages sociaux
Le Mouvement a développé un savoir-faire inestimable dans l'élaboration, le maintien et développement de sa culture organisationnelle sous le thème de la Promesse Desjardins. J'ai le privilège d'être dans le comité organisateur de cette initiative dans ma vice-présidence, où je propose et participe des activités et des thématiques liées à la Promesse Desjardins, soit d'être proche, d'être engagé et d'être à l'avantage de nos membres et clients.

En somme, c'est une organisation qui favorise un milieu de vie professionnelle stimulant, respectueux et convivial afin de travailler en harmonie avec les secteurs d'affaires et les autres filiales de l'entreprise.
Environement de travail agréable
Agente financiers, conseillère aux Entreprises (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 4, 2013
Pros: service à la clientèle
Cons: surcharge de travail
Début de journée calme avec les collègues a prendre un bon café pour débuter la journée. Les employés sont super
Ouverture des dossiers en cours et ou via ordinateurs, prendre messages téléphoniques et commencer a retourner les appels avant de faire tout autre chose. Continuer le travail qui n'était pas terminé de la veille. Répondre au téléphone au courant de la journée. Aller a des meetings, diners-conférences, rencontres avec les clients. Rencontrer des gens de tous les domaines, des collaborateurs dans Desjardins, permet les opportunités de développement. Le plus difficile, la surcharge de travail et le plus agréable, bien sur les rencontres avec les clients.
Employees