Desjardins Employee Reviews

Share Desjardins vision in our day to day
Investment and retirement, advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2016
Desjardins is a great place to work, a strong coop financial institution with his history, his financial strength and his value. My role as an ambassador is to share our greatness through excellent and efficient solution and service for our customers. Our team is dedicated to serve the client to the best level possible. It's a pleasant environment and we have the support to shape our financial solution. I will love to stay if my salary was enough to cover my financial needs. Leaving the company is the hardest thing to do.
Pros
great environment, great vision, great value
Cons
Low salary, limited career growth.
Insurance here is turning into a call centre(rogers style)
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
Hiring rogers employees and management does not care about you. They are lost and they want numbers from you, nothing else. Keep your feedback to yourself and keep working. Short sighted management practices.

Promotions are determined by who you golf with or who you are dating/live next door to, not by qualifications nor experience. Turn over is increasing visibly.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No recognition, no advancement, dead end call centre job
Great benefits and salary if you can accept the stress
Conseiller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2016
Hard work with daily stress, situations hard to cope with. The management doesn't lead by example. Most of the time you're on your own.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressfull and demanding
Good
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Lévis, QC13 September 2016
Desjardins is a good place to work with many challenges. It provides a stimulating environment and many areas for growth. Good work life balance is easy to maintain,
Solution Architect
Conseiller en architecture de solutions Desjardins (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2016
Great work environment. People are helpful.
As a solution Architect you are pretty much autonomous were you are assigned projects and you provide solution.

The biggest challenge at first is to understand the culture.
Pros
Great balance work & family life.
Cons
Difficulty understanding the processus of a large enterprise. Very procedural
Pays well, but boring
Marketing strategist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2016
Desjardins is a place that pays well but will get you bored rapidly. The management practices are outdated and nobody is authentic. It's a golden cage and nothing more
Pros
No stress
Cons
Boring
Productive and fun place to work
Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
A great and fun environment to work in. Laid back and very friendly place to work. Management very open to talk with you and make employees feel very comfortable.
Pros
Free lunches
Nice Company
Deployment and Imaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2016
Good Colleagues, Nice Work Culture, Co-Workers are friendly, Secured Environment

Hardest part is it has complex infrastructure.
management
sales (Former Employee) –  mississauga9 September 2015
great communication

advises of great team environment

lots of paper work

always busy

large employee count

fun work environment and activities

plenty of overtime and potential for growth
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours and paper work
perfect team
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2016
Its a busy place always performing some tasks. Its an entirely different experience. Learned to manage my stuff under pressure. Team has great work ethics.
Great company to work for. Great salary, good benefits and treat the employees well
Coordonnatrice de la qualité et de la productivité (Current Employee) –  Montreal25 April 2015
Great company to work for.
It's a great working environement. Working at Desjardins is like having a second family.
The management is there to help you advance in your career. A lot of job opportunity within the company.
Great salary, good benefits and they treat the employees well.
great place to woork
J2EE Developer consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 June 2016
big bank, nice place to work, great teammate, nice location near subway, nice desk, great technologies, plenty application, good budget,
environment if very friendly , and work is fun
Java software developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2016
People in the company,mature, competent, and know how to balance between life and work. it's a great workplace to learn.
Productive and fun workspace
Conseillere service a la clientele (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2016
Love working there! I met wonderful and determined people!
My management team is understanding and supportive as much as my coworkers
Fun Workplace with lunch offered, sometimes
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2016
January 1st, 2016

- Not all employees worked, we were a few co-workers to take care of the Desjardins members. It was not that busy and the employer decided to offer free lunches to all employees who were on the floor that day. It was distributed by one of the managers who took the attention to wish a happy new year to each of us. The hardest part of the job is the customers yelling at us over the phone and sometimes, pronouncing bad words but feeling helpful to the customers make us smile and brings joy, everyday.
Pros
Tennis tables
Cons
Late hours
Review of Business Development
Associate - Business Development Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2016
Focus is on presentations, producing business documents, and prospecting, researching clients

What I enjoy is the tradeshows, meeting clients, and the ability to be creative with prospecting initiatives, planning events and tradeshows.

I have learned alot about Business Development, sales cycles, and insurance!
Controleur financier
Contrôleur financier (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL28 August 2015
I have learn a lot with new challenges. Co-workers are amazing, always ready to help. Team work is most enjoyable part of the job. Be together as one team.
Productive Environment
Support Sales and Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2012
A support sales/service insurance agent is responsible for:
Answer sales/service calls Direct calls to appropriate departments and sales agents Arranged callback requests for agents Advised and confirmed details for clients regarding their pollicy

While working in the call center I learned how to solve situations and deal with high rate customers. I also learned how to use the insurance software to pull up client information and make notes in their file. My co-workers and mangers were very helpful and friendly.
Pros
free lunches, free giveaways, friendly environment
Good team, great atmosphere.
Coordonnateur en téléphonie/télécom (Former Employee) –  Montreal23 March 2015
Ive been working with a great team under a knowledgeable and dedicated management. They have a great vision for the company's future.

Very good company to work at.
Growing Awesome company !
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
Great co-workers!
Great managers!
Awesome Growing Company!
Excellent company to work for overall!
Company helps you grow and believes in continuing education!

4.2