Desjardins

Desjardins Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Review of Business Development
Associate - Business Development Management (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Focus is on presentations, producing business documents, and prospecting, researching clients

What I enjoy is the tradeshows, meeting clients, and the ability to be creative with prospecting initiatives, planning events and tradeshows.

I have learned alot about Business Development, sales cycles, and insurance!
Fun Workplace with lunch offered, sometimes
customer service representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Tennis tables
Cons: Late hours
January 1st, 2016

- Not all employees worked, we were a few co-workers to take care of the Desjardins members. It was not that busy and the employer decided to offer free lunches to all employees who were on the floor that day. It was distributed by one of the managers who took the attention to wish a happy new year to each of us. The hardest part of the job is the customers yelling at us over the phone and sometimes, pronouncing bad words but feeling helpful to the customers make us smile and brings joy, everyday.
management
sales (Former Employee), mississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours and paper work
great communication

advises of great team environment

lots of paper work

always busy

large employee count

fun work environment and activities

plenty of overtime and potential for growth
Controleur financier
Contrôleur financier (Former Employee), MONTREALAugust 28, 2015
I have learn a lot with new challenges. Co-workers are amazing, always ready to help. Team work is most enjoyable part of the job. Be together as one team.
Growing Awesome company !
Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Great co-workers!
Great managers!
Awesome Growing Company!
Excellent company to work for overall!
Company helps you grow and believes in continuing education!
great company
Coordonnatrice (Current Employee), MontréalApril 29, 2015
Never was a routine, friendly co-workers. Great company to work for.
It's a great working environement. Working at Desjardins is like having a second family.
Great company to work for. Great salary, good benefits and treat the employees well
Coordonnatrice de la qualité et de la productivité (Current Employee), MontrealApril 25, 2015
Great company to work for.
The management is there to help you advance in your career. A lot of job opportunity within the company.
Great salary, good benefits and they treat the employees well.
Co-op placement. No konwledge on subject.
Office worker Forgrave Financial (Former Employee), CampbellfordApril 25, 2015
Typical office work. Fill out forms, answer the phone, you get your own work done and then go home. I learned a lot that will likely be helpful later in life.
Good team, great atmosphere.
Coordonnateur en téléphonie/télécom (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 23, 2015
Ive been working with a great team under a knowledgeable and dedicated management. They have a great vision for the company's future.

Very good company to work at.
Great environement
Administrateur de systèmes WIntel, VMware (Former Employee), montrealNovember 20, 2014
Had great time working at Desjardins.It is a very complex environment and tons of new technology.
This place is productive and very fun workplace with a lots of great people to work with.
Conseiller, service aux particuliers VPA (Current Employee), MontréalSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy very much working at Desjardins. The most enjoyable part of my work is the contact with my coworkers and of course our members. Each day is full of new experiences.
Typical day at work
Derivatives advisor (Current Employee), 1060 universityAugust 25, 2014
Typical day at work

- FX trades
- Bond Forward portfolios
- swap portfolio computation
- Margin call needed
- Forward position closing

and I develop various software to dramatically improve effeciency of our buisness
Productive and fun workplace, very nice people in the team
Business Loan Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Productive and fun workplace, very nice people in the team.
- Deliver a positive customer service experience.
- Maintain or exceed a minimum amount of sales.
- Prepare various reports surrounding the metrics of the sales department: quarterly sales results, annual forecasts and account status reports.
- Presenting the reports to the higher authorities.
- Supervising and reviewing work of loan officers
PVM Desjardins
Unix system administrator (Former Employee), montrealJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great in any sense
Cons: management was the issue on that project.
Was my first experience has a Unix Administrator for a bank.
Was a great experience.
Desjardins is a happy environment.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), St.Clair Ave, Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2013
An average day at work is just serving customers - it's nice because there's regular customers. I learned how to promote products and services. Everyone there is friendly. The hardest part of the job was when we're short staffed. Serving and meeting people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive Environment
Support Sales and Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free giveaways, friendly environment
A support sales/service insurance agent is responsible for:
Answer sales/service calls Direct calls to appropriate departments and sales agents Arranged callback requests for agents Advised and confirmed details for clients regarding their pollicy

While working in the call center I learned how to solve situations and deal with high rate customers. I also learned how to use the insurance software to pull up client information and make notes in their file. My co-workers and mangers were very helpful and friendly.

April 25, 2013

Wait, I think I know why this reviewer is such a happy camper with this employer: "I learned how to solve situations and deal with high rate customers." Surely someone who cannot distinguish between "irate" and "high rate" is definitely in her element, i.e. a call centre (read threadmill, jog ghetto) with next to nil prospects for advancement. Bonne chance!

Très amicale
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Saint-Hyacinthe, QCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Bonne esprit d'équipe
Cons: Pas vraiment
Accueillir, et servir les membres et s'entraider entre nous, j'ai aimé aider les nouveaux arrivants dans leurs travail et l'esprit d'équipe était très forte. Je n'avais pas vraiment de côté négatif mais je voulais relever un nouveau défi.
expérience de stage
stage (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCFebruary 1, 2016
appliquer ce que j'ai appris dans ma techniques de gestion de commerce tel que l'organisation, la planification, quelques notions sur la gestion des ressources humaines

j'ai appris beaucoup sur l'importance de la communication, la gestion de conflits, l'intégration.

Desjardins est bienveillant sur ses employés et clients
Environnement de travail très dynamique et stimulant
Agent à la clientèle au centre de contact client (Former Employee), Visa DesjardinsJanuary 18, 2016
L'entreprise a une culture d'entreprise qui favorise l'apprentissage au travail. De plus, les avantages sociaux reliés à l'entreprise sont considérables.
Environnement de travail agréable
Technicienne finance & administration (Former Employee), Anjou, QCJanuary 15, 2016
Petite entreprise,

Agréable a y travailler
Autonomie requise

Aspect plus difficile, remplacerla receptionniste.
Employees